Juan Mata

Severinb

• 2 weeks later...

We sold him for a nice price, but if United sell him woudln't you take him if he's available for say 15 million this summer?

I mean we bought Cuadrado for 22 million, I think we can buy him back and help us out here and there like Cuadrado.

We sold him for a nice price, but if United sell him woudln't you take him if he's available for say 15 million this summer?

I mean we bought Cuadrado for 22 million, I think we can buy him back and help us out here and there like Cuadrado.

What has changed? Why would Mourinho buy back a player he sold because he had no place in his system?

Why would Mata want to come back?

I'd definitely love him back but I don't see why he'd want to come back and basically be in the same situation he's in at United. He'd be a squad player here as well.

He needs to move to another country where he'd be the main man again and an every match starter.

What has changed? Why would Mourinho buy back a player he sold because he had no place in his system?

Why would Mata want to come back?

Because he's better then Oscar.

We gamble on Oscar because he was younger.

Fine, I accept it. I always rather gamble on younger player.

But third season on a role where he does the same and goes missing in the second half of the season.

Because he's better then Oscar.

We gamble on Oscar because he was younger.

Fine, I accept it. I always rather gamble on younger player.

But third season on a role where he does the same and goes missing in the second half of the season.

Maybe we need an upgrade over Oscar (although the criticism is over the top on this board), but is Mata the answer? Willian can do a job on the 10, I'd rather we get someone genuine class like Reus to play opposite Hazard.

Mata is too slow and weak to function in a Mourinho team which is why he got sold in the first place.

wouldn't be a bad shout to bring him back here tbh, Cesc and Mata together would be amazing. Plus, workrate can be taught if we just need him to track back some, because if we were to take him unfortunately I think it would be at the expense of Oscar. Though I don't know if it would be worth the price...

Not gonna happen, anyway.

Cesc and Mata together are a disaster waiting to happen in Premier League. We'd be outplayed in the midfield every single match. Mata issues with pressure goes beyond learning workrate, he just doesn't suit this style. Oscar literally has no interference on that. Mata would be a cuadrado a Player we use at the end of some matches depending on what we needed. It actually surprises me a lot someone can even wonder a Mata Cesc partnership seriously. We'd be overran easily

Cesc and Mata together are a disaster waiting to happen in Premier League. We'd be outplayed in the midfield every single match. Mata issues with pressure goes beyond learning workrate, he just doesn't suit this style. Oscar literally has no interference on that. Mata would be a cuadrado a Player we use at the end of some matches depending on what we needed. It actually surprises me a lot someone can even wonder a Mata Cesc partnership seriously. We'd be overran easily

Haha, not what I was saying. Rather that they could interchange, since we have no similar replacement for Cesc.

Agree though.

He really should move to Spain. Villareal or Sevilla would be perfect for him.

They wouldn't be able to afford him. I think a move to Atletico or a return to Valencia are more likely destinations.

He really should move to Spain. Villareal or Sevilla would be perfect for him.

They wouldn't be able to afford him. I think a move to Atletico or a return to Valencia are more likely destinations.

Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla (and arguably Villareal) all play with intensity, pressing and tactical discipline. I don't think Mata would fit any of those teams.

Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla (and arguably Villareal) all play with intensity, pressing and tactical discipline. I don't think Mata would fit any of those teams.

Possibly not, but I was just looking at it from a financial POV.