Cheick Ismael Tioté

Melanicus

So your saying Essien isnt a footballer and doesnt have any skills. This is just embarrassing.

Whats even more funny is that you probably think Mikel is a footballer with skills and stuff. And when someone would say about Mikel something like what you

said about Essien, the whole forum would freak out. This forum is a MESS somtimes.

It's a valid opinion.

I mean why do we really need another DM? Mikel, McEachran, maybe Luiz can all play there. Especially if it's for 6 months only, waste of money and priority should be in more advanced positions. RW/LW/CM/CAM.

P.S. Mikel has much more creativity and better passing ability than Essien does, they're different types of players.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a valid opinion.

I mean why do we really need another DM? Mikel, McEachran, maybe Luiz can all play there. Especially if it's for 6 months only, waste of money and priority should be in more advanced positions. RW/LW/CM/CAM.

P.S. Mikel has much more creativity and better passing ability than Essien does, they're different types of players.

Its a vaild opinion to say Essien isnt a footballer?

Mikel is more creative? when did he do something creative? :mellow:

I didnt saw many good passes from Mikel in the dangerous areas, its always in the center of the field, when the pressure is very low. He doesnt pass the ball for

more then a range of 5-7 feet. You can noticed that easily. I even remmember a game that he set up a goal from a long range pass, realy nice pass tbh, and everybody

jumed on him after the goal. You see, its very rare that he do something like that. Its redicilous, Essien on the other hand set up many goals for the strikers in his Chelsea carreer.

I cant understand where do you see this creativity from Mikel. He has a nice touch on the ball, that doesnt say he's creative.

So your saying Essien isnt a footballer and doesnt have any skills. This is just embarrassing.

Whats even more funny is that you probably think Mikel is a footballer with skills and stuff. And when someone would say about Mikel something like what you

said about Essien, the whole forum would freak out. This forum is a MESS.

Ahah...lol.

Chill out man. That's just a picture. What I wanted to mean, is that we don't need another player whom the game is based on physical and athletic abilties. We just don't need someone who when you think about him, the first thing coming to your mind is "he is a beast !", but "he has a nice passing game". For example, what do you think when ou think about Essien ? "He is the bison", aren't you ? That means his physical abilities are more important to his game than his skill, or at least seem to people eyes to be more important. When thinking about Xavi Hernandez, the first thing coming in mind is his marvelous passing game.

That is plane as that... Try to understand what is behind words.

PS : Mikel has skill.

Its a vaild opinion to say Essien isnt a footballer?

Mikel is more creative? when did he do something creative? :mellow:

I didnt saw many good passes from Mikel in the dangerous areas, its always in the center of the field, when the pressure is very low. He doesnt pass the ball for

more then a range of 5-7 feet. You can noticed that easily. I even remmember a game that he set up a goal from a long range pass, realy nice pass tbh, and everybody

jumed on him after the goal. You see, its very rare that he do something like that. Its redicilous, Essien on the other hand set up many goals for the strikers in his Chelsea carreer.

I cant understand where do you see this creativity from Mikel. He has a nice touch on the ball, that doesnt say he's creative.

Not at all, like what has just been said Essien is known for his physical abilities more then defence splitting passes, he's obviously a good passer too but it's not his speciality.

The reason you see that from Mikel is because we limit him, we treat him as a defensive midfielder instead of a deep-lying playmaker which is what he should be. Essien has more chances to set up a pass because he's in the final third so much more then Mikel is allowed.

Also it's to do with his perceived importance in the team. He's never always going to start, managers unfairly never give him a good run of games and when he finally does he's incredible (last season first half). Because of that he would look to make less mistakes, and play simple rather than defence splitting passes all the time. With the right management and a good run in the starting 11 I honestly believe Mikel can be one of the, if not the greatest DM in the world in the next two years, he has all the qualities and he's still only 24. Also, his passing percentage and short passes controls the game and the tempo to our suiting of a slower build up, he's integral to our system and maybe with a more attacking system now, next season you'll see him given more trust and freedom to create like he can.

Ahah...lol.

