Chelsea to write a complaint to Malaysian FA for "racist behaviour" on Benayoun

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question maybe, but is Benayoun the only jewish player of the team ? He was the only one absent during Yom Kippour wasn't he ?

The statement reads:

The club did not make repesentations at the time as it was initially unclear as to the nature of the abuse Yossi received, as several players from both teams experienced similar treatment, sometimes louder and longer. However, having taken time to consider the issue fully, it has become apparent that a formal complaint was necessary.

Banning United shirts is something I can agree with, but racism is simply the product of narrow-minded conservatives afraid of where liberalism will take them.

To be fair it isnt racism from where the Malaysians are coming from -its the oppression of the Palestinians by Israel thats sticks in their claw.

Baddiel should have steamed into them if he had any balls :whistling:

Israeli playing in a Muslim country. What else do you expect? He should be glad they even granted him visa

doesn´t make it any better.

i am surprised that the club waited so long in defending their player. but i am glad that they did it at last.

@FulhamBroadway: I think you are seeing things a little black/white here. I don´t want to get into the whole history of the middle east conflict here (not enough space and time) but why should malaysians worry about israel and the palestines. they have nothing to do with that whole story. and i think it is also dangerous of talking about "israel sticking claws". it is not that easy.

are you sort of defending the fans of booing Yossi ? it is a racist act by them, simple as that. can´t be justified.

@FulhamBroadway: I think you are seeing things a little black/white here. I don´t want to get into the whole history of the middle east conflict here (not enough space and time) but why should malaysians worry about israel and the palestines. they have nothing to do with that whole story. and i think it is also dangerous of talking about "israel sticking claws". it is not that easy.

are you sort of defending the fans of booing Yossi ? it is a racist act by them, simple as that. can´t be justified.

You can go to anywhere in the world and talk to Muslims and they will all say the same thing about Israel -how they took the Palestinians land, have slaughtered them, and make them live in poverty. It is not racism, they are anti Zionist. Big difference. it would get the same reaction in Pakistan, Egypt, Saudi, any Muslim country. Anyway as you say lets not go down the history of the Middle East road :smiliecap1:.

The club if they had an ounce of sense knew that playing an Israeli would get that response -but they chose to go for cash instead