Juan Mata

Severinb

Silva is incredibly hot and cold. When he plays well the team is twice as good but when it's his off day, he makes it hard.

I suppose after halfway through last season he struggled but he was overplayed. When hes on his day hes brilliant.

Chelsea are set to offer Juan Mata a new ­contract that will keep him at Stamford Bridge for the next five years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/juan-mata-new-contract-chelsea-1502569

:getin:

That is rather fast to improve his contract having just joined us last season. Nonetheless, it's a deserved one I guess!

His wages do not reflect his importance to the team, so i expect that to be increased.

Maybe he's just playing well looking to get his wages increased and then go play like crap after that. :Goober:

His weekly blog:

It feels so good to write about today’s victory and the one in Leeds! After our dissapointment in Japan there was no choice but to stand up and carry on, and so we did with 13 goals in two games. Now we face Christmas time with confidence and willing to keep adding points… Today’s match against Aston Villa was special because of the 8 goals we scored and because it was Lampard’s 500th Premier League start. Getting to that mark is amazing, something that only a chosen few like Frank can afford. I’m very happy for him, he is a leading example in everything he does and I’m sure he will increase that number with many more games! Besides, many different players were able to score, so everybody is happy before Christmas Eve’s dinner
As you know, there is no Christmas break in English football; actually this is the busiest period of the year for us. By way of example we will go to Norwich on Tuesday to play there on the 26th, Boxing Day. It’s nice to play on that date: kids are on holidays and they take the chance to go to the stadiums everywhere. The festive season is in the air and there is a nice atmosphere. I hope we can get the three points against the ‘Canaries’ as a present.
In Spain, on the contrary, la Liga has already stopped until next year, with Barcelona on top and an important gap between them and their rivals… Talking about Barcelona, I send all my support from here to Tito Vilanova and his family in these delicate moments for him. We are all by your side. Another team that closes a memorable 2012 with a victory is Atlético de Madrid. I’m sure their fans will always remember this year. Thanks to that 1-0 against Celta they settle in the second place of the table. I’m sure Adrián will have good holidays in Asturias following his superb goal… Futher South, Málaga also closes a great year beating Real Madrid. A good way for Isco to celebrate his well-deserved Golden Boy award (he is so talented!). Same thing in Valencia: they played a great match against Getafe and I’m sure the ‘turrón’ will taste better now. I’m happy for that
Part of my family from Spain is here with me during these holidays. I love they are here and I love they can enjoy London in Christmas… Especially my little cousins. They are having a lot of fun walking the streets full of lights. They told me they want to do thousands of things and one of them is getting on the London Eye… They can’t be left wanting!
I recommend the views you get from the big wheel, you can see part of the city. My cousins also love animals, and we’ve been to the Natural History Museum and the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition in one of the museum’s galleries. If you like photography and nature, I fully recommend the visit… We really loved it!
Wishing you happy holidays I say goodbye until next week… Enjoy! Merry Christmas to all!
Juan
PS: This last week, as we do every year, we visited the kids that are unfortunately spending Christmas in hospital, and we gave them some presents. I would like to send a big hug to them and to all those people that are in hospitals for whatever reason (in Christmas or any other time of the year). Keep your spirits up.
So nice of him to mentions Lampard's achievement :)