NFL/College Football (the pointy kind) Fans

Tortilla9

RIP Junior. For those of us in SoCal who watched USC football and then the Chargers, Seau was an amazing player. He was the face of the Chargers for a long time. Thoughts and prayers go out to his young children.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html

I've just seen the link saying that Junior Seau was dead, how sad is that, a player who played linebacker on the edge, always attracting the attention of a tackle and/or guard running back. Thanks for the pleasure that you gave me, I might be a Steelers fan but credit where credit is due that man could play football.

As for the Jets signing Tebow...Christ on a bicycle, they have Sanchez who is much better QB than Tebow. All the Jets needed was to draft someone who could protect Sanchezs left side so he didn't start to hear the sound of footsteps....

• 2 months later...
Drew Brees signs $100 million contract with New Orleans Saints.

Brees and the Saints reached an agreement Friday on the terms of a new deal, which includes $60 million in guaranteed money and a $37 million signing bonus. Brees will earn $40 million in the first year of the contract, and the $20 million yearly average salary makes it the NFL's richest.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-orleans-saints

He deserves it and Saints fans everywhere should be excited. What a beast and a leader....

C'on guys training is about to start, you must be starting to get excited, I know that I am. Our mini-camps have been good and we're signing up our picks. The Ravens seem to be going through an injury crisis with some standouts having real problems. College ball is starting to get coverage again and the pundits are reviewing the commitmants given to Notre Dame by high school seniors before the scandal hit. :getin:

• 4 weeks later...

What teams do y'all support?

I am not an NFL fan, but since I am from Purdue grad I will look to see how former Boilermakers are doing.

College football: I am a Purdue Alumna so I support my Boilers thru the good, the bad, and the ugly which with them it's usually the last two are the norm unfortunately. I will also cheer on any team playing and especially if they are winning against Michigan, Indiana, and Penn State. :D

Blueschick

I am a Steelers fan through and through, but in college ball I've a real soft spot for Old Miss and Gramblin' . However with a name like mine [Pitt] my love is ..I can hear you gringe is the Nittany Lions. Good luck for the season....

wow, not surprised this thread not very active, hahaha.

well im a Jets fan from day fuckin one. my uncle took me to my first football game and it was jets vs bill and they won so yeah.

in college im an LSU fan. Les Miles is a fucking genius! along with rex ryan of the Jets who although a bit loose he has that swagger un-matched in NFL.

my jets are in a bad spot. we have a QB mark sanchez and another one but he;s more of a running back in Tim Tebow. then no wide-outs apart from holmes and an offensive line lacking a good left guard. not tomention the older linebacking core!

we have issues yet we managed an 8-8 record and barely missed pplayoffs. i dont know how but rex ryan always seems to make it work and we're hopin for some miracles out there. maybe we should sign braylon edwards but is SF dont wnat him why should we!?

would have gone deeper but who the fuck cares anyway, not many NFL fans here hahahaha. :D

wow, not surprised this thread not very active, hahaha.

well im a Jets fan from day fuckin one. my uncle took me to my first football game and it was jets vs bill and they won so yeah.

in college im an LSU fan. Les Miles is a fucking genius! along with rex ryan of the Jets who although a bit loose he has that swagger un-matched in NFL.

my jets are in a bad spot. we have a QB mark sanchez and another one but he;s more of a running back in Tim Tebow. then no wide-outs apart from holmes and an offensive line lacking a good left guard. not tomention the older linebacking core!

we have issues yet we managed an 8-8 record and barely missed pplayoffs. i dont know how but rex ryan always seems to make it work and we're hopin for some miracles out there. maybe we should sign braylon edwards but is SF dont wnat him why should we!?

would have gone deeper but who the fuck cares anyway, not many NFL fans here hahahaha. :D

The Jets are the team I love to hate. I'm ostensibly a Bills' fan but I really just love great football more than anything. Jets have Tebow and Ryan...how can you now loathe that team? (I'm a Michigan supporter in the college ranks).

The Jets are the team I love to hate. I'm ostensibly a Bills' fan but I really just love great football more than anything. Jets have Tebow and Ryan...how can you now loathe that team? (I'm a Michigan supporter in the college ranks).

tim tebw is not a quaterback but a wildcat option, simple, i dont hate tim the person but the attention on him is sooo fukin annoyin.

i mean he takes his shirt off and suddenly its back cover of daily news. rex is rex and i never hate him glad we got rid of schottenheimer as OC though, he gave mark wayy too much freedom passing the ball.

on the bills, you guys got mario williams nice pick up, you think you got enough in the tank to continue the rebuilding procces? i mean fitzpatrick failed bigtime after the mazing star and contract. think he gona comback?

tim tebw is not a quaterback but a wildcat option, simple, i dont hate tim the person but the attention on him is sooo fukin annoyin.

i mean he takes his shirt off and suddenly its back cover of daily news. rex is rex and i never hate him glad we got rid of schottenheimer as OC though, he gave mark wayy too much freedom passing the ball.

on the bills, you guys got mario williams nice pick up, you think you got enough in the tank to continue the rebuilding procces? i mean fitzpatrick failed bigtime after the mazing star and contract. think he gona comback?

Except you know the second Sanchez throws one bad pass, fans will keep calling for Tebow. Denver was lucky to be able to get rid of him because he's an awful QB but fans love him. As for the Bills, D-Line should be monstrous this year but Fitzpatrick simply isn't good enough. Pats will win the division with Jets and Bills fighting it out for second and a chance at the wildcard.

Except you know the second Sanchez throws one bad pass, fans will keep calling for Tebow. Denver was lucky to be able to get rid of him because he's an awful QB but fans love him. As for the Bills, D-Line should be monstrous this year but Fitzpatrick simply isn't good enough. Pats will win the division with Jets and Bills fighting it out for second and a chance at the wildcard.

yep but well know whose gona come in secon *cough* NY JETS! *cough*

oh man seasonal allergies killin me man!

Anybody watch "Hard Knocks"? Ochocinco is a clown. The coach is dull as dishwater. That said I still like watching every season.

By location I'm a Chargers fans which can be a lesson in frustration every year. Start out like sh*t and then have a great run and fight to get in the playoffs. Never sure why it takes them so long to figure it out. Norm is Norm and sometimes I wonder WTF he's doing over there on the sideline. Hope Rivers rebounds from a poor season for him last season. I also like the Falcons primarily because of Julio Jones. I just love watching him.

College we're Arizona Wildcat fans (my alma mater) and Oklahoma State (where my money is going now) neither which is expected to have a great year. Also secondary fans of USC because of location and because their QB went to my kid's HS. She knew him in HS. As solid a kid as you'll find - competitive, polite, well spoken. Does the HS and USC proud.

Love watching the smaller level college teams play. There's passion with the players and fans at this level and its fun to watch.

And yes, Tebow is a God awful QB who fans love. I always wonder WTF Urban Meyers was teaching him or not at Florida. He may be the least technical QB I've seen in a long time. Hurts my eyes to watch him play when he's trying to throw the ball.