Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Lewandowski in the German media (Sport BILD):

"We've agreed with one team for quiet some time. I've told that the manager. I assume that everything is sorted out now and I can join my dream club this summer. That will be the best for everybody."

He didn't name his "dream club", but it's expected to be Bayern of course.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/robert-lewandowski/wann-wechselt-er-zu-bayern-30709084.bild.html

Better fit than Cavani?

Well, I think Cavani is better technically, but I don't value a technical FW over a lethal one and I think Lewa is very lethal... he does what he has to do and scores it. I think we need this 'matador' more than a player like Cavani, but I like Cavani a lot as well.

Well... with his agent telling the media a thousand times that he's agreed with Bayern... Yes, I think it could be Chelsea. B)

Probably being silly and clutching at straws here but I'll still maintain that small hope we can get him till it's officially confirmed he's going elsewhere.

To each his own I guess... I'd prefer Cavani, his all around game would be perfect for us, but I would be very happy with Lewa

Let me explain better - although it's only my opinion about what fits better. also Cavani is infinitely better than what we have today.

Italian League is a lot heavier, slower, and more counter-attacked based than dynamic, fast-paced, played-in-smaller-spaces English League.

So in a league where defending is really strong, player are tougher - and also slower - and the game is more physical, a guy like Cavani excels because he's a perfect fit for counter-attack plays. He can receive the ball, make the play and score.

I'm not saying this kind of player doesn't fit EPL - this kind of player fits basically all styles and formations, but in England football is more fast paced. Things happen too fast and it's less dependable on counter-attacking than Italian because 1) players pass the ball quickly 2) the spaces are reduced, so 2-1 plays are more common and favored 3) more passes are produced than in Italy.

When you go to heavier conditions like Italy where defending is huge and so are the guys (who was the last guy that was small - compared to Italian default - that really exploded in Italy? How many stronger guys excelled at the same time?) counter-attacking happens more often because teams are waiting for the other to attack, they invite them to attack and then they tackle them as if there was no tomorrow. A player keeps the ball longer and they keep passing it horizontally trying to find the space to break into the well fixed defense. A guy like Cavani is a must in a league like that.

Lewa is more about I'm here in the box, pass me the ball and I'll solve it. He positions himself to receive the ball and finish while Cavani is normally there to build the whole play and finish. That's a situation I think it's less common in EPL than in Calcio... but maybe that's just me.

I think Lewa would fit better English's style and have less problems adapting. That said I think Cavani would be amazing as well.

Genuinely feel sorry for Dortmund.

All of their best players being poached by a rival. Only a matter of time before they offer silly money for Reus too.

No reason to believe Bayern won't do back to back trebles.

Let me explain better - although it's only my opinion about what fits better. also Cavani is infinitely better than what we have today.

Italian League is a lot heavier, slower, and more counter-attacked based than dynamic, fast-paced, played-in-smaller-spaces English League.

So in a league where defending is really strong, player are tougher - and also slower - and the game is more physical, a guy like Cavani excels because he's a perfect fit for counter-attack plays. He can receive the ball, make the play and score.

I'm not saying this kind of player doesn't fit EPL - this kind of player fits basically all styles and formations, but in England football is more fast paced. Things happen too fast and it's less dependable on counter-attacking than Italian because 1) players pass the ball quickly 2) the spaces are reduced, so 2-1 plays are more common and favored 3) more passes are produced than in Italy.

When you go to heavier conditions like Italy where defending is huge and so are the guys (who was the last guy that was small - compared to Italian default - that really exploded in Italy? How many stronger guys excelled at the same time?) counter-attacking happens more often because teams are waiting for the other to attack, they invite them to attack and then they tackle them as if there was no tomorrow. A player keeps the ball longer and they keep passing it horizontally trying to find the space to break into the well fixed defense. A guy like Cavani is a must in a league like that.

Lewa is more about I'm here in the box, pass me the ball and I'll solve it. He positions himself to receive the ball and finish while Cavani is normally there to build the whole play and finish. That's a situation I think it's less common in EPL than in Calcio... but maybe that's just me.

I think Lewa would fit better English's style and have less problems adapting. That said I think Cavani would be amazing as well.

Ok... Are you really a woman? LOL

Ok... Are you really a woman? LOL

According to my picture and the gender in the birth certificate, I guess I am otherwise my ex-husband has been awfully deceived by appearances :P

See? I just proved I'm a girl given the terrible sense of humor and the completely inept ability to make a joke.

I'll take that as a compliment though :)

Lewandowski on verge of joining 'club of choice'

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210569.html

Lewandowski ready to complete 'dream' move from Dortmund to arch rivals Bayern

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336400/Robert-Lewandowski-closes-Bayern-Munich.html

Bayern Munich target Robert Lewandowski hoping to join his 'dream club'

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/8758033/Bayern-Munich-target-Robert-Lewandowski-hoping-to-join-his-dream-club-

Pretty much done deal.... to Bayern :ph34r:

He is just perfect type of player for Bayern. With Gotze, him and Guardiola they are going to have one hell of a indestructible motherfucking squad ! :rant:

I have to say I'm really disappointed with him and Gotze...I understand they want to leave, but for Bayern? :( Shame, but Borrusia will be back, they are already lining kick ass replacements :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You