Chill out man. That's just a picture. What I wanted to mean, is that we don't need another player whom the game is based on physical and athletic abilties. We just don't need someone who when you think about him, the first thing coming to your mind is "he is a beast !", but "he has a nice passing game". For example, what do you think when ou think about Essien ? "He is the bison", aren't you ? That means his physical abilities are more important to his game than his skill, or at least seem to people eyes to be more important. When thinking about Xavi Hernandez, the first thing coming in mind is his marvelous passing game.

That is plane as that... Try to understand what is behind words.

PS : Mikel has skill.

" fill the spot Essien leaves empty by someone who is another type of player. I mean we should replace him with a footballer "

Well, its kind a look like your saying that Essien is just a beast and not more then that. There are different kind of players, I understood what your

saying from the first time I read your post, but to say he doesnt have skill becasue he's physical abilities are more important to his game? thats pure rubbish.

Essien is so good because along side with his physical abillities, he has a lot of football skills and can read the game very well. Your saying its not true?

He isnt known for being the best defensive mid in the world in the last 6 years just becase of his runs and tackels.

Mikel has skill, the question is how much. You could have write more than 3 words you know. I explained my opinion about him(in my second post).

Not at all, like what has just been said Essien is known for his physical abilities more then defence splitting passes, he's obviously a good passer too but it's not his speciality.

The reason you see that from Mikel is because we limit him, we treat him as a defensive midfielder instead of a deep-lying playmaker which is what he should be.

Essien has more chances to set up a pass because he's in the final third so much more then Mikel is allowed.

Also it's to do with his perceived importance in the team. He's never always going to start, managers unfairly never give him a good run of games and when he finally does he's incredible (last season first half). Because of that he would look to make less mistakes, and play simple rather than defence splitting passes all the time. With the right management and a good run in the starting 11 I honestly believe Mikel can be one of the, if not the greatest DM in the world in the next two years, he has all the qualities and he's still only 24. Also, his passing percentage and short passes controls the game and the tempo to our suiting of a slower build up, he's integral to our system and maybe with a more attacking system now, next season you'll see him given more trust and freedom to create like he can.

But dont you think that the fact that every manager we had didnt played him regularly, and did limit him, and didnt put him in a more advanced role,

comes from the reaseon he isnt good enough for that? this isnt a option for you?

Im not saying its the absolute truth, I just think your post has too many "If's" and "But's". We didnt saw him do this stuff(aka do somthing creative like you said,

pass the ball to a striker for a 1 on 1 for example.. very rare to see him like that), so why are you so sure he can to that? Im not saying he cant and thats it, but

I dont think your bieng very realistic when your so sure about that when he doesnt showed us a lot in that area.

But dont you think that the fact that every manager we had didnt played him regularly, and did limit him, and didnt put him in a more advanced role,

comes from the reaseon he isnt good enough for that? this isnt a option for you?

Im not saying its the absolute truth, I just think your post has too many "If's" and "But's". We didnt saw him do this stuff(aka do somthing creative like you said,

pass the ball to a striker for a 1 on 1 for example.. very rare to see him like that), so why are you so sure he can to that? Im not saying he cant and thats it, but

I dont think your bieng very realistic when your so sure about that when he doesnt showed us a lot in that area.realistic ; practical

Because when he first came to us he was erratic and immature and not fitting into his position well because he's naturally a AM but with Essien and Lampard and his physical abilities he became a DM, that adjustment takes some time, especially for someone at such a tender age. He's now shown over the last 2 season that he's adapted to it and whilst still can improve his tackling, marking and heading he's growing into the position. The thing is with Essien in the team who CAN play DM, he's shoved there because he didn't need to adjust and wasn't a risk. Also with us not having a stable formation and constantly switching between 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-3 there was sometimes only place for two midfielders - no manager has been strong enough to drop big names like Essien and Lampard.

If you watched him play every game he has and seen his development, composure and passing you'll see what I mean, he's a phenomenal player who's got rid of his bad habits and when gets a good run in, rarely makes a mistake and is a consistent performer.

I'm sure he would be perfect replacement for Essien. He is hard-working player who works for the team, very rare player. He is also proved in EPL and I really hope we will sing him! :)

I disagree with that, Tiote isn't a creative player he gives the ball away quite a lot, Tiote is ultra defensive but brilliant at tackling, he saves trouble for the back 4. He would be a good signing i agree but we certainly should not see him as an Essien replacement.

