2011/12 fixtures

Shane

Well i suppose we don't have the hardest start, but it's just the end games i'm talking about, say if were at the top, and for example Man U are a few points behind us. We will need a strong squad to keep winning those last games, oh well nevermind, looks like we will have to keep saying 'well there's always next season' to ourselves if Gourley is going to be like that.

I defo agree with you. Yet we are planning to loan out a winger/playmaker who could give our squad some much needed depth. our board of directors are bereft of common sense.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The depth was fine at the second half off last season with every one fit and a returning Danny and improved Kakuta will add to that, De Bruyne should be kept aswell as Arda and maybe another winger to go with a play maker to compete with Josh.

We don't need a complete overhaul Goalkeeper's fine so defense (providing they all stay) we just need a bit of flair up top because our line-up's on the first half of last season picked itself at times.

I defo agree with you. Yet we are planning to loan out a winger/playmaker who could give our squad some much needed depth. our board of directors are bereft of common sense.

Josh could do with a loan, but maybe he should of already had one?. Or perhaps he would be better staying here but starting much more. It's a gamble but i would say it's a gamble we should take, especially if were keeping the same squad. To be honest i thought the board would of learned that our squad is to old and lacking creativity by this season, it turns out we are going to have to have another season of just throwing the title away just for the stupid brainless board to realise that we need new players. I bet Malouda and Anelka stay.

Josh could do with a loan, but maybe he should of already had one?. Or perhaps he would be better staying here but starting much more. It's a gamble but i would say it's a gamble we should take, especially if were keeping the same squad. To be honest i thought the board would of learned that our squad is to old and lacking creativity by this season, it turns out we are going to have to have another season of just throwing the title away just for the stupid brainless board to realise that we need new players. I bet Malouda and Anelka stay.

If i have to go through another season like the last i will scream.

Last season everyone thought Everton away at the end of the season was bad. Arsenal & Liverpool away in the final 4 games of the season is much worse. It could all be over by the time we play Blackburn at home.

Every one has to play each other twice so hopefully we will have a decent lead going into these games. We could not have asked for much better than Blackburn at home to end the season if we can go into that game with the destiny of the title in our hands it will suit me down the ground blue%20scalf.gif

As things stands at the moment. I'm not thoroughly excited about next season. I anticipate the same slow paced, boring and predictable football and the older players to be massively favoured over the younger , more creative and hungrier ones.

All indication points to a rendition of last season. don't get your hopes high :whistling:

Tbf didn't Guus say the squad needed overhauling 2 years ago? so if he comes in he should bring the needed flair.

As things stands at the moment. I'm not thoroughly excited about next season. I anticipate the same slow paced, boring and predictable football and the older players to be massively favoured over the younger , more creative and hungrier ones.

All indication points to a rendition of last season. don't get your hopes high

You're making me and Styles look cheerful...

Tbf didn't Guus say the squad needed overhauling 2 years ago? so if he comes in he should bring the needed flair.

Even if he brings flair players in. would he play these flair players ahead of lampard,essien et al and does he have the balls to bench these "untouchables" when they underperform/hit a bad run of form? also will his team set up and selection depend solely on experience rather than quality and merit?. If Hiddink can respond positively to these questions then we might just be treated to mouth watering display of football next season.

The only 3 managers I have seen done something similar are ferguson, Loius van gaal and wenger.

Even if he brings flair players in. would he play these flair players ahead of lampard,essien et al and does he have the balls to bench these "untouchables" when they underperform/hit a bad run of form? also will his team set up and selection depend solely on experience rather than quality and merit?. If Hiddink can respond positively to these questions then we might just be treated to mouth watering display of football next season

He gave PSV a makeover, only really kept Cocu off the old guard and brought in young players, he dropped Carvalho in his brief spell last time so he will do it if need be.

He gave PSV a makeover, only really kept Cocu off the old guard and brought in young players, he dropped Carvalho in his brief spell last time so he will do it if need be.

Yer he might have done it with PSV in the past but are you confident he would/can repeat the same feat at a club like ours? where the "untouchable" culture/politics reigns supreme and strongly supported by the board of directors. I wouldn't put my mortgage on it.

Yer he might have done it with PSV in the past but are you confident he would/can repeat the same feat at a club like ours? where the "untouchable" culture/politics firmly exists.

Only time will tell, but he dropped Carvalho in his last reign for Alex and Hiddink does not strike me as some-one that will be walked over either, i think it will be a accept my decision or fuck off and from what i can gather Hiddink seems to be Roman's achilles heal too and seems to listen to him.

Only time will tell, but he dropped Carvalho in his last reign for Alex and Hiddink does not strike me as some-one that will be walked over either, i think it will be a accept my decision or fuck off and from what i can gather Hiddink seems to be Roman's achilles heal too and seems to listen to him.

Like you said, fingers crossedblue%20scalf.gif