Bundesliga Thread

Amblève.

Hell no. He already turned us down before, he doesn't like the revolving door of managers.

Thats the feeling i have.

Like even if City win the league (Pelligrino will stay). Arsenal got Wenger. Man U look like they'll give LvG his 3rd season.

That truly only leaves us as an option.

Would he salavate at the proposition of taking over from JM (Top 4 or not)?

He could get 'one-over' JM so to speak.

We'll see.

Fuck Bayern.

Why? They're not the ones who told Tuchel to come up with a game plan to allow them so much space and for Dortmund's defenders to defend like a bunch of amateurs. Did you see Burki jumping and flapping like a maniac? Comically awful. Tuchel with his first big test as Dortmund coach and he failed. The players failed as well. Very disappointed in Dortmund today. That was Arsenal-esque.

I was serious when I said Dortmund's earliest chance of Bundesliga succes is in 17/18. And that's if they manage to keep on to the likes Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, Aubame etc. and strengthen. Extremely tough task.

Bayern have played some wonderful football under Guardiola and have absolutely trashed teams domestically and in the CL. That team is so talented and well organised, new players come in and they just go with the flow. No wonder why they're so desperate to keep on to him. The only downside of his time there are the spankings by the Spanish giants.

(And he tinkers too much for my liking. I like a coach that thinks outside of the box but he tends to go overboard.)

Bayern's achievements after their slumber in the 00s have been truly remarkable.

But surely Ivanovic will NOT be offered a new contract. Surely!?

How about working with Eden Hazard?

Perhaps but he'd have a lot of work to do. He'd have to make some quality signings in several areas, so the board would have to be 100% willing to grant him that and keep investing. He's gone from the talent at Barca and Bayern, world class players for every position.

Perhaps but he'd have a lot of work to do. He'd have to make some quality signings in several areas, so the board would have to be 100% willing to grant him that and keep investing. He's gone from the talent at Barca and Bayern, world class players for every position.

Agreed.

Which is why i didn't think it was possible, but I'm trying to openly convince myself into the possibility. lol

Ball playing CBs. New #10. Better CM(s). Those are definitely most glaring for a Pep system.

But Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Azpi and Matic aren't horrible building blocks.

Still agree would need a lot of work to create the proper personnel.

But surely Ivanovic will NOT be offered a new contract. Surely!?

How about working with Eden Hazard?

That depends on who the manager is when his current contract runs out.

On a serious note. The chances of him joining is extremely slim, but if he does come then I have no doubt he will take the neccesary steps to shape the squad into his own. He's shown the ability to be extremely ruthless and proactive when needed in the past.

Why? They're not the ones who told Tuchel to come up with a game plan to allow them so much space and for Dortmund's defenders to defend like a bunch of amateurs. Did you see Burki jumping and flapping like a maniac? Comically awful. Tuchel with his first big test as Dortmund coach and he failed. The players failed as well. Very disappointed in Dortmund today. That was Arsenal-esque.

I was serious when I said Dortmund's earliest chance of Bundesliga succes is in 17/18. And that's if they manage to keep on to the likes Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, Aubame etc. and strengthen. Extremely tough task.

Bayern have played some wonderful football under Guardiola and have absolutely trashed teams domestically and in the CL. That team is so talented and well organised, new players come in and they just go with the flow. No wonder why they're so desperate to keep on to him. The only downside of his time there are the spankings by the Spanish giants.

(And he tinkers too much for my liking. I like a coach that thinks outside of the box but he tends to go overboard.)

Bayern's achievements after their slumber in the 00s have been truly remarkable.

They're ruining the Bundesliga. I understand why they do what they do, but I hate them for it.

They get every Bundesliga player that's worth anything in order to weaken their rivals. The Götze transfer was made public to destabilize Dortmund at a crucial point in the season. Clubs can't do anything to combat it when they come in and offer large sums of money, trigger release clauses, or wait until their contracts run out.

It's a miracle that Reus is still at Dortmund.

The only reason I follow the Bundesliga is because I like Dortmund, but if it weren't for that, there'd be no reason to follow. There's good games, but in the end, they mean very little. You know who's going to be champion at the beginning of the season, because there's no club that can compete with them. Dortmund are a good team, but they have no chance at competing at Bayern's level, and they won't until something changes with Bayern. For as much flack as La Liga gets for lack of competition, there's at least two (maybe three) clubs that can win the title.

They're ruining the Bundesliga. I understand why they do what they do, but I hate them for it.

They get every Bundesliga player that's worth anything in order to weaken their rivals. The Götze transfer was made public to destabilize Dortmund at a crucial point in the season. Clubs can't do anything to combat it when they come in and offer large sums of money, trigger release clauses, or wait until their contracts run out.

It's a miracle that Reus is still at Dortmund.

The only reason I follow the Bundesliga is because I like Dortmund, but if it weren't for that, there'd be no reason to follow. There's good games, but in the end, they mean very little. You know who's going to be champion at the beginning of the season, because there's no club that can compete with them. Dortmund are a good team, but they have no chance at competing at Bayern's level, and they won't until something changes with Bayern. For as much flack as La Liga gets for lack of competition, there's at least two (maybe three) clubs that can win the title.

The first part is something you hear a lot but I find it quite exaggerated. When you look at (relevant) recent times, the players they've bought from rivals are Neuer, Dante, Rode, Gotze, Gomez and some back-up GKs. Personally I wouldn't call Schalke, Gladbach, Frankfurt and Stuttgart rivals but okay. Lewandowski chose not to extend his contract and only wanted to join Bayern. That's a personal choice. I think that's all and overall that's not terrible. Dortmund bought Gundogan, Reus, Hummels, Ramos, Ginter etc. but that's never mentioned.

Bundesliga teams have also benefitted from Bayern players, whether through sales (Dante, Gustavo, Hummels for example) or loans (Kroos, Hojbjerg).

Bayern have ruined any kind of title race by being a well-run club. Annoying and boring but they're not the bad guys they're often painted as. The fight for CL spots is always interesting though.

There will come a time when this will all end. Before Bayern's recent dominance, the title was being passed around like a blunt.