Juan Mata

Severinb

To be fair he scored and was involved in Hazard's goal vs Norwich. I get what you're saying though, needs to get into better positions more often.

Yep.. at the beginning of the season he got into a lot of good positions, and scored goals when our strikers and Hazard were doing nothing.

Since he doesn't create much, he has to be scoring more frequently to make up for it.

Jesus Christ come on man…….Willian will be World Class next season when we get a top class striker!!!!!!

That's me being pedantic. I thought you where better than this to assume things

I loved our little magician. :( :( :(

tumblr_m9libfwUPw1qhk6l1.gif

Still 2 goals nonetheless. We couldn't even score tap-ins to save our lives...

In general, I agree.

Compare and contrast to a player like Willian who never does anything of value inside the box and spends most of the game outside it contributing fuck all.

Willan + Oscar = 4 assists in the PL all season.

Juan Mata = 4 assists since he joined Man Utd.

Need I say anymore?

I loved our little magician. :( :( :(

tumblr_m9libfwUPw1qhk6l1.gif

We all did I suppose, he was great, but he has gone. We have to create our new magician, and come the summer we could have Hazard as the 10 plus a new winger on one side.

Let's not worry about Mata.

We all did I suppose, he was great, but he has gone. We have to create our new magician, and come the summer we could have Hazard as the 10 plus a new winger on one side.

Let's not worry about Mata.

It'd be awesome to see Hazard as the #10 but José has been saying since he took over that he sees him as a "pure winger."

In general, I agree.

Compare and contrast to a player like Willian who never does anything of value inside the box and spends most of the game outside it contributing fuck all.

Need I say anymore?

Yes you need. You need to say that the most of those 12 games he spent on the right wing with instructions to cross, cross and cross some more.

He barely played in his natural position and barely will with Rooney there which is the reason I never wanted him to go there and I want him out of there.

For those who are coming up with his winning record - guess what it has A LOT to do with the man in charge. In Man Utd as well as Chelsea.

And it has lot to do with playing in two consecutive Europe finals with small, unbalanced squad without real goalscorer.

And for those who are questioning whether we would really be better with Mata instead of Oscar.

I cannot guarantee it obviously, but I certainly can guarantee that we would be better off if Oscar spend his time scoring or creating chances instead of running and running more. No wonder he is tired.

Yes you need. You need to say that the most of those 12 games he spent on the right wing with instructions to cross, cross and cross some more.

He barely played in his natural position and barely will with Rooney there which is the reason I never wanted him to go there and I want him out of there.

For those who are coming up with his winning record - guess what it has A LOT to do with the man in charge. In Man Utd as well as Chelsea.

And it has lot to do with playing in two consecutive Europe finals with small, unbalanced squad without real goalscorer.

And for those who are questioning whether we would really be better with Mata instead of Oscar.

I cannot guarantee it obviously, but I certainly can guarantee that we would be better off if Oscar spend his time scoring or creating chances instead of running and running more. No wonder he is tired.

I don't think we are disagreeing with each other

West Ham, West Brom, Palace, Sunderland, Villa.

All matches in which we failed miserably to create chances and break down parked buses. All matches that called for a player to play the killer ball. All games in which we settled for nearly impossible shot from outside of the box time and time again because we had no clue what to do in the final third.

Mata could've been instrumental in those matches. He's a tempo setter, he's a brilliant passer, and is godlike at set pieces. All things we struggle with now.

3 off those 5 teams you mentioned have beaten Chelsea teams that had Mata in them.

Clearly I'm experiencing early onset Alzheimer's.....

When did any of those teams beat us with Mata playing?

West Brom beat us 2-1 in the 2012/2013 season, and Mata played. Di Matteo's final game in charge.

In general, I agree.

Need I say anymore?

The team is more stable and balanced without Mata.

As Willian and Oscar grow into their roles, there will be more creativity.

You can cry for Mata all you want, but he doesn't fit very well into a high pressing approach. He is not that kind of player, he is very limited as an athlete.

And don't expect to ever win the league with an unbalnced teaam. It's one of the main reasons why were out of the race by Christmass last season.

Clearly I'm experiencing early onset Alzheimer's.....

When did any of those teams beat us with Mata playing?

West Brom in both AVB and Di Matteo's last league game.

West Ham in that 3-1 in Benny's 3rd game incharge.

Villa in new years eve 2011.