Chelsea keeper Cech could be forced to retire early due to injury!

Chelsea keeper Cech could be forced to retire early due to injury!!!

99799764.jpg

Chelsea keeper Petr Cech could be on his way out due to persistent back and knee injuries.

The astonishing claim was made by the Blues' backup stopper Thibaut Courtois in an interview on Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

"I know he has problems in his knees and on his back," said the 19 year-old, currently on loan at Atletico Madrid.

"Chelsea's goalkeeping coach told me he doesn't know how much time Cech can play at the top level."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said on the Cech's player database that i thought he has got better and better the last couple of years, last year it was like Petr pre injury again.

Atleast we have a awesome keeper waiting just incase the worst happens.

The lad should learn to keep his gob shut about team matters.

Agreed, he doesn't even play for us at the minute.

I find it unlikely, however. This is something probably lost in translation, with Courtois saying something like "I hope to be in the first-team sooner than people think because Cech has some injuries and might retire sooner than expected."

Petr is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, always performing at the very highest levels.

The club has no concerns at all with any aspect of Petr's game or physical condition, and we expect him to remain one of the world's best for many more years to come

- Chelsea spokesman.

This is quite sensational stuff, considering...

"Chelsea's goalkeeping coach told me he doesn't know how much time Cech can play at the top level."

- Chelsea spokesman.

I find it strange people are bashing Courtois as he's only going on what the Christophe Lollichon (GK coach) has told him.

Who would know more about Cech's future, the official Chelsea spokesman?.. or the GOALKEEPING COACH!