Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Its funny that there were some smart asses who blamed Lukaku for everything and praised Origi.

But what is even funnier now is that after Lukaku scored winner and put them doubters here wrong, they still want to hide it with fact that Origi was "better" in game, the same game where Lukaku scored winner and assisted the other. Origi is not even our player while Lukaku is and yet they are protecting Origi. Seriously no disrepect to anyone directly, but if you cant support our players in best and worst (including Oscar and others), you can simply fuck off.

I am sick of listening "football experts" who watch game and jerk on Origi, James, Sanchez,...while completely trashing Oscar, Lukaku, Costa,...and change opinion after every game...chelsea fans my ass.

To a degree you are right but I do not think anyone was downplaying his impact on the game I think what is being said and I may be wrong is he did well with the minutes he was given but against a back line that was on his last legs.. Take nothing from Romelu cause he can only play who is in front of him but having Mertens Hazard Origi De Bruyne and Mirallas running at USA back 4 for 90 mins made it a lot easier for Romelu to come in and be as explosive as he was..

IMHO he is still not ready to lead the line but will be deadly if he can accept a role as second striker/ super sub because if today is any indication he would reak havoc on any team in Europe .. Just need him to keep his head down and keep working and let his performances speak for themselves

When benteke comes back from injury, does Lukaku have a place on the squad now?

Lukaku proven tonight and many other times that he is immense as a super-sub. A fresh Lukaku's speed and strength is devastating against tired defenders. Best use for Lukaku for country and club is a super-sub.

Yup, but that wasnt my point realy. Even I saw Origi did better in first three games, and Lukaku underperformed. Its normal to be critical even to your own players. However I dislike the attitude and constant bashing and complete lack of thrust of certain posters on our players. Constant talk he is shit he should be sold, everyone is better etc after 2/3 games they saw. That annoys me. They have no patience and belief in our own players and they call themselves Chelsea fans.

This is now footballing culture "what have you done for me lately" unfortunately with the amount of talented players and the internet everyone becomes a WC scout knowing what players will fit team chemistry and tactics.. Its best to just let it go I found

Which is not enough in my eyes. If one of the two is injured, you can't sub your striker...

I agree but Willmots counts Mirallas as a make shift striker. In fact the game against Korea was where Mirallas was played. Many Belgians who I know were surprised that Batshuayi was not in the squad but I guess for Wilmotts having Lukaku and Origi and Mirallas as strikers are fine. Will be interesting to see what he does in the future when all strikers are fit.

I agree but Willmots counts Mirallas as a make shift striker. In fact the game against Korea was where Mirallas was played. Many Belgians who I know were surprised that Batshuayi was not in the squad but I guess for Wilmotts having Lukaku and Origi and Mirallas as strikers are fine. Will be interesting to see what he does in the future when all strikers are fit.

Muh, Mirallas will always be a sub at most. He's good, but there are better players on every position suitable for him, be it as a winger or a striker.

It was a brilliant finish from Lukaku. And that is all that really matters as a striker. Origi had two much easier chances in the game and he hit both of them straight at Howard whereas Lukaku found a goal in an impossible space. Origi is a very good player obviously but it doesn't seem like he can finish.

Origi is a far better footballer but Lukaku is a better goalscorer. I think just about every football fan knows this, that's not why we don't rate him though.

Origi has Henry/Anelka-potential. Just needs to work on his finishing.

:lol:

hahahhahahhahahha... oh god... some of the osters on here!!!

hahahaahahahahah oh god....some of the posters on here...come against a dead tired team usa all in going in attack, Lukaku is so good!!111

Its funny that there were some smart asses who blamed Lukaku for everything and praised Origi.

But what is even funnier now is that after Lukaku scored winner and put them doubters here wrong, they still want to hide it with fact that Origi was "better" in game, the same game where Lukaku scored winner and assisted the other. Origi is not even our player while Lukaku is and yet they are protecting Origi. Seriously no disrepect to anyone directly, but if you cant support our players in best and worst (including Oscar and others), you can simply fuck off.

I am sick of listening "football experts" who watch game and jerk on Origi, James, Sanchez,...while completely trashing Oscar, Lukaku, Costa,...and change opinion after every game...chelsea fans my ass.

Origi was much better than Lukaku, only a nuthugger would say otherwise.

hahahaahahahahah oh god....some of the posters on here...come against a dead tired team usa all in going in attack, Lukaku is so good!!111

cos every subbed in striker own a defense again and again and again, right? i mean has there ever been a game where a striker does not grind them to pulp after being subbed. hmmm... interesting...

ohh i forgot who i was talking to, a torres fan. :lol:

I think ppl bashing him too much because his skill isnt as big as his mouth. If he stay low and acts like schuerrle most people will support him even he played like a shit. But no, this guy wants the world ack him as fast as possible, there isnt word patience in his dictionary. And how many times he wants to leave Chelsea? If Everton get Champions spot he said he will move for them. And after the inquiry of Diego Costa, he said it again. Did he seriously think he's better than Costa?

Young players need to understand that they're young. So if they play like shit people still rate him because of his age. But If they want to be treated like adults, they have to pay the price, which is a lot of bashing and criticizing will be upon them every time they play like shit

How about Kevin De Bruyne people?!

9.9 rating (whoscored.com)

created the most chances (10) a single player has EVER created in a WC game

goal and assist

Always said he'd prove Mourinho wrong, just didn't think he'd do it with such a bloody passion! :)

I'll keep on repeating it: neglecting KDB and letting him go is the biggest disgrace in Mourinho's career, not only talking about his Chelsea term.

How about Kevin De Bruyne people?!

9.9 rating (whoscored.com)

created the most chances (10) a single player has EVER created in a WC game

goal and assist

Always said he'd prove Mourinho wrong, just didn't think he'd do it with such a bloody passion! :)

I'll keep on repeating it: neglecting KDB and letting him go is the biggest disgrace in Mourinho's career, not only talking about his Chelsea term.

Yep big misstake to let him go. He is, in my opinion, better than Oscar.