Juan Mata

Severinb

They have strong qualities but Mata is better. I am not taking offense to it. What annoys me is when people see Mata have one bad game and conclude he is an average player when that is rubbish. United were just an utter mess last season and tbh he still added his fair share of goals and assists. Kagawa has been poor in a United t-shirt. Yes, I do believe it is ludicrous to state Kagawa is better. He was good in the Bundesliga that is it. In the Prem he has been poor. Would it not be ludicrous to say Torres is better than Costa then?

No need to be frustrated to have to compare Mata-Kagawa to Torres-Costa, now THAT is ludicrous. IMO it's not as 'simple as that' to say Mata is the better player by a clear cut. By no means is Mata an average player but I think the members here were just alluding to the fact that he is poor defensively and doesn't offer much when he's not on the ball.

Mata scored 6 goals in his united career.

So, did kagawa...

How long has Mata been there? 6 months or so? By the end of this season or even Christmas we will see whose stats look better ok? Deal? :carlo:

You can't compare Kagawa's situation to the Torres one. Kagawa was frozen out at United and never properly used and the system in United never favoured him. He never ever got an extensive run in the team or at the #10 position. IMO there's nothing wrong with anyone preferring Mata over Kagawa or vice versa. They've both been excellent when used in the right system and when they play regularly. Actually Kagawa's situation at United is quite similar to Mata's here last season, Mata was very average for us because he didn't play extensively and wasn't used correctly by Mourinho (to suit his strengths). You could say the same about Kagawa at United.

Mata isn't light years ahead of Kagawa at all, that's overrating Mata.

But there must be a reason why he does not seem to be favoured by Ferguson, Moyes and possibly LVG. Kagawa himself said he can play left or in the centre. He was given those chances. Maybe not as much but he has never impressed and I doubt he will. I just don't think he is suited to the PL. If he goes back to the less physical Bundesliga you probably will see him perform again.

How long has Mata been there? 6 months or so? By the end of this season or even Christmas we will see whose stats look better ok? Deal? :carlo:

But there must be a reason why he does not seem to be favoured by Ferguson, Moyes and possibly LVG. Kagawa himself said he can play left or in the centre. He was given those chances. Maybe not as much but he has never impressed and I doubt he will. I just don't think he is suited to the PL. If he goes back to the less physical Bundesliga you probably will see him perform again.

Fergie and Moyes never really used a pure #10 in their system anyway so it doesn't matter. About LVG, we don't know yet whether Kagawa isn't favoured or not. It's only the start of the season.

Your a utter clown if you reckon Kagawa is better than Mata. What has Kagawa done since coming to the prem? Can't believe people are making assumptions on one game. When they have their proper WB playing, RVP comes back from injury and actualy centre backs you will see a more organised team. Mata started slowly at United last season but ended well. It is just the start. They have things to work on but I think he will come good. The PL is played over 38 games, not 1. Jesus Christ. Some of the fickle opinions I see on here really pisses me of. It will take one or 2 games for people to change their minds and think he is a quality player again.

No-one is saying he isn't a quality player.

But he has glaring holes in his game (defensively and workrate-wise) which led to him being sold by us, and now United fans are starting to realise the same thing.

People need to realise that whilst he might be a magician with the ball, footballers spend most of their time out of possession and what they do then is just as important as what they do when they do have it.

how am i being racist? He clearly overrates Asian players.

"why dont you stick to your asian football you fucking clown? Every Asian player in europe isnt the second coming of christ."

For starters Korea is Korean. Korea is a small part of Asia. To insinuate that Korea is a fanboy of Asian footballers and Asian football in general is quite ignorant.

Does Korea watch the Israeli League? Does he overrate Asian players like Arda Turan and Henrik Mkhitaryan?

Why are you guys making pointless comparisons?

The 2 players' situation in EPL are so vastly different that comparing them are pointless.

Fact - both are great footballers

Fact - both are in Manchester United

Fact - LVG determines who get to play

Fact - IT IS ONLY THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON! FOR GOD SAKE! How do you know if Kagawa will not be able to earn his place in the starting line up?!

No need to be frustrated to have to compare Mata-Kagawa to Torres-Costa, now THAT is ludicrous. IMO it's not as 'simple as that' to say Mata is the better player by a clear cut. By no means is Mata an average player but I think the members here were just alluding to the fact that he is poor defensively and doesn't offer much when he's not on the ball.

No-one is saying he isn't a quality player.

But he has glaring holes in his game (defensively and workrate-wise) which led to him being sold by us, and now United fans are starting to realise the same thing.

People need to realise that whilst he might be a magician with the ball, footballers spend most of their time out of possession and what they do then is just as important as what they do when they do have it.

I am not defending Mata's flaws. But I just simply don't agree that Kagawa is better that is all. Korea has basically mocked Mata because of his performance today. They were missing tons of players and they need to integrate into the new system. Even if people don't necessarily think Mata is better than Kagawa by miles, I don't agree with anyone who can believe Kagawa is better.

I am definitely agreeing with his flaws. If you ask him to defend it limits his attacking game and he tires out. But when used effectively he is a quality player. When RVP returns and United have a more balanced team there is going to be so much different views. But it is like Jekyll and Hyde on here. We wait for one player to perform and some will salute him, stating this is what we missed etc. Then one bad game, all of a sudden: "this is why he was sold", "does not influence the game" etc....

But yes I agree with both of your comments about his defensive side but I don't agree with people making judgments after their first game of the season. First game of last season, City lost 3-2 to Cardiff and Silva was largely ineffective. But how good was he as the games went on and they won the league. It happens all over the forum. Not just the Mata thread. People make knee-jerk reactions rather than realising it is a 38 game season and we are at game 1.

"why dont you stick to your asian football you fucking clown? Every Asian player in europe isnt the second coming of christ."

For starters Korea is Korean. Korea is a small part of Asia. To insinuate that Korea is a fanboy of Asian footballers and Asian football in general is quite ignorant.

Does Korea watch the Israeli League? Does he overrate Asian players like Arda Turan and Henrik Mkhitaryan?

so @Stats, is also racist for liking my post?

so @Stats, is also racist for liking my post?

TBH. I ignored the first part of that comment as I do believe it sounded rude. I am sure you did not mean to be racist at all. Can come across as racist to others but as the mods have said don't take it any further, they are doing their jobs. But just leave it as you have been advised mate.

I liked your post because of this comment: "Not every player Asian player in Europe isn't the second coming of christ" which made me laugh and I also seem to think he overrates a lot of them. Like Ki for example :D

TBH. I ignored the first part of that comment as I do believe it sounded rude. I am sure you did not mean to be racist at all. Can come across as racist to others but as the mods have said don't take it any further, they are doing their jobs. But just leave it as you have been advised mate. I

I liked your post because of this comment: "Not every player Asian player in Europe isn't the second coming of christ" which made me laugh and I also seem to think he overrates a lot of them. Like Ki for example :D

I like how its a lot of them.

When I mentioned 2....