Chelsea B in other league?

it doesn't benefit the 72 clubs in the Football league. It is arrogant to think that because we are a top club in the Premier League we and other big clubs can just dictate what goes on in divisions below ours. Its not fair on your average joe who supports his local club such as Bristol Rovers that he has to put up with seeing his clubs heroes having to play against a bunch of kids It is insulting to lower league players.

Correct.

Totally get you man...That was why i suggested in my earlier post about having a playoffs after they win the reserve league...They will have to earn their place in the conference if that is where they are to work their way up from....If the top three of the reserve league play in a playoff against teams that a supposedly to be promoted to the conference i think it is fair and they earn their spot....This issue of watching their heroes play against kids is only gonna be a problem if they dont fight for their position to play in that division and it was just handed to them because of the clubs big name status

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a silly and arrogant idea.

Another guy that agrees with you:

AVB’s B team plan is a disgrace

By Eurosport | Paul Parker – 3 hours ago

If Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has his way and the top clubs are allowed to enter B teams into the league ladder at the expense of existing Football League sides it would be an absolute embarrassment to English football.

One of the best things about the English game is the way it has structural integrity and is built around the concepts of fairness and honesty. The league ladder is there for a reason: you rise and fall dependent on your performance; it is a meritocracy. We have got four well-structured divisions with long historical roots. This has been in place for well over 100 years now and I don't think you can just tinker with it.

If we decide to parachute in B teams of Premier League sides, what do you tell the clubs who are forced out of professional football to make way? What do you say to the fans denied a chance to watch league football? Or the players who may find themselves out of work as a result?

There are clubs who fight tooth and nail, year in and year out, to preserve the league status that brings them so much pride; often they battle financial hardship and pressures that Premier League teams know little about. They deserve their place and have been protecting that precious status for decades and decades. Are we to suddenly tell them that they have to go into the Conference because Chelsea want their kids to have a team in there?

Furthermore, why should those teams currently in the Conference be forced to put their plans on hold because Premier League sides have decided it suits them better to have a B team represented in the league ladder?

Frankly, the introduction of a scheme like Villas-Boas is proposing would be an absolute disgrace.

You would be demeaning those clubs who have fought for years to retain their place in the Football League ladder. You would be glamorising the big clubs at their expense, again.

I know that the Barcelona B team is often cited as proof of how the system can be beneficial but I don't think it is the right fit for English football. Too often we try to follow what European club sides have done and to be honest it hasn't helped us. In fact, you could even make a case that our football, certainly at international level, has gone backwards.

We have tried the academy system, attempted to embrace different styles of football, different methods of coaching. It hasn't really helped the national side and to now adopt such a radical plan would cause real problems. It is an easy thing to say that it works in Spain so why not import it here, but the Championship is one of the most competitive second-tier leagues in world football.

Villas-Boas also said that he felt the gap in quality between the Premier League and the reserve league was too great, and on this point I completely agree with him. However, this has not always been the case: in my day, the top players who were not involved at the weekend were asked to play for the reserves.

Now there are too many managers worrying about their players getting their toenails broken, or getting too tired, so they would rather leave them out of the reserve picture. That is why reserve football is of a poor standard: it is full of kids, and they are not getting any competitive football against quality players.

Instead of talking about bringing in B teams, we should be thinking about how to improve the standard of reserve-team football and rejuvenate that level of the game. Top managers should be prepared to try and get their money's worth from big-name players and send them to the reserves if they aren't needed for the first team. Until such time we get good players mixing with kids in the reserves, the young players will not be improving as quickly.

When I was in the reserves for a spell at Fulham I was playing up against players from the top flight: people like Micky Hazard. Do we see any players of any real note in the reserve team these days? No we don't.

It is my view that the problem actually lies within the Premier League clubs and their managers, who refuse to utilise the reserve league properly, rather than the league structure or a lack of B teams. Adopting Villas-Boas's approach would only serve to widen the gap between the haves and the have nots and further corrupt our national game.

To tell you the truth, it makes sense, but I will be arrogant for the betterment of Chelsea at the expense of other clubs! :)

Paul Parker are you stupid?

Yeah I don't like that guy neither.

Preatty much don't like most guys from Eurosport. lol.

But he seems to take deep offense at this like some people here....

I am not English, so I don't know about the roots, like they talked about.

The bottom line is unless SOMETHING is done, something substantial, for players in the 18 to 21 age bracket then the national team will never improve. This is the biggest reason why English youngsters never reach their full potential. Do you think that when Spain lifted the World Cup the fans were concerned about the effect B teams has on their league.

At the end of the day we need to do something to help the development of young english players. Too many are dropping at this hurdle when they shouldn't be, our players can achieve so much more with the right development.

In that article the accusation is that Mangers don't utilize the reserve league properly. That is the most rubbish i have heard on this subject, the reserve set up is awful for the development of young players, awful, this needs to be addressed properly, that is a fact.

English football should take a long, hard look at itself. I understand that the "B team" system would have a very negative, if not devastating effect on the smaller clubs in England. The FA must ask themselves: Do they want to improve their showpiece (the PL) and its national side, or do they want to maintain an antiquated system that, whilst helping smaller clubs, impedes the progress of their two most popular and important jewels in their football crown?

It's a bit harsh on André, the counter arguments.

He doesn't mean any offence or hindrance to the Championship teams! He's just suggesting some improvements the reserve league must undertake. It's not JUST for big clubs but for English Football as a whole!

Didn't I started a thread last time on how Udinese(Serie A) set up a 'B' team(Granada CF) in La Liga?

If we are unable to do it locally, then do it overseas.

If anyone wats a read: http://afootballreport.com/post/6514153638/how-udinese-beat-the-system-and-stands-at-the-gates-of

I would love to see us having a B team playing in the Championship or Division 1, Obviously AVB would like

this as well .Why it isnt going to happen ...we arent the only clubs who would want this . At least 6 and probably

more would want the same. People have said put them all in one of the Blue Square leagues and let them earn promotion.

This isnt why we envy the Spanish model. Others say put them in Championship or League1,,well those divisions are

already.

Perhaps we should buy a small club in Catalunya .

Didn't I started a thread last time on how Udinese(Serie A) set up a 'B' team(Granada CF) in La Liga?

If we are unable to do it locally, then do it overseas.

If anyone wats a read: http://afootballrepo...at-the-gates-of

Best idea I heard for a while. I think everyone agrees it would be unfair for smaller clubs, if big clubs would just put their youngsters in their league.

Abramovich should just buy club which is in financial difficulity and sign partnership agreement with it. But I really don't know if it should be English club? If it can be, maybe Darlinghton or Portsmouth?

Perhaps we should buy a small club in Catalunya .

I too was thinking about the possibility to buy another club. Though I'd rather an english one, and a club based in London would be best because our loanees would be really near of us. for instance, a team like Leyton Orient, Wimbledon or Charlton.

I too was thinking about the possibility to buy another club. Though I'd rather an english one, and a club based in London would be best because our loanees would be really near of us. for instance, a team like Leyton Orient, Wimbledon or Charlton.

we would not be allowed to own two English clubs