Thiago Alcantara

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIAGO ALCANTARA WANTS A CAREER BOAS-T

THIAGO ALCANTARA has fired a 'come and get me' message to new Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.

Thiago Alcantara, labelled "Little Xavi" by his Nou Camp team-mates, is unhappy about of his lack of first-team opportunities with the Catalan giants and wants a fresh start.

The La Liga and European Cup winners will allow him to leave if someone coughs up £10million – and Arsenal and Liverpool are both keen to sign him.

But Thiago, 20, has made it clear that Stamford Bridge is his destination of choice if Barca boss Pep Guardiola can't guarantee him regular first-team football.

Thiago, born in Italy and the son of former Brazil international Mazinho, has been starring for Spain in the European Under-21 Championships in Denmark this month.

He admitted: "I would be lying if I said that my dream is to succeed at Barca.

"My dream is to succeed in football. I want to be a player who people remember for ever."

A source added: "Thiago is frustrated because his path to the first-team is blocked by Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

"His minutes on the pitch are limited while they continue to pull the strings in midfield, and Chelsea is his favoured destination if he decides to leave.

"He is also worried about the possible arrival of Cesc Fabregas, because that would put him further down the pecking order.

"It is another factor that has caused him to think about his future.

"Thiago believes that the style of football Villas-Boas will bring to Chelsea would suit him perfectly.

"And he will be an attractive prospect for Villas-Boas, who will take note of Thiago's desire to play for him."

If any of the above is true. Then we need to get a move on. I mean 10 million for the next Xavi/Iniesta?!?

The best thing is: If Barca suddenly say: David Luiz for Thiago, we can say No and pay them 15 - 20 million so they can buy a CB...Even though It's a bit much. Come on Boas, get him!!!

No we can just pay 10 million..which is his clause! :whistling:

OMGOSH. Thanks Feroze, I didn't know that. Me and you shocked the forum with the Sanchez and Thiago news. :champions: Absolute bargain if we get him for 10 mil.

Haha indeed.. but .. the thing is .. that if we don't do the deal before the 1st of July.. his clause increases from 10 million to .. 30 million! :mouthclosed:

The AVB factor could be a major factor, We have a manager that encourages football to be played the way it should be, and with his recent success why wouldn't a great young player want to play for him?

"Thiago believes that the style of football Villas-Boas will bring to Chelsea would suit him perfectly.

"And he will be an attractive prospect for Villas-Boas, who will take note of Thiago's desire to play for him."

If any of the above is true. Then we need to get a move on. I mean 10 million for the next Xavi/Iniesta?!?

:rolleyes:

Just found this:

http://www.insidefut...8m-offer/44454/

I'm not sure how reliable the source is but it says Barca are pondering a €18 million offer from an unnamed club ;) Sure hope the unnamed club is Chelsea (if this news is true), after all the news has come after today's Alcantara links :whistling: With the prizes we already avail in Mceachran & Piazon, Alcantara will really mark a new generation in our midfield.