Liverpool next up in the League Cup!

You know what, I really hope we get to win this cup...

Its after all what started it all for Jose, and the taste of silverware is going to the squad pumped up..After all the premier league opposition we've been made to face in this tournament this cup in NO WAY should be undermined....

In fact I'd say its turned into a domestic Champions League for us...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if AVB will still use the youth/fringe against the scum or if the likes of Mata will play

Just hope McEachran, Romeu & Bertrand continue to get minutes in the Carling cup.

I was just wondering, couldn't we try one of our promising youths in the RB (Todd Kane/Billy Clifford) spot...don't think they could be much worse than Bosingwa :P

Stuart Downing probably one of the best crossers in the premier league without doubt, however a very lazy player with no work rate, still he is one to watch out for.

Liverpool fans justified his price-tag as "statistically the best crosser in the league". If they base transfers like that, I'm more hopeful they'll make a swoop for Kalouless.

Liverpool fans justified his price-tag as "statistically the best crosser in the league". If they base transfers like that, I'm more hopeful they'll make a swoop for Kalouless.

Downing was brilliant for the Boro, very quiet for Aston VIlla, he is a brilliant crosser, something he's good at, also good with his shots, but he's not a good team player, average passer, and he doesnt go back and defend. But he's the player you want on a counter attack.

Eeeek...seeing as the league seems a long shot...lets go and win this instead :D and beat Liverpool...hopfully twice in the few weeks

After what I saw on Sat, I would gladly take the Carling Cup. Think about the opposition CFC has played so far. All EPL sides, so it would be a nice achievement as well.

Hope we dont get Arsenal....

Would quite like arsenal tbh. Would be nice to get a bit of revenge and I reckon we will beat them over two legs. If you look at it I would rather have arsenal than city or united. And knowing United they will get blackburn/ cardiff in the semi's.

Would quite like arsenal tbh. Would be nice to get a bit of revenge and I reckon we will beat them over two legs. If you look at it I would rather have arsenal than city or united. And knowing United they will get blackburn/ cardiff in the semi's.

haha yeah im with you on that!

Just tried to use some sarcasm.... Arsenal were as good as we were bad that day... We will kill them if we draw them in CC.

haha yeah im with you on that!

Just tried to use some sarcasm.... Arsenal were as good as we were bad that day... We will kill them if we draw them in CC.

Defo mate. Would take them over city any day of the week. Reckon we would beat them over two legs. Plus we get 15% allocation, 9,000 to the emirates would be absolute carnage.