Chelsea B in other league?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it'd be the same as starting a new club, have a small ground built, maybe a few thousand capacity, start the team from the very bottom and I'm talking blue square premier, then let them work their way up. If the idea works and the team is bringing in money, expand the ground into a stadium overtime, let the reserve players fight their way up through the ranks.

Having watched our youth team play a few times I can honestly say the quality of football is nothing like the first team, it terms of pace or technical skills and especially the physical side, so let them BE a first team. It'd cancel out the need for loans too because they'd already be playing for the first team albeit at an affiliated club, Ie. Chelsea B team.

Surely it'd be the same as starting a new club, have a small ground built, maybe a few thousand capacity, start the team from the very bottom and I'm talking blue square premier, then let them work their way up. If the idea works and the team is bringing in money, expand the ground into a stadium overtime, let the reserve players fight their way up through the ranks.

Having watched our youth team play a few times I can honestly say the quality of football is nothing like the first team, it terms of pace or technical skills and especially the physical side, so let them BE a first team. It'd cancel out the need for loans too because they'd already be playing for the first team albeit at an affiliated club, Ie. Chelsea B team.

would they really benefit from non league football

would they really benefit from non league football

Well you cant just have them PUT into L1 or the Championship because their affiliated with Chelsea, they would have to start on the lower rungs, ok maybe not QUITE as far down as the blue square prem, but you couldn't just put a team into one of the established leagues without anyone noticing

Well you cant just have them PUT into L1 or the Championship because their affiliated with Chelsea, they would have to start on the lower rungs, ok maybe not QUITE as far down as the blue square prem, but you couldn't just put a team into one of the established leagues without anyone noticing

I know that is one of the reasons it wont get adopted and if we had a B team you can be sure another 10 PL sides would want them as well

They can do a playoff system against top or bottom clubs of whatever league they have ambitions of playing in and the results of those games would determine what league they can be placed in...It kinda sounds unfair to people that played an entire league fixture...

Or

They can just start promoting top teams/winners of the reserve league and then have them slug it out in the playoffs against promotion candidates from the lower league, to the league that they wanna be put in...Just a thought....

its a silly and arrogant idea.

Here we go again...And on saturday i am sure you will be one of the people bitching for Betrand or some other youngster to come off the bench...He is suggesting an idea that can only benefit Chelsea football club and your prized "english football" in the long term and u call it silly and arrogant?.....

Winners of current reserve league should be promoted to conference.

You hit nail on the head , win the reserve league north, you go into blue square north, and same applies to the reserve league south. Then progression over time and like in Spain or Germany you can't get promoted to the same league your parent club is in. Would be very beneficial to the English national team as well having a deeper pool of players coming through getting consistant game time.

It isn't fair on the smaller clubs in the football league who are just doing an honest job and have worked their way up through the football league ladder if Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, City etc etc. just suddenly barge in and think that they can just ruin the whole league structure just for their own benefit. What good does having to play extra games (on top of the 46 which FL clubs already play) have on clubs in the football league? If I were a 27 year old football player in the Championship or League 1 or League 2 I would find it quite insulting that bigger clubs think that they can just play their kids against us solely for their own benefit.

If this idea is ever going to work then all of the leagues would need to be restructured, which would mean extra clubs in the Premier League and/or extra clubs being relegated from their divisions just so that the big boys can develop their team.

Here we go again...And on saturday i am sure you will be one of the people bitching for Betrand or some other youngster to come off the bench...He is suggesting an idea that can only benefit Chelsea football club and your prized "english football" in the long term and u call it silly and arrogant?.....

it doesn't benefit the 72 clubs in the Football league. It is arrogant to think that because we are a top club in the Premier League we and other big clubs can just dictate what goes on in divisions below ours. Its not fair on your average joe who supports his local club such as Bristol Rovers that he has to put up with seeing his clubs heroes having to play against a bunch of kids It is insulting to lower league players.

He is suggesting an idea that can only benefit Chelsea football club

Correct.

It isn't fair on the smaller clubs in the football league who are just doing an honest job and have worked their way up through the football league ladder if Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, City etc etc. just suddenly barge in and think that they can just ruin the whole league structure just for their own benefit. What good does having to play extra games (on top of the 46 which FL clubs already play) have on clubs in the football league? If I were a 27 year old football player in the Championship or League 1 or League 2 I would find it quite insulting that bigger clubs think that they can just play their kids against us solely for their own benefit.

If this idea is ever going to work then all of the leagues would need to be restructured, which would mean extra clubs in the Premier League and/or extra clubs being relegated from their divisions just so that the big boys can develop their team.

absolute quality post hit the nail on the head.

This is a fair comment, which is why I don't think they should go straight into the Championship. As eldo suggested, the winner of reserve leagues should be allowed to go into the conference, or even blue square league. This way they will work up, just as any other club would have to.

Whichever way things are looked at, the reserve league, as it is now, must be reformed. The only sense of competitiveness these kids get is in the FA Youth Cup. Reserve leagues haven't got the prestige or impact they should be having.