Chelsea keeper Cech could be forced to retire early due to injury!

Don't think Cech is one of those keepers à la Van Der Saar who can play at this level until 40. Not that he doesn't have the quality, it's his injuries that make me think so.

I agree. To be sincere, i think we have a reason when we signed Courtois.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech still has a few good years left in him. He probably won't play until 40 due to injuries...but then again, I doubt the likes of Buffon; Julio Cesar & Casillas (similar age to Cech and all of them are top-notch keepers) will be able to play until 40.

Hopefully Courtois continues his development at Atletico Madrid..then next season, he'll be our #2 keeper..and he'll be ready to fill-in for Cech in Carling Cup; Fa Cup & some EPL/UCL matches.

Cech still has a few good years left in him. He probably won't play until 40 due to injuries...but then again, I doubt the likes of Buffon; Julio Cesar & Casillas (similar age to Cech and all of them are top-notch keepers) will be able to play until 40.

Hopefully Courtois continues his development at Atletico Madrid..then next season, he'll be our #2 keeper..and he'll be ready to fill-in for Cech in Carling Cup; Fa Cup & some EPL/UCL matches.

He won't be here next season, they have admitted that he'll be loaned out for 2+1 seasons

Courtois is hoping rather than expecting. He just wants to play because he knows he has no chance being the Number 1 here for about 10 years, poor lad. He should keep his opinions to himself and not leak out these stories.

Has Courtois even met Christophe Lollichon? He was wheeled out to Atleti immediately.

I am sure being the GK coach he does converse with the prospects we are looking to bring in. And talking on Phone or video conferencing should be enough to persuade him.

I am sure, Lollichon used that (Cech's crock excuse) as a bait to secure Courtouis's transfer. But my word, what a transfer he has been so far. Only 19 and already has more clean sheets than Cech playing for a mid table team.

He has a great future ahead. 2 seasons at Atl. Madrid and 1 season in the League and 4th and 5th season as the second GK at Chelsea. 6th season replace Cech as Chelsea no.1

I am sure being the GK coach he does converse with the prospects we are looking to bring in. And talking on Phone or video conferencing should be enough to persuade him.

I am sure, Lollichon used that (Cech's crock excuse) as a bait to secure Courtouis's transfer. But my word, what a transfer he has been so far. Only 19 and already has more clean sheets than Cech playing for a mid table team.

He has a great future ahead. 2 seasons at Atl. Madrid and 1 season in the League and 4th and 5th season as the second GK at Chelsea. 6th season replace Cech as Chelsea no.1

Will he be patient enough to wait? Considering Cech is still fairly young for a GK.

Will he be patient enough to wait? Considering Cech is still fairly young for a GK.

Yes....GKs Have to be patient cus they have long careers.

If he becomes a Chelsea no.1 at 24....that isnt too late.

Yes....GKs Have to be patient cus they have long careers.

If he becomes a Chelsea no.1 at 24....that isnt too late.

Whats the current pecking order in terms of Chelsea's goalkeepers?

1. Cech
  2. Turnbull
  3. Hilario?
  4. Courtois (eventually should become the #1)
  5. Delac?
  6. Taylor/Blackman?

I'd sooner put Drogba in goal than Turnbull and Hilario :lol: In fairness both have been solid when played this season, yet neither offer me the same confidence you get when you see 'PETR CECH' on the teamsheet.

I remember you defended Hilario, he's a decent backup keeper. You're being too harsh on him methinks :D Turnbull on the other hand... although he was good in the CC

You do get that feeling of 'oh noooo'when you do see it.And every time Hilaro goes to get the ball think eeeeeek!!! Agree both have been soild but so prone to wandering off crazy moments...saying that Cech's done that a few times this season but still feel confident even when he half way down the pitch..daft but