Cheick Ismael Tioté

Melanicus

Ah... If I didn't develop the point about Mikel any further that was because it wasn't really the topic of our talk. But well, whatever.

Let's agree with something, when I talk about skill, it is his raw skills, not what he does of them on the pitch.

Yes Mikel has skills. He has a very good passing game, most of his passes are completed, he has a good long range pass. His stats prove this (whatever if it's side passes or stuff). Then, he has intelligence when he plays passes. For instance, he doesn't put the same power in the ball when he does a long pass to Cole or to Ferreira. He also has a good control of the ball, when the ball arrives to his feet, it stays at his feet. He isn't the best dribbler out there, but he knows how to dribble and beat a man. Finally, he has a good flair when it comes to make interception.

Spot on. That's why I believe he's more than capable of being our pirlo, a deep lying playmaker, if given the freedom

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Best defensive midfielder in the premier league for me, also a big game player, fast, strong, and great tackler, he works his ass off, amazingly underrated. I think we need to buy this player, and he wont cost loads either, he would be brilliant for the midfield.

Though his weakness for me is on the ball, hes got much better at shielding the ball and barely ever gets it took off him, last season he used to get the ball taken off him a lot, and his passing last season was average, now it's got a lot better, played a great pass to Ba earlier on in the season, would love this guy at our club, brilliant player.

Best defensive midfielder in the premier league for me, also a big game player, fast, strong, and great tackler, he works his ass off, amazingly underrated. I think we need to buy this player, and he wont cost loads either, he would be brilliant for the midfield.

Though his weakness for me is on the ball, hes got much better at shielding the ball and barely ever gets it took off him, last season he used to get the ball taken off him a lot, and his passing last season was average, now it's got a lot better, played a great pass to Ba earlier on in the season, would love this guy at our club, brilliant player.

Better than Toure?/// :ph34r:

Better than Toure?/// :ph34r:

Toure isn't a full DM, That's what the likes of Nigel De Jong and Gareth Barry are for, Toure is drive in the midfield but he doesn't sit deep enough and he goes forward a lot, he has more freedom him and Silva seem to switch places a lot too. I'm talking about a defensive midfielder like in Romeu's type, you wont get better than Tiote in my opinion, probably Lucas for Liverpool is 2nd best but Tiote for me is quality. He saves so much trouble for the back 4.

Romeu,Mikel we still need one more?

First of all Mikel needs to go, he's too slow, can't break up play, loves making mistakes, slows down our play, he will never adapt to AVB's way of playing.

Romeu, great player but we can't rely on him, we need another DM too, Mikel isn't good for backup or rotation because he just shouldn't play for us anymore, plus Romeu will probably be going back to Barca in 2 year time so like i said we can't rely on him and that's a main reason.

First of all Mikel needs to go, he's too slow, can't break up play, loves making mistakes, slows down our play, he will never adapt to AVB's way of playing.

Romeu, great player but we can't rely on him, we need another DM too, Mikel isn't good for backup or rotation because he just shouldn't play for us anymore, plus Romeu will probably be going back to Barca in 2 year time so like i said we can't rely on him and that's a main reason.

One or two seasons ago everyone was jiizing all over Mikel since he was the ONLY player that performed.How people just change their opinions over quality players in matter of months is insanity.

For the record, I've never liked Mikel. But I appreciate his under-rated importance in certain games, like in matches where we have less possession, ie. against Barcelona, Man United etc. Even so, he's shown no considerable improvement in the best part of seven years, and its time for him, like Kalouda, to fuck off.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're harsh, who could imagine the crazy tackler who got sent off everytime against Manure could become one of the best young DM in Europe ?

One of the main problems of Chelsea this term is that we hadn't any holdong midfielder so then Meireles and Ramires had to complete a far wider role than the seasons before when Mikel was covering and winning aerial challenges, tackled with success...

