Scott Dann

Skysports.com understands Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has made signing a new British central defender one of this top priorities in this summer's transfer market.

New Bluesspacer.gif chief Villas-Boas has earmarked the heart of theChelseaspacer.gif defence as an area of the side that needs strengthening and he is now weighing up his targets.

There have been rumours over the future of Brazilian defender David Luiz with Barcelonaspacer.gif and Real Madridspacer.gif both linked with the Benfica man so Chelsea could be in the market for defensive reinforcements.

Sources now believe Villas-Boas is drawing up a list of British talent to bolster his defence, which includes Bolton defender Gary Cahill and Birmingham star Scott Dann.

Cahill and Dann have both been linked with moves away from their clubs with a host of top teams keen to bolster their defensive options this summer.

Arsenalspacer.gif are believed to have Cahill and Dann on their wanted list as Arsene Wengerspacer.gif looks to bring in a dominant defender to shore up his rearguard after struggling at the back last season.

Tottenham have also been linked with a move for Cahill with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp thought to be offering players in exchange for the former Aston Villaspacer.gif man.

Dann's future has been the subject of intense speculation all summer following Birmingham's relegation from the Premier League.

The 24-year-old has proved to be a massive success at St Andrew's and he has established himself as one of the best young defenders in the country.

The 6ft 5in stopper is seen by many seasoned observers as a future England international having represented his country at Under 21 level.

Aston Villa and Liverpoolspacer.gif are also thought to be weighing up moves for Dann, while Stoke have already seen a bid rejected for the former Coventry man.

It is believed Dann is desperate to stay in the Premier League and could represent value for money at around the £10million mark making him a better option than Cahill because of his price tag.

The race for both Dann and Cahill is expected to hot up in the next few weeks with a host of the Premier League's top clubs ready to battle it out with each other for the services of the duo.

http://www.skysports...7013209,00.html rolleyes.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, happy to see that too, but do we need Center Backs?

Yes.

With Terry & Alex all ageing and Bruma seeming to go on loan. We need to start thinking of permanent replacements to line up with Luiz

Guest justin_3d

Me too, but I have a bad feeling, that AVB doesn't like JT..unsure.gif

Shoot i don't like him either at times!

He thinks he is the president of the club, and trying to influence too much on the team behind the managers back.

He tried to do the same thing with England.

Terry is sometimes a cunt!

He thinks he is the president of the club, and trying to influence too much on the team behind the managers back.

How can you say this as a Chelsea "fan"? Terry is Chelsea LEGEND!emo8.gif

Guest justin_3d

How can you say this as a Chelsea "fan"? Terry is Chelsea LEGEND!emo8.gif

SOOOOOOOO???????

Just because he is a legend does not mean i can talk crap about him?

Carlo is a Chelsea legend and people talk crap about him!

Mourinho is a Chelsea legend, and people talk crap about him!

I won't be a hypocrite, and cast aside all the stupidity someone does just because he is a legend....

SOOOOOOOO???????

Just because he is a legend does not mean i can talk crap about him?

Carlo is a Chelsea legend and people talk crap about him!

Mourinho is a Chelsea legend, and people talk crap about him!

I won't be a hypocrite, and cast aside all the stupidity someone does just because he is a legend....

How old are you?

Guest justin_3d

Not trying to pick a fight, just genuine curiosity and I shall move out of this thread once its satisfied.

Why do i have the mind of a child?

As I said in the past, i don't support double standard and hypocrisy.

If we judge one person we judge all of them.

If we judge one Chelsea legend, like Carlo, then we judge all Chelsea legends.

No double standards for me!

Guest justin_3d

We dont need him!!!

Keep Luiz only if we sell alex and ivanovic!

Never liked both of them!

I am still wondering if AVB might consider putting David Luiz in another spot....

If that's the case we will need a new CB, and Cahill will amazing for me.

Carlo Chelsea legend?

lol now that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

do you have any source to backup your accusations?

Guest justin_3d

Carlo Chelsea legend?

lol now that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

And that is why i could care less what some people say when i judge a player like Terry.

Because if they can't respect Carlo as a legend, why the hell should i respect Terry as a legend?

As having seen what Carlo did for Chelsea giving us the best season ever!

If this is leading up to the thought that David Luiz might be sold then I'm not going for it!

We don't need another centreback, we are fully covered at the back! If we really wanted some British mettal in that position, then we should have kept hold of Mancienne while we had the chance. I know his mind was fixed away from us, but the club could have at least convinced him before they brought Boas in!

Edited by CJ Revo

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You