Thiago Alcantara

This is exactly why I'd be worried about signing him.

Barcelona academy players have a habit of "wanting to go back". Pique & Fabregas being the most notable in recent years.

That's why I'd stick a £60m buy out clause for him and act as Zamparini :whistling:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly why I'd be worried about signing him.

Barcelona academy players have a habit of "wanting to go back". Pique & Fabregas being the most notable in recent years.

Pique and Fabregas are Catalonians and they joined Barca at a very young age, Thiago joined the club when he was 15 and really does not have the same affection for the club. So there is a huge difference.

We don't have to worry about that scenario.

Pique and Fabregas are Catalonians and they joined Barca at a very young age, Thiago joined the club when he was 15 and really does not have the same affection for the club. So there is a huge difference.

We don't have to worry about that scenario.

That's true.

Thanks for reminding me :)

Chelsea, United and Arsenal all interested in Thiago -

The Chelsea is precisely the Barca midfielder's first choice if you finally have to leave because there 'overbooking' on average with the arrival of Cesc . The club 'blue' has always a lot of money to buy and to ensure good chips, has a staff with great quality and just started an exciting project with Villas-Boas on the bench.

Source

I cant see him coming to Chelsea, as much I would love to. Simple, Barcelona wont sell him to us, except of course, in exchange for David Luiz. That is the point of these rumours. Barca will not sell him to United either, maybe to Arsenal if they get Fabregas. I think he will end up in Malaga or something like that with Barcelona"s exlusive right to buy him if he comes good.

Hey guys, i am new here. I'm from Portugal and i follow Chelsea since José Mourinho went there, so since Villas Boas is the new coach i decided to be an active part in the forums. (any help and question about portuguease players feel free to ask :yes:)

Well about Thiago Alcantara, he is one of my favourite players and i am following his carreer from long ago, i am pretty sure he isn't like Pique or Fabregas, Thiago's bound with barça isnt that big really, is first option was to play for Real Madrid, but his parents couldn't afford/live there.

It would be an awesome sign for Chelsea, Thiago is like a Ronaldinho with Xavi's head, which is really rare in actual football.

(sorry for my english, im still learning)

Hey guys, i am new here. I'm from Portugal and i follow Chelsea since José Mourinho went there, so since Villas Boas is the new coach i decided to be an active part in the forums. (any help and question about portuguease players feel free to ask :yes:)

Well about Thiago Alcantara, he is one of my favourite players and i am following his carreer from long ago, i am pretty sure he isn't like Pique or Fabregas, Thiago's bound with barça isnt that big really, is first option was to play for Real Madrid, but his parents couldn't afford/live there.

It would be an awesome sign for Chelsea, Thiago is like a Ronaldinho with Xavi's head, which is really rare in actual football.

Helo Mate, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around for a long time.

Hey bro your English is good :goodpost:

Thiago is a great young player and he will become a very, very good senior player perhaps even better. His technique is incredible and he is basically Deco 2.0.

Thanks guys :tophat:

Thiago is simply a genious, i really hope he goes to Chelsea so Villas Boas can work him out like he did with James Rodriguez.

Hey welcome to the forum mate :)

Make sure you introduce yourself to the community here :)

Cheers.

Thanks guys :tophat:

Thiago is simply a genious, i really hope he goes to Chelsea so Villas Boas can work him out like he did with James Rodriguez.

Tell us more about James Rodriguez. Does AVB really give the youth a chance?

The AVB factor could be a major factor, We have a manager that encourages football to be played the way it should be, and with his recent success why wouldn't a great young player want to play for him?

The right question should be why would a very promising upcoming talent to leave barca, the best club in the world?. with xavi aging and fabregas move looking unlikely, He would be more motivated to stay and fight for a place in the first team.

Tell us more about James Rodriguez. Does AVB really give the youth a chance?

Yes he does, AVB had an important role in James development this season, the first half James didnt play much, but when he played we could saw he had a great talent and skill with the ball (a bit selfish and imature still)

The second half of the season was completely different, James had an important role in FCP, scoring goals (12 i think, a lot for a 19yo winger) and assisting his team mates (around 15).

I think AVB does give chances to youth (they gotta have the skill tho) :lol: