Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I do have hopes for Romelu, but let's be honest with our selves, the reason he is scoring atm is mainly due to his physical attributes and not his footballing abilities. And while there is nothing wrong with that ( a goal is a goal regardless of how it's scored) unless he improves his footballing abilities A LOT he won't improve enough as a striker because physicality alone won't get a you a role at Chelsea.

Yes, I also think most of his flaws come from the lack of natural skills and they are almost impossible to be taught.

I do have hopes for Romelu, but let's be honest with our selves, the reason he is scoring atm is mainly due to his physical attributes and not his footballing abilities. And while there is nothing wrong with that ( a goal is a goal regardless of how it's scored) unless he improves his footballing abilities A LOT he won't improve enough as a striker because physicality alone won't get a you a role at Chelsea.

Goals are goals, he's getting into the right positions, did you see Peter Crouch or Kenwyn Jones do that at 19?, and they were still massive lads then.

He actually has a decent technical abillity, when I've watched him he can cross, take players on and pass a ball. Even if he's not a starter he will be a good rotational player, we need those strikers to bring on when we need a goal, United and City all have these options, they win a lot of games by them.

That's not panicking my friend , since the start of our negotiations with Lukaku it was pretty obvious that the lad's set of skills and footballing abilities are very limited , he is physically unbelievable for a 19 yrs old kid but the football talent is not there , I never wanted us to proceed with this signing and I am really surprised the club didn't notice how limited the guy is !

At his best , he will be a Keweyne Jones or If we are really really lucky he may be as good as Adebayor but he will never be as good as players mentioned above like Drogba , Aguero , Van persie , he is just not gifted with the enough skills.

If he becomes anywhere near that good, we should keep him. Adebayor's shortcomings have more to do with his attitude than his lack of ability. On his day he can be deadly.

Nice statement for MOTM I must say. Why on earth would my Ego be hurt?I'm not Lukaku. And not sensible enough to have a civilized discussion?

This is what bothers me, have I said you are the specific person I was talking to? If you are not one who got hurt, then just dont quote me!

Again, what does MOTM has to do with anything?

By the way, the difference between you and I is that I am not trying to convince anyone, I just posted one single opinion (that he is not tecnically gifted enough for us to pay 18million and that he will never be a top5 striker) and tried to back it up. I can do a complete article on why he isnt talented enough (no I havent watched as half as many games as you did, but talent is spontaneous, a few minutes is enough): passing, dribling, first touch, positioning, awareness, ball control, defensive work, etc.

It makes me wonder why I a see so many Belgians only posting on their own player`s thread (not targeted at you)...

Goals are goals, he's getting into the right positions, did you see Peter Crouch or Kenwyn Jones do that at 19?, and they were still massive lads then.

He actually has a decent technical abillity, when I've watched him he can cross, take players on and pass a ball. Even if he's not a starter he will be a good rotational player, we need those strikers to bring on when we need a goal, United and City all have these options, they win a lot of games by them.

Like I said, I do have hopes for Romelu, but at the time he is only good enough to be a sub at a club like West Brom, not Chelsea. My fear for him is that, despite getting some good experience that would definitely help him, I don't think he is improving his footballing abilities enough at the moment. Since he came here, his awful first touch is, well, still awful and his defensive work rate is still negligible. If he doesn't start working on those two things among other attributes, I fear his time at Chelsea will be very short.

This is what bothers me, have I said you are the specific person I was talking to? If you are not one who got hurt, then just dont quote me!

By the way,t he difference between me and you is that I am not trying to convince anyone, I just posted one single opinion (that he is not tecnically gifted enough for us to pay 18million and that he will never be a top5 striker) and tried to back it up. I can do a complete article on why he isnt talented enough (no I havent watched as half as many games as you did, but talent is spontaneous, a few minutes is enough): passing, first touch, positioning, awareness, ball control, etc.

I makes me wonder why I a see so many Belgians only posting on their own player`s thread (not targeted at you)...

