Juan Mata

Severinb

Well, we needed to replace 20-goals-a-season Frank Lampard, didn't we?

We've done that. He can easily pass 25 before the end of the season.

Could easily get 25 assists as well. Easily the best player in the league, atm. Thank you AVB!

Yes, I do. You can say all you want about his managerial skills, but AVB is a world class scout.

So are our world class scouts. The role AVB would have played in that transfer was minimal.

Thanking that cunt for anything that happened during his time in charge is laughable.

So are our world class scouts. The role AVB would have played in that transfer was minimal.

Thanking that cunt for anything that happened during his time in charge is laughable.

I think it's even more laughable for people like you to be clouded by the hatred on AVB and not to give him a bit of credit for some of the good things he contributed when managing us, despite his big failure ultimately.

You don't know that. We were not linked with Juan before AVB came. Same with Oriol; in fact, AVB wanted Oriol at Porto before he moved here.

I'm glad you're amused. I don't want to go into the circumstances that the club was in last season now and certainly not here, but I supported Andre and thought his dismissal was a huge mistake and still do.

You don't know that. We were not linked with Juan before AVB came. Same with Oriol; in fact, AVB wanted Oriol at Porto before he moved here.

I'm glad you're amused. I don't want to go into the circumstances that the club was in last season now and certainly not here, but I supported Andre and thought his dismissal was a huge mistake and still do.

Because winning the Champions League and FA Cup weren't fun?

The guy fucked up at ever possible level. He robbed a year from players like McEachran by keeping them around and then not using them, he insulted the reserves and he left us on the verge of an exit to Napoli after he played Jose Bosingwa at left back.

THEN he had the nerve to suggest he was in some way responsible for our CL success. The guy's a cunt.

I think it's even more laughable for people like you to be clouded by the hatred on AVB and not to give him a bit of credit for some of the good things he contributed when managing us, despite his big failure ultimately.

I think it's laughable to say 'Thanks AVB' when anyone with even the slightest knowledge of our club knows how transfers are conducted. We scouted Mata along with a number of other clubs before AVB. If you're going to thank him, thank everyone else who had a role in us signing him.

Because winning the Champions League and FA Cup weren't fun? The guy fucked up at ever possible level. He robbed a year from players like McEachran by keeping them around and then not using them, he insulted the reserves and he left us on the verge of an exit to Napoli after he played Jose Bosingwa at left back. THEN he had the nerve to suggest he was in some way responsible for our CL success. The guy's a cunt.

Like I said I don't want to get into it.

Get back on topic, please.

I am not really sure why people hate avb, he was hired to bring expansive football to chelsea and it was clearly did not work with our squad last year. Last time I checked, we are out from UCL group stage this season under RDM with far better squad than last season

I am not really sure why people hate avb, he was hired to bring expansive football to chelsea and it was clearly did not work with our squad last year. Last time I checked, we are out from UCL group stage this season under RDM with far better squad than last season

Because he was a joke who indulged in petty squabbles with senior playing, coaching and office staff whilst holding back the development of youngsters like Lukaku and McEachran and proceeding to try and take some of the credit for our Champions League win despite us being on the brink of exiting it.

Great at tactical analysis but bad at interacting with human beings.

Wow, I genuinely thought I was the only person on here who supported him the whole way through and still think it was a mistake to sack him to this day.

We're so lucky. The best player in the league for me and a pleasure to watch. You can bully him physically, but later on he'll find a way to humiliate you. His importance for the team cannot be highlighted enough and after every game I'm convinced of that.