2011/12 fixtures

Shane

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A crazy Liverpool fan on Twitter: "How good will it be if #lfc have won the league with 2games to go an we play #cfc an Torres has to form a guard of honour. That's my dream."

:lol:

Delusion..

This Liverpool fan has clearly lost touch with reality, they will 'compete' this season but they won't be winning the league.

Only time will tell, but he dropped Carvalho in his last reign for Alex and Hiddink does not strike me as some-one that will be walked over either, i think it will be a accept my decision or fuck off and from what i can gather Hiddink seems to be Roman's achilles heal too and seems to listen to him.

He lost the dressing room at Real Madrid and was promptly fired

Much rather have a trip to Stoke to open the season than in the zombie winter months. Clubs like that are a lot more dangerous around the New Year. Extremely soft three games to open the season. Old Trafford in September, last two away matches are to the Emirates and Anfield.

I'll take all that, thank you very much! :D

I think a win at Old Toilet early in the season would be a good psychological boost for us- if we can do it. Man U always start slowly so that could be to our advantage. On the other hand our tricky end of season fixtures could be damaging. The games come thick and fast- particularly in March/April if games get changed due to FA Cup etc. so one loss could do us a lot of harm. If by then we happen to have a 6 point lead and lose one game we will need a lot of character to bounce back with those fixtures.

With regard to those last 5:

Man City away 17th March

This game comes possibly after a Champions League 1st Knockout round 2nd leg. That could cause problems against such a strong, physical team but on the flip side they could be in the same situation as us. We have struggled at Eastlands in recent seasons but were unlucky not to take a point from there last season.

Aston Villa away 31st March

We played poorly at Villa this and last season. We were lucky not to lose in 10/11 season. Even worse it could potentially come after a first leg of a Champions League quarter final (if we get there). Even when we do win at Villa Park it is not done convincingly.

Fulham away 9th April

No potential champions league midweek game here BUT it does come only 48 hours after we play Wigan at home. Despite this, I think we will win. Fulham have never caused us too many problems.

Arsenal away 21st April

This one really does worry me. The game is potentially sandwiched between the 1st and 2nd legs of a Champions League semi final(They could be in the same boat as us though) and knowing Sky it will probably be changed to 4PM Sunday as part of their 'Ford Super Sunday'

Liverpool away 5th May

Not really close to any Champions League game. If we are in the position that we were in 2009/10 at Anfield, last away game of the season, top of the league then I am confident that we can win this. Torres will score the goal (in front of the Kop) that wins us the league

We'll miss the Africans for Man Utd? shit.

Well..... We had an 'easy' start last season and after beating Blackburn away we had our best start for 5 years. Look what happened. Anyway everyone has to play these games and everyone will have a tough spell or 2 so it doesn't matter when we play who.

Since ACoN is this year, we'll be missing our African boys for United at home and Everton away, as well as the beginning of the year FA Cup match.

Yeh that is pretty shit...Then again we played the games with our African boys last season and still lost