Juan Mata

Severinb

I just wonder something...

Torres is seen like a stranger by some of our player, in particular Malouda, Kalou, Anelka (and Lampard to a less extend). The reason is most certainly because he is a "threat" for Drogba, ie he is the guy supposed to make the bench the Drogba's new house.

Therefore, I wonder if the same will happen with Mata. Indeed, if he comes there it is to play on the left wing, in other words to bench Malouda. So, do you think the same act of denying will happen with Mata...?

Malouda - Will be replaced

Kalou - Hopefully sold

Anelka - Meh

Lampard - Bench time.

But you do have a point. Our current team will make Mata look shit so that they can have their pal Malouda in the starting XI.

Hey, have you ever realised how medicals take long at Chelsea?Lukaku took a week. I wonder if players are being asked to complete a whole 21km london marathon. :redcard:

we like our players to be injured when we sign them . If they are fit it takes longer to produce a strain or spasm

Malouda - Will be replaced

Kalou - Hopefully sold

Anelka - Meh

Lampard - Bench time.

But you do have a point. Our current team will make Mata look shit so that they can have their pal Malouda in the starting XI.

Yeah, true. Most of them will be on the bench or in the stand (you see what I mean lol). Even if they doesn't play while sulking on the bench, this could bring a bad atmosphere in the dressing room, and it could split the squad into cliques... Well I may be too much worried, but to be frank that's a concern for me.

That's a rather grim view of our players mentality, this isn't the school playground.. they are professionals.

We would like. Though, I do not think we can say Malouda's and Anelka's behavior over the past eight month is professional's behavior. The first man mentioned has just played well at the start of the season to warrant his place in the starting XI and has played well at the end of the season on the purpose to make a good impression to stay at the club ; while the second man plays good just when he is willing to do so (ie not very often).

ps : I'm surprised there's no dig toward Kalou :lol:

Oh yes I know we can watch Valencia and also Man City games. How many of their games over a season do YOU watch for 90 minutes. If you tell me you have followed every Game of Valencia over the entire season for last 4 years and Every Game of Man City over the entire Season for last 2 years, I will go by your verdict. So have you?

I just dont like people passing on verdict by watching MOTD or couple of games of Valencia.

Also, what makes you say Mata beats Silva "with ease" in terms of pace? Did you see them run together or something/?

Silva is much of a dribbler and more direct than Mata is. This was my perception even before from whatever little I saw of both at Valencia and I feel better now that my perception was right having heard the same from a Valencia fan who has watched them much more than you and me. Mata himself has said that he does not like to play direct and take on a defender but relies more on movement. If you cant except we signed a player like that then, I suggest you swallow the bitter pill.

First of all, since when do you need to see every single game a player has played wherever to know his game? Guess I don't know the likes of Lampard and Drogba as I haven't seen every single game of them in their time at Chelsea..

I watch City every time I can as Silva is one of my absolute favourite players and I saw a lot of his games at Valencia as I loved the 'two David's duo'. Of course I can't watch every single game but as if that's needed to know a player..

Are you f*cking serious? I don't need to see Terry and Anelka run together to know Anelka is faster than JT. What a stupid remark..

Silva's not fast. On the short run yeah but that's because he's got a good burst but most players catch up with him when running over long distances. I've seen Mata run at speeds Silva can never reach.

I never said anything about Silva being more of dribbler or being more direct than Mata, I never even said a thing about Mata in my post. I don't know him well enough to say much about his game. Actually read my post when you reply please.

But for you and that other guy to say that Silva relies on his dribbling skills and being a individualist ('playing solo') is just plain wrong. There's nothing with relying on those skills but that's not David Silva. His passing, vision, link-up play and intelligence is what he relies on. Dribbling is a part of his game for sure, he's a great one too, but that's not what he relies on. Maybe he used to when he was younger but that has nothing to do with the player he is now.

But whatever man, I'm tired of this discussion.

I just wonder something...

Torres is seen like a stranger by some of our player, in particular Malouda, Kalou, Anelka (and Lampard to a less extend). The reason is most certainly because he is a "threat" for Drogba, ie he is the guy supposed to make the bench the Drogba's new house.

Therefore, I wonder if the same will happen with Mata. Indeed, if he comes there it is to play on the left wing, in other words to bench Malouda. So, do you think the same act of denying will happen with Mata...?

Well, if this is remotely or subconsciously true (they aren't ignoring Torres on purpose, they're just used to playing with Drogba, etc), that's why it's important to bring in one more key player, ie, Modric. It's clear Torres can't lead the transition charge alone. Add in Mata, it'll still be difficult. Add in Modric? Okay. Add in some of the youngsters? Getting there. It's a numbers game. AVB has to get the right mix to leverage the talent of the old guard but diffuse some of the old tendencies/influence.