Fine by me... I have respect for your opinion, it's just not mine.

If you would like to write of Lukaku by seeing 5 minutes of his games, fair deal! But you do realize that you smack half of european top scouts in the face with a wet towel by saying this :).

No problem for me... everyone has the right to have their own opinion!

The reason why I (I don't feel targeted, but in my specific case) am not posting in a lot of threads is because I don't think that after following Chelsea for 2 years I have clear views about all our players. The belgians I've been knowing forever so I guess my opinion in these topics is well worth something! Also I just noticed that I have half or your reputation with 7 times less posts than you... I don't want to attack you at all but just to say that I guess that not all of my posts here are b*llshit :).

Cheers!

Fine by me... I have respect for your opinion, it's just not mine.

If you would like to write of Lukaku by seeing 5 minutes of his games, fair deal! But you do realize that you smack half of european top scouts in the face with a wet towel by saying this :).

No problem for me... everyone has the right to have their own opinion!

The reason why I (I don't feel targeted, but in my specific case) am not posting in a lot of threads is because I don't think that after following Chelsea for 2 years I have clear views about all our players. The belgians I've been knowing forever so I guess my opinion in these topics is well worth something!

Cheers!

Yes!

Still didnt explain what MOTM has anything to do with and what European Scouts you are talking about...

By the way, the difference between you and I is that I am not trying to convince anyone, I just posted one single opinion (that he is not tecnically gifted enough for us to pay 18million and that he will never be a top5 striker) and tried to back it up. I can do a complete article on why he isnt talented enough (no I havent watched as half as many games as you did, but talent is spontaneous, a few minutes is enough): passing, dribling, first touch, positioning, awareness, ball control, defensive work, etc.

It makes me wonder why I a see so many Belgians only posting on their own player`s thread (not targeted at you)...

I normally agree with you - but think you're being way too critical on this guy!

He can pass - check out his assist at WBA - if that was Hazard or Mata everybody would be like Wow!

He's scoring regularly in the EPL - no mean feat!!!

He's strong and quicker than he looks - I'd say currently he's better than Benteke

Will he be the Ultimate CFC player, nobody knows, but he is no more 'raw' now than when Drog turned up, so lets not be too quick to write him off just yet :)

Yes!

Still didnt explain what MOTM has to do with anything and what European Scouts you are talking about...

I just think the remark you made about Lukaku is rather bold to say...

I didn't expect such comments from a motm. But like we said... everyone is free to have their own opinion!

The european scouts I'm talking about are all these guys who were fighting for Lukaku's signature when he left Anderlecht (Milan, Juventus, PSG, Ajax, PSV, Dortmund, Real Madrid, ...)

Let's just wait and see how Romelu responds to our difference in opinion in a year or 2-3 :)

I'm looking forward to Lukaku proving many on this thread wrong in a few years. I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that he virtually had no match play at all last season. He's basically had a year long lay off with no real game situations, things like first touch are bound to look awful (Even Oscar's first touch looks rubbish for us), Drogba first touch was terrible when he first came to us. If you watch his interviews you can see the determination on his face, he's not going to give up without a fight. I've watched quite a few West Brom games and his play is slightly improving game by game and he's starting to show more flair (A lot of stepovers are starting to emerge haha). He's also learning to run the channels too, he's taking up positions on the wings and whipping in top quality crosses quite frequently. How many Strikers have there even been in the Prem at his age with his current strike rate? Give him time and games to develop and he's going to be the real deal, has all the attributes

I normally agree with you - but think you're being way too critical on this guy!

He can pass - check out his assist at WBA - if that was Hazard or Mata everybody would be like Wow!

He's scoring regularly in the EPL - no mean feat!!!

