NFL/College Football (the pointy kind) Fans

Tortilla9

And yes, Tebow is a God awful QB who fans love. I always wonder WTF Urban Meyers was teaching him or not at Florida. He may be the least technical QB I've seen in a long time. Hurts my eyes to watch him play when he's trying to throw the ball.

He was teaching him how to win at the college level!! It worked...The issue is when people thought that "intangibles" could somehow overcome all his awful mechanics and make him an NFL QB.

By location I'm a Chargers fans which can be a lesson in frustration every year..

College we're Arizona Wildcat fans (my alma mater) and Oklahoma State (where my money is going now) neither which is expected to have a great year. Also secondary fans of USC because of location and because their QB went to my kid's HS. She knew him in HS. As solid a kid as you'll find - competitive, polite, well spoken. Does the HS and USC proud.

FYI, my Alma Mater is Univ of Oregon & my favorite NFL side is the KC Chiefs. I see you will be hating on me if I start posting here :P

FYI, my Alma Mater is Univ of Oregon & my favorite NFL side is the KC Chiefs. I see you will be hating on me if I start posting here :P

Spent time with Marty Schottenhiemer at KC at the time of Tim Grunhart, Jon Alt, Dave Szott, Christian Okoye and Neil Smith Derrick Thomas and Mr Potato Head Percy Snow... still got Szotts playing jersey and a gameball from a Chiefs vs Raiders game 91/92. Lamarr Hunt was a true gentleman....

Spent time with Marty Schottenhiemer at KC at the time of Tim Grunhart, Jon Alt, Dave Szott, Christian Okoye and Neil Smith Derrick Thomas and Mr Potato Head Percy Snow... still got Szotts playing jersey and a gameball from a Chiefs vs Raiders game 91/92. Lamarr Hunt was a true gentleman....

You know he is the Godfather of the Professional Football (soccer) in the States? Wasn't for him, no NASL, no MLS, which means no presence in the professional game. DT is my all-time favorite. I remember when he came to KC. The City was in a buzz & immediately the Chiefs became a contender. Never won much, but those were fun times ;) BTW, in my office I have this nice pict w/ Montana, giving instructions to Marcus Allen, that Great Frontline & those receivers that could get the job done. Good Times!!! I just want one thing from Santa this Xmas...The Chiefs to win a playoff game. I think the last one that the Chiefs won was in 93 or 94...I know...almost 20 years ago.

You know he is the Godfather of the Professional Football (soccer) in the States? Wasn't for him, no NASL, no MLS, which means no presence in the professional game. DT is my all-time favorite. I remember when he came to KC. The City was in a buzz & immediately the Chiefs became a contender. Never won much, but those were fun times ;) BTW, in my office I have this nice pict w/ Montana, giving instructions to Marcus Allen, that Great Frontline & those receivers that could get the job done. Good Times!!! I just want one thing from Santa this Xmas...The Chiefs to win a playoff game. I think the last one that the Chiefs won was in 93 or 94...I know...almost 20 years ago.

Derrick was an extremely intelligent guy who could pick up reads almost instantly but his ability to relay that to the rest of the 'D' Albert and Deron in particular prior to the snap stands out for me. They were fun times and the nights spent in Guitars and Caddilacs after the game were memorable. As you can guess I followed Marty from Cleveland and even though I am a dyed in the wool 'Steelers fan I loved Cleveland the city and the Rock ststions and rib cook-offs. K.C was a culture shock after the Dog Pound but the KC fans and the tomahook chop and the wolf I still remember him riding around the field on a quad bike and also lynching a Raiders dummy Fantastic!!

Derrick was an extremely intelligent guy who could pick up reads almost instantly but his ability to relay that to the rest of the 'D' Albert and Deron in particular prior to the snap stands out for me. They were fun times and the nights spent in Guitars and Caddilacs after the game were memorable. As you can guess I followed Marty from Cleveland and even though I am a dyed in the wool 'Steelers fan I loved Cleveland the city and the Rock ststions and rib cook-offs. K.C was a culture shock after the Dog Pound but the KC fans and the tomahook chop and the wolf I still remember him riding around the field on a quad bike and also lynching a Raiders dummy Fantastic!!

I hear that the New Arrowhead Stadium is even louder. I guess I have to go & check it out. You might think I am crazy to go, but believe me its safer to goto KC than to Oakland to see the Chiefs play ;) Whatever heard about the faders...its true.

• 2 weeks later...

Which opening week games are you most interested in?

I watched the Vandy v. South Carolina game today. It was interesting but there were a few calls that definitely changed the outcome of the game.

Did anyone see the Kent State game where the player ran 56 yards the wrong direction and then the other team tackled him. Why did they bother? LOL

Which opening week games are you most interested in?

I watched the Vandy v. South Carolina game today. It was interesting but there were a few calls that definitely changed the outcome of the game.

Did anyone see the Kent State game where the player ran 56 yards the wrong direction and then the other team tackled him. Why did they bother? LOL

:wub: how is your daughter doing with the round ball game. I must e mail you my summer news , XXXX

:wub: how is your daughter doing with the round ball game. I must e mail you my summer news , XXXX

Just started back to school Monday, so football starts up next week. She went to a Tetra Brazil camp this summer to work on her foot skills. She misses playing like she did in the US but they don't have anything similar here that she can get involved in. So it's football in the fall and basketball in the spring with football training with one of the coaches. Oh, can't wait to hear about it! :)