Juan Mata

Severinb

he was really good and hazard is benefitting a lot as mata pulls off defenders with him. it will be interesting to watch the opposite happen after say 5-10 matches when hazard would seem to be the no.1.

That's what great in that partnership. A team can't both nullified them by putting bodies on them.

A rest will probably do him a lot of good. I think 2 weeks may not be enough. Should get at least 3 weeks where he is free to do whatever he wants. Go lay on a beach and have fun. Although I think with the likes of Hazard, Marin, Oscar etc Mata's influence will decrease. Doesn't mean he is any worse a player. In fact he will continue to improve.

That's what great in that partnership. A team can't both nullified them by putting bodies on them.

precisely. but the focus is going to shift towards hazard in some time so it will be interesting to see if he can play the 2nd fiddle as mata is doing right now. but really positivge signs from hazard, could have gone for the goal but instead passed to iva , shows real character. hope he stays the same way.

I love the way Juan co-operates with Eden. It's something Juan couldn't do last season as there was no such player. He is clearly enjoying himself and it will help him and us. And he was clearly unhappy when he was substituted. Mata-Hazard-Torres, just brilliant.

Compare his positions yestersay :

mata-1.jpg?t=1345991052

to Hazard's :

hazard-1.jpg?t=1345991123

You can see how they're trying to play with each other and interchange often.

Also, compare his positions in this fixture last season (0-2 loss in May) :

mata11-1.jpg?t=1345990966

He's now moving around a lot more and popping up all across the midfield band. He only came on in the second half in this fixture but you get the idea.

Mata roams around centrally whereas Hazard roams around everywhere.

Yeah and I like it that way. Hazard has more pace, and is more useful defensively, so I'm cool with Mata creating in the middle while Eden just FSU every where else.

Mata has always been an understated player though, even when he was our star for the 1st part of last season. There was always a understated element to his character and how he operates on the pitch, epitomises class. He was never going to be the 'poster boy' of Chelsea or the Premier League, like Hazard has the 'potential' to be.

Brilliant post. Hazard fits under the Ronaldo/Messi/Zlatan category of being the poster-boy icon, because that reflects his talent and personality. Juan is an introverted character off the field.

After he gets a well deserved rest I expect him to show much better performances that what we've seen so far. He will have less pressure on him, our team will depend less on him and our players will get more used to the kind of football we are trying to play.