Chin up!

Madmax

Alright, so we lost. But we didn't fail.

I saw a team play out there. Team being the keyword. I saw an eagerness and hunger to play football, not ugly, boring park-the-bus nonsense. I saw a team that was more than ready to take on the much more fancied opposition on their own turf, and I saw them achieve this. We battered them, and we bettered them. We played positively, with purpose, without inhibitions, with no fear and with conviction, certainly something to be extremely proud of. How many teams would have responded the way we did, after going 3-0 being at HT (a scoreline that was unjust, let alone flattering)?

Our attitude was faultless. Shoulders didn't drop, heads didn't bow. Sure we were guilty of being ruthless in front of goal, but that I can excuse if I see passion and commitment on the pitch. We rallied together, stayed strong and gave better than we got. It's early in the season and sterner tests await, there'll be disappointments along the way but I'm massively encouraged with the performance today. We're heading in the right direction, don't let a mixture of bad luck, small fallacies and refereeing incompetence overshadow a fine outing.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!!!!

I honestly dont feel annoyed that we lost.Had we carried on how we strarted then maybe I would but after the 2nd half performance hard to feel annoyed and slate the team because they came out and tried.They didnt do an Arsenal/Spurs/Bolton they came out and tried and nearly paid off. It werent like in the past where the players have just gone meh and you can tell because they stop chasing,blame each other rather then themselves for the mistakes and generally dont look like they give a fuck about whats just happened.

And defintly will be tests,harder ones when we play the smaller sides who do put up a good fight and those theres more of them to come..and this is out the way...and hopfully can put things right for the return to SB

BEST MOMENT

Chelsea's fans singing 'We're gonna win the league' at the final whistle, drowning out the 70,000- plus home support, despite suffering a defeat that had been on the cards since early in the first half.

(http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2455139,00.html)

KTBFFH, it was a good open play.. scoreline doesn't always tell the whole story but unfortunately results count. Up and onwards

Alright, so we lost. But we didn't fail.

I saw a team play out there. Team being the keyword. I saw an eagerness and hunger to play football, not ugly, boring park-the-bus nonsense. I saw a team that was more than ready to take on the much more fancied opposition on their own turf, and I saw them achieve this. We battered them, and we bettered them. We played positively, with purpose, without inhibitions, with no fear and with conviction, certainly something to be extremely proud of. How many teams would have responded the way we did, after going 3-0 being at HT (a scoreline that was unjust, let alone flattering)?

Our attitude was faultless. Shoulders didn't drop, heads didn't bow. Sure we were guilty of being ruthless in front of goal, but that I can excuse if I see passion and commitment on the pitch. We rallied together, stayed strong and gave better than we got. It's early in the season and sterner tests await, there'll be disappointments along the way but I'm massively encouraged with the performance today. We're heading in the right direction, don't let a mixture of bad luck, small fallacies and refereeing incompetence overshadow a fine outing.

I was gonna start a similar thread.

If it was Barcelona, they would have smashed 6 past Man Utd.

Lets accept it. We lost it cus we couldnt finish our chances. And Man Utd won cus they were lucky with an offside goal and a deflected ball that fell right under rooney's foot.

I honestly, dont think man Utd are class apart. We were the better team, in the sense that we carved them out and should have been 2-1 up in the first half. If it wasnt for Torres and Ramirez.

And then Torres missing that open chance and hitting it over the top of the bar in second half, pretty much summed up our game. We created and created but just couldnt finish. An In form striker, be it Torres or Drogba and we would have been 4-3 or 5-4 up.

So lets take the positives. New manager, and new team with new strikers and new midfield, we did play great at OT, its just that the finishing wasnt up to the mark. But its just the 5th game of the season for fuck sake. We somehow got to get our strikers back in form, and when they do, We will be pretty much there with Man Utd. Another positive is, Man Utd didnt create much untill we were left chasing the game after two goals.

So, lets just be patient. Its not as dire as it was last season. Just get the CF scoring and we should be up there.

Positives: The midfield and the creativity was superb. We absolutely carved them out. Torres looked good apart from his finishing. But lets face it, he aint gonna get it back in one game, but atleast he scored a goal and looked superb. Anelka was great too and so was meireles and Bosingwa.

Negatives: Finishing from Torres and Ramirez. I dont know if it was nerves that had to do with it, but imagine being 2-0 or 2-1 up at OT. We lost the game cus of our finihsing. We were the better team.

Mata had an ok game. Nothing great. He let nani go through on his goal and should have tackled him.

Lets just say man utd were lucky with an offside and a lucky goal. LONG LONG way to go though and i am still positive about our game, cus the midfield and strikers look good. we just need Drogba and torres back in form.

Edited by warnie_666

now Im convinced ...Lampard SHOULD NOT start until he recovers his old form . Mikel is needed in front of the back four.

Torres has finally arrived. we have the right coach ...feel much more confident than I did 2 weeks ago .....

AND ,,,gooners and scumpool ......priceless

now Im convinced ...Lampard SHOULD NOT start until he recovers his old form . Mikel is needed in front of the back four.

Torres has finally arrived. we have the right coach ...feel much more confident than I did 2 weeks ago .....

AND ,,,gooners and scumpool ......priceless

Exactly!!!! Their losses make it even more better! Duno which one was better lol....and we didnt loose 8-2!

BEST MOMENT

Chelsea's fans singing 'We're gonna win the league' at the final whistle, drowning out the 70,000- plus home support, despite suffering a defeat that had been on the cards since early in the first half.

(http://www.chelseafc...2455139,00.html)

That's awesome! I thought it was United fans who were singing but that's just awesome. Quality away support once again!

We will be up there in May pushing United all the way - this is evident.

The most important sign of improvement today was our high tempo. No passing backwards, it was a constant wave of trying to play the strikers through on goal. Villas-Boas' style changing is coming through at last, I can only see us going up from here. Hope that's not jynxing it though lol.

I was watching the game in the bar, with some Chelsea fans and almost all were excited with Torres. I know I have been repeating myself but we all agreed that his movement was unbeleivable. Absolutely top notch they way he lost his marker.

Hope we back him up in the next game, cus thats the missing link. Get him on form.