Messi: not just great, but the best?

Carefree Tom

Are you still hurting from the 5 that Argentina put past your team? Seriously, talk with logic and facts not emotions. Starting to look like a scouser.

Anyways, Messi scored more goals in one half than Torres in 2 years. *Had to do it*

Logic and facts?

Like the ones you put forth?

By the way what team are you talking about? I don't support any NTs

If you want some facts and logic, here's some:

Lionel Messi has been on a heavy regimen of performance enhancing drugs before he was even high school age.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he is doped up. But then so is Alberto Contador. That doesn't stop him from being a legend of his sport, drugs or not, Contador is a joy to watch on the bicycle. The same principle can be applied to Messi. The authorities will turn a blind eye because he's so fucking good. If Salomon Kalou tried that shit they'd have him down in front of WADA before you can say 'cheat'.

I.....don't think there probably is a greatest of all time in football

can messi play as a CB and hold a defence or some sort like's of nesta maldini Puyol that sort

but then Nesta maldini or puyol Couldn't exactly do 48 goals in a season

Juninho owns him free kicks wise and all of that

so ...well there probably is no best of all time ,..maybe players better in some sectors than others

:3 Maybe this one is the best of all time jk

Yes, he is doped up. But then so is Alberto Contador. That doesn't stop him from being a legend of his sport, drugs or not, Contador is a joy to watch on the bicycle. The same principle can be applied to Messi. The authorities will turn a blind eye because he's so fucking good. If Salomon Kalou tried that shit they'd have him down in front of WADA before you can say 'cheat'.

You aren't understanding me.

Imagine Pele on test since 13

or Zidane

or Maradona

hell, even Neymar, he could sure use the mass

but Messi got a special exemption because of La Masia political connections

Messi has a HUGE advantage over other players, he doesn't play under the same rules as others, and whats more, neither does his club!

So is it really a surprise you give cheat codes to one player, and cheat codes to a team essentially, and that star player looks so unbelievable?

and the argument you made is just ludicrous. Either you prosecute people fully for violating the rules and close the loopholes, or allow PEDs completely. cheating is cheating.

I.....don't think there probably is a greatest of all time in football

can messi play as a CB and hold a defence or some sort like's of nesta maldini Puyol that sort

but then Nesta maldini or puyol Couldn't exactly do 48 goals in a season

Juninho owns him free kicks wise and all of that

so ...well there probably is no best of all time ,..maybe players better in some sectors than others

I'd agree but consider that some players are far more versatile tactically and/or athletically which makes them influential in more parts of the game.

I don't buy your argument entirely, blue out west. Growth drugs can't help him technically, his dribbling, passing, eye for goal etc. are all his.

Can they improve pace, though? Messi would be half the player he is now if he couldn't control the ball and move at high speeds.

You aren't understanding me.

Imagine Pele on test since 13

or Zidane

or Maradona

hell, even Neymar, he could sure use the mass

but Messi got a special exemption because of La Masia political connections

Messi has a HUGE advantage over other players, he doesn't play under the same rules as others, and whats more, neither does his club!

So is it really a surprise you give cheat codes to one player, and cheat codes to a team essentially, and that star player looks so unbelievable?

and the argument you made is just ludicrous. Either you prosecute people fully for violating the rules and close the loopholes, or allow PEDs completely. cheating is cheating.

Well said.

I don't buy your argument entirely, blue out west. Growth drugs can't help him technically, his dribbling, passing, eye for goal etc. are all his.

Can they improve pace, though? Messi would be half the player he is now if he couldn't control the ball and move at high speeds.

You don't know much about performance enhancing drugs, this much is clear.

I'm not going to give you the 101 class on it but I can tell you that they for sure helped his technique, control, eye for goal, vision etc.

PEDs help you train and help you recover

training is what develops those skills.

If he wasn't on test @ 13 he would've never even been at La Masia on his 15th birthday, much less a Barca reserve player, senior player OR all-world talent

I would like to see Pele on an unlimited amount of steroids since he was 13, and shit, have him schooled there too.

Pele 5x the athlete, easily, and thats not even considering testosterone levels.

Zidane and Maradonna better than Pele too

Messi is a cheating egomaniac roid monkey

the perfect poster boy for the modern game

Messi was born with a Growth Hormone Deficiency so without these so called "steroids" he would be very sick throughout his life. Do your damn research before slagging him off.

Since when was a legitimate medical practice used on sick individuals considered fucking cheat codes?

Sure some idiots abuse growth hormones, but it is pretty damn arrogant to think you can just place Messi in with those losers.

How on earth did Bosingwa manage to keep Messi quiet as a puppy dog during that semi-final first leg? :lol:

Watched the Barca game yesterday and he was incredible. There aren't enough superlatives to describe him, really. He scores when he wants. Thing that dumbfounds me most is his backlift before connecting with the ball - it's so short! Like a short arm jab. Pow!

He could score 1000000 goals and still not everyone would say he's the best ever.

From my opinion, he's the best player i've ever seen and ever will see. I'll be proud to say i watched him throughout his whole career like how ppl saw Pele, Maradonna, Best, Cruyff, Van Basten and so on.

How on earth did Bosingwa manage to keep Messi quiet as a puppy dog during that semi-final first leg? :lol:

Watched the Barca game yesterday and he was incredible. There aren't enough superlatives to describe him, really. He scores when he wants. Thing that dumbfounds me most is his backlift before connecting with the ball - it's so short! Like a short arm jab. Pow!

Don't remind me...

Nakamura's free kicks are far better than Juninho's, imo.

Could Juninho beat that? Incredible stuff, he had a split second to aim using a mirror.

Do you know Remi Gaillard ? Because he is better than the guy of whom you posted the video. If you don't, I'll show you.

The great thing about Messi is that I don't even think about his statistics. Just watching him play, magical and majestic.

Yeah, it is a real pleasure to watch him play. I can't get enough, everything seems to be easy with him. And what I like with his style, it is that it's very clean (unlike the likes of Ronaldo, Nani, ect...).

Some might argue he isn't the best player, but soon enough there will be no room for this debate. Unless he gets a bad injury, in a max of two years, he most likely will top everything.

P.s. To discredit him because he had to take testosterone is plainly ridiculous.