Scott Parker

Domino-

To those comparing Parker with Yossi :

Yossi was a welcome crafty addition to a squad that had won the Double. His possesses a skill set that nobody had in that 09-10 team (once Deco left) and incidentally, nobody in the current team does either. I still believe he alongwith Ramires (once signed initially,) were criticized in a misplaced sense of frustration by some fans who could not get over the fact that we replaced popular figures like Ballack and Joe Cole with a relatively-unknown Brazilian and a Liverpool bench-warmer.

Parker, on the other hand, doesn't add anything different to the side. The only thing in my mind that he has going for him is that he adds to the numbers and helps out with the English quota. We already have Mikel who is by far the best DM in the side, and Ramires who arguably is, or at least, should be the first name on the sheet these days as far as the midfield is concerned. This is not a slight on Parker, he has proven himself to be a very gritty and inspirational performer, as we saw last season, but I don't think we need him or indeed, others of his ilk, unless of course we're looking to sign squad players.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am against these type of signing, i was against the Benayoun signing and now i am against the potential signing of Parker.

We just don't need anymore average players.

So i see after two preseason games people around here thinking Benayoun is a good player.facepalm.gif

Is this how low standards have fallen? Everyone has expressed concerns over the aging squad and duds we currently parade while our rivals in England and Europe are improving their squad with young, quality players and this is the best we can do? a 30 year old former Chelsea flop. we went from the likes of Drogba,Essien,Ballack,Robben,makalele, Carvalho to THIS. are we progressing or depreciating?

Is this how low standards have fallen? Everyone has expressed concerns over the aging squad and duds we currently parade while our rivals in England and Europe are improving their squad with young, quality players and this is the best we can do? a 30 year old former Chelsea flop. we went from the likes of Drogba,Essien,Ballack,Robben,makalele, Carvalho to THIS. are we progressing or depreciating?

Exactly what I have been trying to say ever since we got linked to this dude.

perhaps the fact we change managers so often discourages the very best players from wanting to come here

perhaps the fact we change managers so often discourages the very best players from wanting to come here

I think its the fact that we don't do much to get the players. Modric wants to come here, Aguero has always wanted to come here. We are SLOW in the market. If we wanted, Neymar would have already been our player by now. we were the only one interested in him.

I think its the fact that we don't do much to get the players. Modric wants to come here, Aguero has always wanted to come here. We are SLOW in the market. If we wanted, Neymar would have already been our player by now. we were the only one interested in him.

perhaps Marissa has been busy or on holiday on the yacht

You cant simplify things like that.

Parker is DM, his age is not a concern. Makelele was also 30 when he came and stayed for 5 fucking years.

Parker is not a flop. As Ollie said, he left not because he was shit. The problem is that our squad already had Makelele for that position. Even Mourinho said when Parker left that the problem is Makelele was playing so good, that Parker coud not play more. He also said Parker was a great player.

I know it was many years ago, but same people that says Mikel is brilliant are saying that We dont need Parker,

Thanks God our manager is a wise guy who knows that without Essien, we only have Mikel for that position, because Ramires doesnt play in same position as the nigerian does.

And what will happen If Mikel gets injured or gets one of his stupid red cards? Whats gonna happen If Mikel keep playing his avarage football?

Guest justin_3d

Parker is DM, his age is not a concern. Makelele was also 30 when he came and stayed for 5 fucking years.

Parker is not a flop. As Ollie said, he left not because he was shit. The problem is that our squad already had Makelele for that position. Even Mourinho said when Parker left that the problem is Makelele was playing so good, that Parker coud not play more. He also said Parker was a great player.

I know it was many years ago, but same people that says Mikel is brilliant are saying that We dont need Parker,

Thanks God our manager is a wise guy who knows that without Essien, we only have Mikel for that position, because Ramires doesnt play in same position as the nigerian does.

And what will happen If Mikel gets injured or gets one of his stupid red cards? Whats gonna happen If Mikel keep playing his avarage football?

:goodpost:

Parker should be the middle ground between Mikel, and our youth.

Scott makes perfect signing.

Makalele was uniquely exceptional and a universe apart from Parker in terms of quality. don't compare apples with oranges. it's equaivalent to using Zanetti/maldini as benchmarks to suggest most full backs can play well at the top level into their 30's

If he was so good, why did he end up at Newcastle and later westham after leaving Chelsea? world class players will always attract big clubs especially in their prime

We don't need another 30 year old average player in the squad, we are looking to trim the average age of the squad and not extend it.

We can buy a younger quality DM or use Josh as an emergency back up to Mikel. . .that may not be his natural position but he's looked very comfortable in that role.

Edited by lionsden

Makalele was uniquely exceptional and a universe apart from Parker in terms of quality. don't compare apples with oranges. it's equaivalent to using Zanetti/maldini as benchmarks to suggest most full backs can play well at the top level into their 30's

If he was so good, why did he end up at Newcastle and later westham after leaving Chelsea? world class players will always attract big clubs especially in their prime

We don't need another 30 year old average player in the squad, we are looking to trim the average age of the squad and not extend it.

We can buy a younger quality DM or use Josh as an emergency back up to Mikel. . .that may not be his natural position but he's looked very comfortable in that role.

You have some good points but your last sentence is laughable.

9 mill for Parker

40 mill for Modrić

Parker PFA of the Year

Modrić 3 goals + 2 assists a season.

Only thing that is questionable is age.But we are never gonna give the youngesters a chance so keep on bringing in the proven boys.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You