Scott Dann

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well where did you get Alex and Terry from? regardless, the only thing I have read is that if anyone is to go it would be Luiz. It maybe trash but you're obviously reading some to think it would be Alex or Terry. Either that or making assumptions which are trash.

Guest justin_3d

Well where did you get Alex and Terry from? regardless, the only thing I have read is that if anyone is to go it would be Luiz. It maybe trash but you're obviously reading some to think it would be Alex or Terry. Either that or making assumptions which are trash.

Terry because his injury problem, and who knows if Alex has continue injuries problem as well.

And again, where did you read that David Luiz will go????

Is there any quote saying he will go???

This is the latest quote from David Luiz:

http://www.premierle...2385653,00.html

It does not sounds like a guy that will go.

Again stop reading trashy unreliable sources.

Well i should stop reading your posts, you just said Terry or Alex could go because of injuries....Thats trash. Terry is our captain and AVB has said he will continue to be captain, so how is he gonna go exactly?

http://www.chelseanews.net/transfer-news-chelsea-boss-keen-to-replace-david-luiz/

Thats where I read it.

It's all speculation, but why do we need another centre back unless someone is leaving? Ivan,Terry,Alex,Luiz, We have 4, why do we need Dann?

Guest justin_3d

Well i should stop reading your posts, you just said Terry or Alex could go because of injuries....Thats trash. Terry is our captain and AVB has said he will continue to be captain, so how is he gonna go exactly?

http://www.chelseane...ace-david-luiz/

Thats where I read it.

It's all speculation, but why do we need another centre back unless someone is leaving? Ivan,Terry,Alex,Luiz, We have 4, why do we need Dann?

I never said they could go.

If we buy we buy like we did with David Luiz, a player for the future.

And yes that source is trash. Is just like me saying right now we will sell Torres.

Is just saying that, but there is no official quote to back from it anywhere.

So most likely it's a rumor to sell paper.

Guest justin_3d

Just use a little common sense.

You should know that 95% of the story that come from England are bogus.

They love to make up stories to sell paper, as they don't got nothing to write about.

Lazy journalism at it's best.

Just look at the story that Ronalda wanted to move to City, just to find out it was all fake....

English press is like that!

It's just gets me mad that these people are call professional and get payed for that. While i can even make those lies for free!

I'm probably alone here with this view.. But I'm delighted! I rate Dann very highly.. He and Johnson were terrific for Birmingham and if Dann had been fit all year, they'd be very safe in PL I assure you.

Guest justin_3d

There's a reason why Birmingham was relegated. Why is there a demand for people from that team? Still can't believe Villa hired McLeish, their fans are rightfully pissed. We can do better. We BETTER do better.

He is young is English, and cost cheap. Add to the homegrown rule. blue%20scalf.gif

But he was injured some part of the season, so that went bad for the team.

Wow TANGENT. back onto topic, why are some people bashing alex Iva and Terry the moment we get a dubious link to another center back? Come on people. That's why people call us plastic fans. Stick by the players. You turn on the boys so easily after they've done so much. A bad season? Yes. Well probably have another one sometime down the road. Hopefully later than sooner. IMHO, we don't need to address the center of defense. Plain and simple.

Bruma's gone, we only have three centre-backs now. I count Ivanovic as a right-back. In reality, these are our first and second choice options:

First choice RB - Ivanovic

Second choice RB - Bosingwa/Ferreira

First choice CBs - Terry and Luiz

Second choice CBs - Alex/Ivanovic and Dann?

First choice LB - Cole

Second choice LB - Bertrand/van Aanholt/Ferreira/Zhirkov

That is an awful lot of versatility there! I reckon Zhirkov may leave, plus one of Bosingwa and Ferreira. We need players to plug the gaps, might as well buy cheap British players instead of ridiculously-priced foreigners.

Guest justin_3d

Bruma's gone, we only have three centre-backs now. I count Ivanovic as a right-back. In reality, these are our first and second choice options:

First choice RB - Ivanovic

Second choice RB - Bosingwa/Ferreira

First choice CBs - Terry and Luiz

Second choice CBs - Alex/Ivanovic and Dann?

First choice LB - Cole

Second choice LB - Bertrand/van Aanholt/Ferreira/Zhirkov

That is an awful lot of versatility there! I reckon Zhirkov may leave, plus one of Bosingwa and Ferreira. We need players to plug the gaps, might as well buy cheap British players instead of ridiculously-priced foreigners.

:goodpost:

But Cheap British players?

hahaha you make me laugh!

• 4 weeks later...

According to SkySports, if Chelsea can not manage to get a work permit for Rajkovic ; we would make an approach for him.

Although I would have prefer Roger Johnson (but he has signed for Wolves...), Scott Dann is a really good defender, very solid in duel and with the ability to get the ball out of the defence properly

The real question is: Do we really need him ? For me we do

I'm going to be fucking pissed off if Scott Dann is one of our summer signings, I'm fed up with this bullshit, why do we need a second rate centre back? because he's english? fuck that. He is middle of the road quality and it's pissing me off that we might end up signing only second rate bench warmers when we have a load of problems in our first XI.

I do partially agree, defence is not our main problem.

But Dann is an opportunity and he realized two very good seasons, very good partnership with Roger Johnson and one of the best pair of the League. He is more than a second rate.

For me Cahill is overrated, yes he is solid in the penalty box but he has many shortcomings for what people and media tries to convince us about him... He has swing concentrations, he isn't a defensive guarantee and he is poor with the ball. THIS is a second rate for me

I discovered Holden this season so I watched maybe 10 games of Bolton, and everytime he left me with this impression.

For what I saw of Dann, he hasn't the same marking and tactical problems or concentrations issues and he is more comfortable with the ball. He seems also not having the same doubtful mentality than Cahill on the pitch

And Dann isn't rated for twice his real value because his international status or I don't know why. Wheater impressed me more during the second half of the season, he is not overplaying

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You