Hiddink and Mourinho should never return in any capacity

Tomo

Hopefully we won't have this talk in the manager's side for a long time with Andre as coach now but depite the fact i will always be thankful for what they did during their time at the club i hope these two never return in any capacity.

Why? well they both have left fantastic legacy's in the club which if they ever return it does not have the desired affect it will be ruined, if Andre stays for over a decade which if given time i think he could Hiddink will be retired by the time he leaves but Jose will still be around knocking on the door i think we should slam it shut.

You only need to look no further than Ancelotti, has he left after the double season he will foerever be remembered in Kings Road as the guy who won us the Double in swash buckling style and nothing else, now he seems to get more remembered as the guy who was stubborn, would not drop the big names and produced dire performances in 10/11.

I know the timing off this thread is a bit off but i was wondering your views, i personally believe Jose and Guus have left such impressive legacy's that it would be a shame and to be quite frank pretty gutting if they return in whatever capacity and don't do as well which will taint the legacy thet created. In my view we should never put that on the line ever.

thoughts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a theory back when AVB was announced according to which we never really chased Hiddink and the whole thing with him and Turkey was nothing more than a smokescreen with Guus' consent to cover our negotiations with AVB. Even if that theory isn't correct we don't have any idea about the current relationship between the Abramovich and Hiddink and more importantly whether the latter has any say in the matters of the club. As far as I'm concerned since the manager is never going to be in charge of everything I'd rather the man who calls the shots in squad assembling and transfers is someone like Hiddink rather than the Pini Zahavis of this worlds.

There was a theory back when AVB was announced according to which we never really chased Hiddink and the whole thing with him and Turkey was nothing more than a smokescreen with Guus' consent to cover our negotiations with AVB. Even if that theory isn't correct we don't have any idea about the current relationship between the Abramovich and Hiddink and more importantly whether the latter has any say in the matters of the club. As far as I'm concerned since the manager is never going to be in charge of everything I'd rather the man who calls the shots in squad assembling and transfers is someone like Hiddink rather than the Pini Zahavis of this worlds.

Agree to most extent but i don't think it should be the case with all managers.

Say you buy a club that has Rafa in charge, given his ratio of one excellent signing to 10 shit one's im not sure i would be happy to say here you are Rafa £100m buy who you like.

Still, if we had football people running things in the last 3-4 years (even those like Benitez) we would have avoided transfers which had more to do with politics rather than football (Ballack, Benayoun, Zhirkov) and wouldn't have come to need to overhaul our squad as desperately as we did this summer.

In a way, replacing Arnesen with a man with less power, Emelano* gives more power to the manager and whoever else is/will be in control of the club's direction.

*if anyone thinks he replaced him

Guest justin_3d

Agree to most extent but i don't think it should be the case with all managers.

Say you buy a club that has Rafa in charge, given his ratio of one excellent signing to 10 shit one's im not sure i would be happy to say here you are Rafa £100m buy who you like.

I pointed this some time ago, that i think one of the main reason it changed was due to the signings Mourinho was making.

When he first got here, he made some great signing. But after the first season he started to make some abysmal signings.

Wanting Boulahrouz over Alex, Kalou, Malouda, and some more.

After his signing started to look bad, Avram step in.

I really don't think we have made bad signings since then.

Anelka and Ivan where a bargain compare to what we have payed for recent players.

Now with AVB helping in the role and Emanolo as tech director we have made some great signings this season.

So i can see why having a technical director might not be bad then giving full power the manager.

Guus returning to the club as a Technical Director would be more than great; his experience alone is an important asset to any club. Jose on the other hand shouldn't return imo. I'd prefer he remained as hero in the memories of Chelsea fans rather than return and fail.

I think Guus will come back, like what many has said, in a more higher tiered role. I think AVB could be our 'Fergie', as we funally have someone who is a great manager with a technical prowess, but also with the potential to improve evn more in the future. We clearly have given him something during his time with the 'Special' era, but i don't think AVB has that much Jose-esque to him. I think Jose did a really good job in building the team but with a large financial gain, and i think AVB will be the person who will recycle the old bones and bring in the new parts.

Jose might one day come back to England, and if he did, it would be most likely a Manchester based club. But, it won't matter, because we have the 'The Group One' and he will mae his own 'Special' team. Lukaku, Romeu, McEarhan and Sturridge are only the basis we can see now, and as much as i love Hiddink, or Jose, i think i would trust AVB with introducing the younger players then Jose!

Sorry but what "impressive legacy" did Hiddink leave? He was in charge for ~4 months and won the FA Cup. If you're talking about legacy, I'd expect he'd have had at least a full season behind him. I loved Hiddink and wanted him to stay, absolutely... but his spell here was sadly too short and there is not much legacy he could fuck up by returning... and the chances of him coming back as a manager are minimal at best I think.

Joezay always seems to leave a club in worse shape than when he came, not intentionally though. Look at Inter, the minute he left, the club basically collapsed because they couldn't find someone that could manage the players and tactics they way he did.

It sort of happened to us and Porto and it will happen to Real Madrid.

And how the hell does a clinical and very consistent player like Diego Milito go from 25+ goals a season to 4?

One day, I'd like Guus to come back as Technical Director. Take Elemano's job perhaps. He'll have more contacts, will already know of many youngsters around the globe and will work well with Andre. As long as AVB agrees though.

I don't want GuuS as Technical Director. Right now our manager has full control over transfers and Emanelo has no say on first team targets. If Guus comes in we will revert back to Arnesen - Manager model where Arnesen selects players.

I read somewhere that the first thing AVB did after joining Chelsea was to call up his contacts/scouts in England and asked for Top young talents in England.

Hence we saw us going in for Lulaku, Romeu who AVB wanted to sign for Porto, KDB, Thibault and others

I don't want GuuS as Technical Director. Right now our manager has full control over transfers and Emanelo has no say on first team targets. If Guus comes in we will revert back to Arnesen - Manager model where Arnesen selects players.

I read somewhere that the first thing AVB did after joining Chelsea was to call up his contacts/scouts in England and asked for Top young talents in England.

Hence we saw us going in for Lulaku, Romeu who AVB wanted to sign for Porto, KDB, Thibault and others

Arnesen did a good job though. When it came to scouting for reserves & the youth team, he did very well. Players like Kakuta, Borini, Sala ect, all came under him.

As for AVB targets, his only actual "signings" were Romeu & Mierelels. We'd already been scouting Lukaku, KDB & Thibault before he came in. I think it's a myth he has "full control" over player transfers. The scouts wouldn't report to AVB, but to ME.

For example, it was ME who wrapped up the signing of Davila.

Harsh thread title tbh for 2 managers that were great for us. Hiddinks time is up to be our manager anyway, his last chance was when we all thought he'd join in July or whenever it was. Jose may be back one day in 'some capacity' and i'd love it if he was back but not as manager because i want AVB here in 5 years time still going strong, aiming for his 3rd prem and 2nd UCL or something.

The "In any Capacity" isn't really fair. Should be as Manager because i'd welcome both back to the club with open arms and Jose is a Chelsea Legend.

Arnesen did a good job though. When it came to scouting for reserves & the youth team, he did very well. Players like Kakuta, Borini, Sala ect, all came under him.

As for AVB targets, his only actual "signings" were Romeu & Mierelels. We'd already been scouting Lukaku, KDB & Thibault before he came in. I think it's a myth he has "full control" over player transfers. The scouts wouldn't report to AVB, but to ME.

For example, it was ME who wrapped up the signing of Davila.

Yes, but they are working together. It's impossible for AVB to take care of our scouting network.