Juan Mata

Severinb

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/22/juan-mata-chelsea-sid-lowe

The subsequent departures of Silva and Villa saw him become occasional captain and take increasing responsibility for creativity: his passing is crisp, his movement intelligent and his timing impeccable when it comes to arriving late to finish or dashing beyond the defensive line. He has scored 28 goals over the past three seasons. Last season he scored eight and provided eight assists, creating 74 chances. On average, only one player – Real Madrid's Mesut Ozil – created more goalscoring opportunities from open play. At the end of the season, Opta built a team of the season: Mata was one of only two non-Madrid or Barcelona outfield players included, alongside the Málaga winger Santi Cazorla.

Nominally playing on the left, Mata likes to drop inside and become involved. "I am not," he says, "an old-style winger stuck right out on the wing and limited to running at people and getting crosses in. I like to drop inside, and get between the lines. I tend not to try to take people one on one; I believe in movement, interchange, and being vertical [incisive]." With Valencia there was great mobility among the line of three behind the strikers and this summer's U21 European Championships, at which Mata provided more assists than anyone else as Spain were proclaimed champions, revealed his capabilities in a more central role. He had become the complete playmaker. It is those qualities that Chelsea – and Fernando Torres, aware of the potential benefits to him – were so keen to add.

Absolute rubbish. And that's not the only wrong thing he said about Silva.

Anyway, does anyone know if he's gonna wear the number 10 shirt for sure?

I'd much rather believe a Valencia fan who has seen both of them over the years than a Chelsea fan.

Thanks for your great input though

Just imagine if we signed Modric and Hazard we could play this line up against park the bus teams at home.

-----------------Cech------------------

Bossy------Luiz-------JT--------Cole

-----------Ramires/Lamps-----------

---------Modric----------Mata--------

Danny--------------------------Hazard

------------------Torres-----------------

:D

Just imagine if we signed Modric and Hazard we could play this line up against park the bus teams at home.

Bossy------Luiz-------JT--------Cole

-----------Ramires/Lamps-----------

---------Modric----------Mata--------

Danny--------------------------Hazard

:D

van der wIel-----Luiz-------JT--------Cole

-----------Essian----------

---------Modric----------Lampard--------

Adm Johnson--------------------------Mata

who is the best?? ??

I'd much rather believe a Valencia fan who has seen both of them over the years than a Chelsea fan.

Thanks for your great input though

Uhm you do know you can watch Valencia matches without being a fan right? You can watch Silva at City and the Spanish NT too..

Anyone who says Silva relies on his dribbling skills and plays solo most of the time is either drunk, on drugs and/or has no idea what they are talking about when analysing Silva's game. Saying Silva is faster than Mata makes no sense at all too as Mata beats him in terms of pace with absolute ease.

I think we will lose too much of his game if we play him on the wing. I want him more central were he can see more of the game, we he can use his ability properly. Sturridge and Torres who will clearly play in the same side will need his through balls, so i think he should play just behind the 3 forwards with Mikel sitting and Ramires cutting the amount of times he makes a trade mark burst into the box. What do other people think ?

I think we will lose too much of his game if we play him on the wing. I want him more central were he can see more of the game, we he can use his ability properly. Sturridge and Torres who will clearly play in the same side will need his through balls, so i think he should play just behind the 3 forwards with Mikel sitting and Ramires cutting the amount of times he makes a trade mark burst into the box. What do other people think ?

It's possible if we don't get a creative midfielder (Modric), otherwise I can't see that happening. We would have to play City's system, where Mata is like Silva and we have 2 deep midfielders... But I would like to see 4-2-3-1 at one point with Modric and Mikel playing deep and Mata being the "trequartista", although who would you put on left wing.. Malouda?

The thing is we have 2 brilliant off the ball movers in Danny ad fernando so we need to figure out how we provide them service from the central area. Then again our wingers generally suck too, i don't want Modric now i would rather have a pacy winger like Marco Marin.