Please sign him. With Nolan and Barton gone (probably) that will be them totally nackad :)

Anyway, I'd be interested in what you lads think of our chances this season?

Please use the search tool next time to avoid creating double threads.

Mikel has skill, the question is how much. You could have write more than 3 words you know. I explained my opinion about him(in my second post).

Ah... If I didn't develop the point about Mikel any further that was because it wasn't really the topic of our talk. But well, whatever.

Let's agree with something, when I talk about skill, it is his raw skills, not what he does of them on the pitch.

Yes Mikel has skills. He has a very good passing game, most of his passes are completed, he has a good long range pass. His stats prove this (whatever if it's side passes or stuff). Then, he has intelligence when he plays passes. For instance, he doesn't put the same power in the ball when he does a long pass to Cole or to Ferreira. He also has a good control of the ball, when the ball arrives to his feet, it stays at his feet. He isn't the best dribbler out there, but he knows how to dribble and beat a man. Finally, he has a good flair when it comes to make interception.

The Persistent search for Essien's replacement is, quite frankly, disrespectful to Ramires. Also the temporary replacement idea makes no sense because it will defy all laws of physics, if Essien, a 30 year old player, returns to his very best after suffering 3 serious knee injuries and it would be delusion of epic proportions for any fan or AVB to have such expectations.

Ramires isn't a holding midfielder, we need a player who can fill the gap and quickly adapt to a holding midfield role. Essien and Ramires has defensive skills but they like moving forward, tactically they aren't as good as Mikel.

I Like Tioté because he has the ability to stabilize the midfield, he is a good tackler and puts physical impact, he can go forward to shoot but he is moderate, he doesn't leave big spaces behind him when he goes forward. His passing ability is good, he allows a good ball circulation, he aerates the game well. His long balls and his crossing ability are also good.

Neither Essien nor Ramires has both tactical strenghth AND physical strength in their game so I think that bringing a player such as Tioté would be interesting (the second half vs Pompey shown us we need that kind of player).

Besides it would allow us to try Mikel in a different role, he has so much quality that I think he could be better somewhere else

I'm lost here. Essien and ramires are both box to box midfielders and have always been deployed as such. the only exception was during Mikel's absence to injury. I don't get how the defensive midfield argument fits into the discourse.

Essien isn't a guarantee when he plays as a quaterback in front of the defence, he cant help moving forward.

Imo we need another young midfeilder and a creative midfeilder. Preferrably the young one should/could be a DMC, seeing as only Luiz and Mikel can play there if Essien is out. Like i said, i would rather have Ramires as an attacking midfeilder then a defensive one, his runs can be deadly (Man City goal). Rodwell would be the perfect candidate, has PL experience, is young and also been touted as English future star.

Ramires isn't a conventional defensive midfielder, he is a player who makes the link between defence and attack, and he is a support player with his vertical runs for the wingers or to receive crosses, cut counter attacks...

we really don't need another african midfielder.

If you think the ACON is the worry, I personally think it's a false problem... People said we would have difficulties in January but it didn't help us to destroy Sunderland 7-2...

With Ballack in front of the defence and Anelka lone forward ; we can try Luiz as DM by example

The reason you see that from Mikel is because we limit him, we treat him as a defensive midfielder instead of a deep-lying playmaker which is what he should be. Essien has more chances to set up a pass because he's in the final third so much more then Mikel is allowed.

Mikel is very underrated, what he does at his age is phenomenal... During the first part of the season he was excellent when the team walked on the water, after that he was just capital because he could hold the pressing every team concentrated in the axis (while they also blocked Bosingwa and Cole's wings) because there were a lot of space because of the 2 CB who were spaced out to cover the full backs.

Mikel's ball protection is formidable, he is calm and self confident, he never precipitates in the middle of 2 or 3 players

I disagree with that, Tiote isn't a creative player he gives the ball away quite a lot, Tiote is ultra defensive but brilliant at tackling, he saves trouble for the back 4. He would be a good signing i agree but we certainly should not see him as an Essien replacement.

He has great passing ability, he crosses quite well and he never moves forward stupidely (as would do Gareth Barry...), he can help forward to offer a solution...

He isn't just a mad tackling player as Karl Henry, Tioté has offensive quality and tactical rigor

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You