Creative Midfielder

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, look how long it took him to sign a contract extension after the World Cup.

Fair enough. Look man, I'd love for him to sign here but thats what I remember reading and going off of what my Bayern mate told me.

No doubt he's class though, and I think his game would translate well here.

That's Frank's shirt. They exchanged their shirts after the England - Germany WC game.

After the game ended Schweinsteiger told Lampard that his wife wants Lamps' shirt, cos she loves him as a footballer.

I dont know about his wife, but Schweinsteiger said in an interview couple of years ago that he admires Lampard. Im pretty sure it was after the WC.

And why would he wear Lampard's shirt if it was for his wife? maybe she ask him to wear it somtimes? LOL

Anyway, nice for Frank, Schweinsteiger's wife is gorgeous.

Bastion Schweinsteiger is an unreal player, one hell of a player, would love him to come to Chelsea, but i see don't see him coming here, perhaps if i heard something then i would have some faith... but nothing at the moment.

Did you forget the Torres/Luiz signings....There's still time mate.

Sure we'll be disgracefully desperate by then, but we like to over-pay for players just to gloat how much money our owner has..

No not forgotten lol, personally think we'll get Sneijder on the last day ;)

Pjanic has great potential but he has fallen out of favour, just like Ederson, who was seen as the next big thing, ie. the next Juninho. Lyon preferred to operate with Gourcuff, Kallstrom and Gonalons last season and now they have changed their system to have Lisandro, Gomis, and usually Briand, Lacazette or Pied up front in a more orthodox 4-3-3 system with genuine wingers, but with Michel Bastos and Kallstrom in deeper roles, a bit like this (though personnel changes frequently):

Lloris

Gassama/Reveillere - Lovren - Kone - Cissohko

Bastos - Kallstrom/Gonalons

Gourcuff/Kallstrom

Briand/Pied/Lacazette - Gomis - Lisandro

Because he's not a regular starter we may be able to prize him away. Lyon wouldn't sell Pjanic for anything less than £12 million (roughly €15 million), I think, because although he is not a regular first eleven player, he comes on most matches in case Lyon have no joy out wide.

• 2 months later...

Thing with creative midfielders is that it's tough for them to adapt to the pressure and the pace of PL. I would rather pay us a shit load of money for someone like Modric or Sneijder who are proven and who won't have problem adapting.

what do you guys think of nicolas Gaitan of benfica? He is a man utd target but i have heard he is too expensive for them, maybe we could use our benfica connections to get him!

I personally don't know him too much as I don't watch Benfica ...perhaps someone who follows Benfica closely can tell us more about him?

Thing with creative midfielders is that it's tough for them to adapt to the pressure and the pace of PL. I would rather pay us a shit load of money for someone like Modric or Sneijder who are proven and who won't have problem adapting.

Sneijder has never played in PL. Although yes, I agree... right now we need an established playmaker.