Marko Marin

Melanicus

Nobody is asking Marin to be Messi. I've said plenty of times Moses has been quality for us because he's a reliable squad player. If Marin could offer us what Moses has this season Mata, Hazard, Oscar wouldn't be playing 60 games a season.

We need more another Moses to replace Marin.

We definitely need a better player to replace Marin, but that has very little to do with why we've struggled. Marin is our #8 option in the attacking midfield (Behind both Benayoun and Ramires as well). Moses was actually part of the problem this season. He was quite poor in the Premier League and really didn't do much well. (Whoscored rates him as our second worst regular after Bertrand but attacking midfield is a vastly superior statistical position than LB so even that might be generous) I'm not exactly going to give up on him, I think he'll be a decent squad player for us, but he needs to improve to have a future at Chelsea. Moses and Oscar played 50 games in the Premier League as attacking midfielders and had a combined 4 goals. You don't not win because of the end of your bench, you don't win because the players who play regularly aren't good enough. As for Mata, Oscar, and Hazard playing too often? That's simply the fault of our managers. Mata, for example, has started 10 games in domestic cups, he started both games against Nordsjalland, he's played in 7 Europa League games, etc...There's absolutely no need to be playing our top players in games like that. If ManU can play Buttner and Wooten (etc..) we can play Marin. Our managers have been under so much pressure to win trophies, that we've sacrificed points in the league chasing secondary prizes. Some of our players being overplayed is simply a result of managers not being willing to rest them in any tournament.

How much is he getting paid a week. If it's more than 80k, then we should move him on and free up some wage bill. If it's less we may as well loan him, hope he picks up some form to either earn his way back into the team (fairly unlikely) or increase his price tag. Right now I think we could struggle to get the 7 mil we paid for him.

How much is he getting paid a week. If it's more than 80k, then we should move him on and free up some wage bill. If it's less we may as well loan him, hope he picks up some form to either earn his way back into the team (fairly unlikely) or increase his price tag. Right now I think we could struggle to get the 7 mil we paid for him.

Hopefully we find a club that wants him on loan...Marin is kind of like Ricardo Quaresma...has the talent & skill but he's just not consistent or effective.

I've read in several sources that he gets 35k. His contract is until June 2017!

Actually he was injured according to the official twitter account.

Thanks. Thought only Mikel, Hazard and Romeu were current injury problems.

But can we really trust this guy for another year? Do people want to waste a Premier League and Champions League squad place on him?

Thanks. Thought only Mikel, Hazard and Romeu were current injury problems.

But can we really trust this guy for another year? Do people want to waste a Premier League and Champions League squad place on him?

The thing is, no one will pay any money for him right now, but if we can get him a loan next season where he gets minutes and shows some talent, may be we can get back the 7m we paid for him after next season.

The thing is, no one will pay any money for him right now, but if we can get him a loan next season where he gets minutes and shows some talent, may be we can get back the 7m we paid for him after next season.

That would be the best case scenario for everybody involved. I would be amazed if he isn't loaned out next season. We wouldn't even need to replace him because he's that irrelevant. Any of our academy players could have contributed what he has this season.

That would be the best case scenario for everybody involved. I would be amazed if he isn't loaned out next season. We wouldn't even need to replace him because he's that irrelevant. Any of our academy players could have contributed what he has this season.

Agreed. Even Piazon would have done more than Marko had we not loaned him out.

To think we let go Kalou, froze out Malouda for this guy :doh:

Those 2 are frustrating players yes, but they would offer something in the squad and from the bench, especially the Ivorian and they would be fit and healthy most weeks.

A dozen lucky tap ins off the bench doesn't sound too bad a proposition right now, does it?

another Zhirkov, too bad :(

C'mon now, that's a bit insulting to Zhirkov!

At least Zhirkov could do a reasonable job when called upon. He won us key penalties and even did a decent shift or two at left-back! Marin has just been an utter dissapointment to say the least.