Transfer targets discussion

zolayes

My hopes were for a Manager and Assistant , A RB , a creative midfielder ,and a right winger.

my choices Hiddink and Wilkins

V D Wiel

Modric

Sanchez

who I think we will get

Hiddink (eventually )but no Wilkins just hope not Hughes

Lukaku

De Bruyne (but sent out on loan)

Pastore ( hugely over priced) perhaps the bid for Modric is a ploy to push through the deal for Pastore

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted/Needed:

1. Hiddink - clark
  2. Sanchez
  3. Hamsik
  4. Neymar / Aguero

More likely / expected:

1. Hiddink
  2. Modric
  3. Lukaku
  4. De bruyne

But what is more important who is gonna leave this summer , we have to get rid of a lot of dead wood , hopefully the days of anelka , zhirkov , malouda , ferrera and kalou are numbered with chelsea .

Wanted/Needed:

1. Hiddink - clark
  2. Sanchez
  3. Hamsik
  4. Neymar / Aguero

More likely / expected:

1. Hiddink
  2. Modric
  3. Lukaku
  4. De bruyne

But what is more important who is gonna leave this summer , we have to get rid of a lot of dead wood , hopefully the days of anelka , zhirkov , malouda , ferrera and kalou are numbered with chelsea .

start a similar thread then

At one point i was really wanting Lukaku, but recently i've seen him on videos and matches and highlights and i just think he's overhyped and just an early starter. I don't think he will adapt into the premier league or become a great striker, hopefully i'm wrong. But if he comes to Chelsea he better not start over Sturridge, give him time and bench him.

I think we will get

Modric

De Bruyne

Lukaku

And i can't really guess anyone else, it's all unexpected for me, but i think a lot of players on our team will stay unfortunately.

Want

Hiddink:

Pastore

VDW

Mata

Lukaku

De Bruyne

Modric

Then play : Cech

VDW Luiz Terry Cole

Lampard Modric Essien(Ramirez)

Pastore torres(Drogba) Mata

What will happen:

Lukaku

De bruyne

Modric

arda turan(hate him, he not good enough for us!)

VDW

WELL I WANT SOMEONE LIKE PASTORE HAMSIK IN MANAGERS WISE IM HAPPY WERE GOING FOR HIDDINK. BUT I THINK MORE WERE GETTING IN LUKAKU AND DE BRUYNE WHICH WELL ILL BE HAPPY ENOUGH TO SEE. DONT SEE THE PASTORE ONE HAPPENING CAUSE WHY WOULD WE PAY ABOUT 50M (ACCORDING TO WHAT I HEARD THAT THE PRESIDENT WANTS). BUT YES I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOMEONE LIKE THEM. BUT WHO WOULD SAY NO TO MESSI EH XD

(im sure you seen what i did there)

How unrealistic can you be, we really aren't getting 5 players, atleast not those. I hope for Modric and Hiddink with Zola as assistent. With all respect soccer isn't made for the amount of money that is going in at this moment, people seem to forget that. Chelsea already bought many players, we should stay calm and only buy player that are neccesary. Don't forget we have a youth, with Bruma, van Aanholt, McEachran, Sturridge, Kakuta or do we want another season of seeing all or youth leaving to the championship or wherever. If we buy Lukaku i doubt if Sturridge will get a chance. Modric or a player like him is really needed, a creative midfielder. If we buy Neymar for more then 30mil then our policies are a joke.

We wont get Pastore unless Palmero significantly reduce the price.

Palmero? :whistling:

Edited by Vincent

I agree with the dead wood bit, what worries me we have been here before. Roman promises the cash and because we are too slow we miss out,although kenyon was,nt liked one thing you couldn,t accuse him of was being slow out the trap. Sorry but i,m not impressed by Gourlay one bit(Hilario,please!), you watch all the other clubs will have their pick and we,ll be left with overpriced has beens (sound familiar?). However for me it,s Boswinga,Mikel,Ferreira,Zirkhov,Malouda,Kalou,Drogba,Anelka,Alex and Essien( looking burned) out. And KDB, VDW, Modric/Schneider, Sanchez/Neymar, Lukaku,/ Aguero/Elia with Mceachran,Sturridge more games and unleash Piazon when he arrives in Jan 2012.

It's very difficult picking players! It's much easier to say the positions. I feel we need to strengthen the following areas (listed in terms of importance);

RIGHT-WINGER (we desperately need some sort of attacking threat on the right hand side and have done so for the last 4 years.)

ATTACKING-MIDFIELDER OR SECOND-STRIKER (somebody who can drop into little gaps between midfield and defence and link play for us)

STIKER (I would like to see both Kalou and Anelka let go this summer. That would leave us with Drogba, Torres and Sturridge so one more player would be ideal)

CENTRAL-MIDFIELDER (we can discard waste of space Zhirkov and replace him with somebody useful)

RIGHT-BACK (if we sign somebody to play right-wing then Ivanovic can become a defender instead of being asked to perform like a very poor mans Dani Alves. defensively I don't think you will find a better right-back in World football than Branislav so for this position we aren't desperate. So perhaps we could sign a young development right-back in his teens or early 20s and groom him for the future? one of Ferreira or Bosingwa would have to leave.)

So five new players needed this summer, doubt we will sign that many though. Probably 2 or 3 maximum. De Bryune, Lukaku and Modric it looks like.

Hiddink is the best quality candidate for manager.

Modric for £22m would have been ok with me, but I hope we don't sign him for more than £25m.

Either from Modric or Nasri for PL experience, or possibly Sneijder or Pastore.

And then a winger. Probably the riskiest signing as no one who currently plays in the PL is really available that's worth getting. The only PL winger I would consider is Arshavin, as he would probably work at his best under Hiddink. Other than that De Bruyne could be worth a shot, but such an important position probably warrants our biggest spending this window. Probably wont play out that way though. Still not really sure who is the best candidate for this. I don't really want Neymar, he would not fit in with the other players in our squad at all.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You