He's strong and quicker than he looks - I'd say currently he's better than Benteke

Will he be the Ultimate CFC player, nobody knows, but he is no more 'raw' now than when Drog turned up, so lets not be too quick to write him off just yet :)

The reason I am not being too critical (imo) is because I am comparing him with the clubs expectations. We payed more for an 18 year old than Arsenal payed for Carzola (a great player in his prime). Tell me CFCs expectations arent the highest possible and if he only becomes a squad player they will be happy, that I change mine as well.

I have said this a million times already, I think he is and will be good, just not world class!

I am fine with many members having a completely different opinion, but what really pissed me off was some posts that were complete overreactions with attack towards my opinion.

When I wrote this: "I wont argue with some Belgians that just got their egos hurt and arent sensible enough to have a civilized discussion (the ones who I am talking to know who they are). Comeback 5 years from now and be man enough to appologise if I am right, I will do the same..." (that was only targeted to two Belgian members), I received some nonsense posts about me being MOTM...

The reason I am not being too critical (imo) is because I am comparing him with the clubs expectations. We payed more for an 18 year old than Arsenal payed for Carzola (a great player in his prime). Tell me CFCs expectations arent the highest possible and if he only becomes a squad player they will be happy, that I change mine as well.

I have said this a million times already, I think he is and will be good, just not world class!

I am fine with many members having a completely different opinion, but what really pissed me off was some posts that were complete overreactions with attack towards my opinion.

When I wrote this: "I wont argue with some Belgians that just got their egos hurt and arent sensible enough to have a civilized discussion (the ones who I am talking to know who they are). Comeback 5 years from now and be man enough to appologise if I am right, I will do the same..." (that was only targeted to two Belgian members), I received some nonsense posts about me being MOTM...

I think 12 million initial payment was OK for a young potential - same as Arsenal paid for Walcott IIRC.

I think if he didnt make it we could recoup the potential 18 mill - so not a huge gamble ;)

Certainly not a 50 million one :P

Dunno what the MOTM stuff is about either???

I agree, i don't mind you having a different opinion at all, if you think Lukaku wont be good enough then okay. There's no valid facts prove you wrong is there at the moment, because he's only been at West Brom for 6 months, and that's out of two seasons so we can judge after that.

But what i agree with is the attacking does need to stop, i don't know where you've been attacked as i've only read about 5 percent of the last two pages, but when i was making my points on Hazard and Mikel i was getting attacked all the time. Even some members where making fun of me for being homeless at the time and then assuming i was an attention seeker and all sorts.

I think we should all accept and respect other opinions regardless how much you disagree with each other, personal insults aren't necessary, especially when you're a sound poster such as yourself who hasn't done anything.

I think 12 million initial payment was OK for a young potential - same as Arsenal paid for Walcott IIRC.

I think if he didnt make it we could recoup the potential 18 mill - so not a huge gamble ;)

Certainly not a 50 million one :P

Dunno what the MOTM stuff is about either???

I agree, i don't mind you having a different opinion at all, if you think Lukaku wont be good enough then okay. There's no valid facts prove you wrong is there at the moment, because he's only been at West Brom for 6 months, and that's out of two seasons so we can judge after that.

But what i agree with is the attacking does need to stop, i don't know where you've been attacked as i've only read about 5 percent of the last two pages, but when i was making my points on Hazard and Mikel i was getting attacked all the time. Even some members where making fun of me for being homeless at the time and then assuming i was an attention seeker and all sorts.

I think we should all accept and respect other opinions regardless how much you disagree with each other, personal insults aren't necessary, especially when you're a sound poster such as yourself who hasn't done anything.

I agree with both of you!

I think people got too sensitive about the "Belgian Ego" part, but that was only an ironic response to two members (not all, TWO). Some just repplied saying they didnt expected such a comment from the MOTM, but they didnt get that it wasnt directed to them. Also, having a title does not mean I need to have a different reaction than I would normally have. I more than agree I cant be disrespectful or xenophobic, but that aint because I am MOTM, it is because it is wrong and I would never do it.

We definetly need more respect, although TC is one of the nicest and most respectful forums out there.