This season we saw clearly in pre-season that AVB wanted to change his play and asked him to get forward more often. I think it was the main mistake of AVB during his spell. He wanted to change all, and also the piece who allowed players around to have more freedon on the pitch.

He got injured and had personnal issues so it wasn't an easy season.

But to be honest I find the wankfest on Romeu even more insane than the bashing of Mikel. Some were over the moon when they saw Romeu stayed in front of the defense when full backs got in front. I read things I find inaproporiate, by example congratulating Romeu for doing things Mikel does far better for 3 seasons now...

Coping with pressing: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Winning aerial challenges: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Being solid instead of wanting to play as in La Liga to intercept every tramsission: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Keeping the ball under pressure among the ones who does it the best in Europe: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Guarantee a proper build up play instead of trying to create from the deep: Mikel can, Romeu can't

To add my contribution to the subject because it's what matters, considering Tioté's form last season I'm disappointed this season. His role is also not the same, he makes more mistakes and loses the ball more often

Last season I was impressed by his tackling abilities and his passing, his crosses, his runs forward. To be honest sometimes I had the feeling to see the great Essien playing...

I love Tiote, he is amazing, also i agree Lucas is probably second best and would be nice to see them for Chelsea. Sell Mikel, buy these 2 for pennies on the dollars. Well for u europeans, small euros lol

I think you're harsh, who could imagine the crazy tackler who got sent off everytime against Manure could become one of the best young DM in Europe ?

One of the main problems of Chelsea this term is that we hadn't any holdong midfielder so then Meireles and Ramires had to complete a far wider role than the seasons before when Mikel was covering and winning aerial challenges, tackled with success...

This season we saw clearly in pre-season that AVB wanted to change his play and asked him to get forward more often. I think it was the main mistake of AVB during his spell. He wanted to change all, and also the piece who allowed players around to have more freedon on the pitch.

He got injured and had personnal issues so it wasn't an easy season.

But to be honest I find the wankfest on Romeu even more insane than the bashing of Mikel. Some were over the moon when they saw Romeu stayed in front of the defense when full backs got in front. I read things I find inaproporiate, by example congratulating Romeu for doing things Mikel does far better for 3 seasons now...

Coping with pressing: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Winning aerial challenges: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Being solid instead of wanting to play as in La Liga to intercept every tramsission: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Keeping the ball under pressure among the ones who does it the best in Europe: Mikel can, Romeu can't

Guarantee a proper build up play instead of trying to create from the deep: Mikel can, Romeu can't

To add my contribution to the subject because it's what matters, considering Tioté's form last season I'm disappointed this season. His role is also not the same, he makes more mistakes and loses the ball more often

Last season I was impressed by his tackling abilities and his passing, his crosses, his runs forward. To be honest sometimes I had the feeling to see the great Essien playing...

You're dissapointed with Tiote this season?, have you even been watching him this season?, in my honest opinion he was the reason Newcastle won all there first games because he dominates midfield, quality player and quality tackler, he gets about all over and he's a big game player, never seen him under perform once in a big game. I watch this player a lot because i like him, when he got injured and went to the African Cup Of Nations Newcastle started losing, they've only lost one game with Tiote and that was at Anfield and he had one hell of a game then, and plus since when do Newcastle ever not lose at Anfield?.

Mike Ashley is a greedy twat, and will listen to any offers, Tiote is worth 10 million for me, i'm sure Ashley would bite your hand off for 10 million. Definitely worth buying, get rid of the likes of Mikel, Mikel is too slow, can't break up play, never tracks back, he is not the DM that can ever fit in our system, it's pointless having him here.

Mikel will never flourish his only talent is passing in my opinion, and you can't just have that, Mikel is good on the ball, but off the ball he is average and i don't think he will ever be cut out for this team or league if i'm prefectly honest, better to sell him now where we can get more money instead of just leaving him on our bench for another few years.

Oh and by the way, Tiote has had two games against United, two times voted man of the match.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You