Juan Mata

Severinb

If he can play in the Fabregas style role it might be worth seriously considering bringing him back here as rotation for Cesc, the backup creativity, and could give Eden a rest too as he could replicate a similar style, but with Cuadrado and Willian on each wing.

Plus I just like the guy, and I reckon we could get him for a steal from United.

If he can play in the Fabregas style role it might be worth seriously considering bringing him back here as rotation for Cesc, the backup creativity, and could give Eden a rest too as he could replicate a similar style, but with Cuadrado and Willian on each wing.

Plus I just like the guy, and I reckon we could get him for a steal from United.

Come on now. Mata is a great player in the final third but largely useless anywhere else on the pitch. I loved him, still do but he's not the type of player we need right now.

If we get him back, it should be to replace oscar during the second half of every season.

Come on now. Mata is a great player in the final third but largely useless anywhere else on the pitch. I loved him, still do but he's not the type of player we need right now.

Fabregas can't defed for shit either, though... if he could replicate the No 8 role, he could be an ideal sub for him. Don't forget he had amazing vision with all of those assists. Mou by the sound of it doesn't like him, though. It's a shame.

Fabregas can't defed for shit either, though... if he could replicate the No 8 role, he could be an ideal sub for him. Don't forget he had amazing vision with all of those assists. Mou by the sound of it doesn't like him, though. It's a shame.

Fabregas isn't a world class defender by no means but he understands where he needs to be. He's also got 2.7 tackles a game, can you see Mata coming anywhere near that number?

You guys only look at one aspect of the game, I grew up a disciple of Dutch football so I'm and advocate for total football. Jose clearly is too and while Cesc isn't the best defender he does get himself dirty from time to time, Mata isn't that type of player at all.

Atleti have always been his fans. Expecting him to go there for 15-20-25 million, depending on who they part with(if any). Him, Griezmann, Arda, Koke, pretty nice midfield.

What? Mata is about as far away from a 'Simeone player' as you will get. Atletico are all about intensity, tactical discipline and workrate. Mata would definitely not suit them. Valencia have now got a lot of money coming in and he might return there but whenever I watch them their style seems to be based on intensity too. As much as I like the guy Mata is just too limited tactically.

What? Mata is about as far away from a 'Simeone player' as you will get. Atletico are all about intensity, tactical discipline and workrate. Mata would definitely not suit them. Valencia have now got a lot of money coming in and he might return there but whenever I watch them their style seems to be based on intensity too. As much as I like the guy Mata is just too limited tactically.

Think the more accurate description for Mata is that he's limited when it comes to physical attributes. Tactically he's decent and can improve (he's an intelligent player after all) but without the necessary stamina, pace, strength etc, he's never going to really thrive in systems that Mourinho, Simeone etc deploy.

This thread is crazy...

Put mata in Cesc's position? It's one thing if your lampard that can somewhat tackle and has at least good size and cesc, but mata doesn't have size or any ability to tackle...

Mata hasn't started for United in the past 6 or so games and people think he would start on Chelsea???

This thread is crazy...

Put mata in Cesc's position? It's one thing if your lampard that can somewhat tackle and has at least good size and cesc, but mata doesn't have size or any ability to tackle...

Mata hasn't started for United in the past 6 or so games and people think he would start on Chelsea???

No, lol, I was thinking about a false 3 man 4-3-3 pivot but now I think about it having him would allow us to play 2 DMs in the pivot and then he wouldn't need to track back so much.

plus I feel bad for him with the situation he's in :(

why on earth would anyone want Mata back??? he simply isnt good enough! bang average player who had a few good seasons in a weak Chelsea team that was built around him, if he came back he would be like Salah and warm the bench! the guy is not a Mourinho player, our players have more fight in their little fingers then Mata does in his whole body, he should go and play for someone like Spuds, Southampton or Everton a team that is willing to build their team around him.