Right back

milllz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't a pure right back?

He's adapted to the role well and is our best right back. He's better at RB than CB anyway. Plus we have enough CBs and our rotation system works well, even if we have an injury in our defence. If we get a new RB, he would just get fazed out :(.

He isn't a pure right back?

If we going to play with two strikers next season which is likely. Probably in a 442 or a diamond, We'll have to have fast wing backs to sling in crosses ( i.e Van Der Wiel or Billy Clifford). So I agree ivanovic is a excellent defender but not as a RB.

He's adapted to the role well and is our best right back. He's better at RB than CB anyway. Plus we have enough CBs and our rotation system works well, even if we have an injury in our defence. If we get a new RB, he would just get fazed out :(.

If we going to play with two strikers next season which is likely. Probably in a 442 or a diamond, We'll have to have fast wing backs to sling in crosses ( i.e Van Der Wiel or Billy Clifford). So I agree ivanovic is a excellent defender but not as a RB.

This is what I mean ^

I prefer Luiz as CB. Could be a huge risk and could destroy him. I remember Benfica fans saying he wasn't good at RB.

Of all the stupid things our club could do, moving David Luiz to right back would definitely be one of the stupidest ( fun word).

I don't get what the big deal with moving him on that right flank is. Weren't we told that he could play as DM and RB as well, apart from CB role.

I want to see Alex starting, he's one of our best central defenders. But I don't want to see Luiz as a substitute, so I hope to see him as a right back next season. He's good at going forward as well, and he's shown it in many games.

I don't get what the big deal with moving him on that right flank is. Weren't we told that he could play as DM and RB as well, apart from CB role.

I want to see Alex starting, he's one of our best central defenders. But I don't want to see Luiz as a substitute, so I hope to see him as a right back next season. He's good at going forward as well, and he's shown it in many games.

Why shouldn't he play at right back? Because he is the best young centre back on the planet, Im not sure about you but Id rather have a world class centre back than a fairly average right back. I like Alex too but Id much rather the Luiz/Terry partnership, Alex is too similar to Terry and partnerships at the back where both players are the same are never as effective as having one player attacking the ball (Terry) and the other sweeping (Luiz) which was the beauty of the Terry/Carvalho partnership, what an absolutely waste of a talent it would be if we flogged David Luiz out to right back.

I think it will be necessary to get a new RB if Bosingwa leaves, however I think it should a young player who can grow into the position, someone who is happy to play second fiddle to Ivanovic while he grows into the position. That way we are grooming a RB while Ivanovic gets a lot of game time and stays happy, also allowing Terry, Alex and Luiz plenty of game time too.

I think it will be necessary to get a new RB if Bosingwa leaves, however I think it should a young player who can grow into the position, someone who is happy to play second fiddle to Ivanovic while he grows into the position. That way we are grooming a RB while Ivanovic gets a lot of game time and stays happy, also allowing Terry, Alex and Luiz plenty of game time too.

kyle walker?

Billy clifford looks pretty much the solution for our long standing RB-Problem, but as long as we have Luiz/Alex/Terry for IV and Bane all four of them worldclass defenders its hard for me to imagine that billy will get his chance while bane is fit and rareing to play...

would love a bit of rotation for billy and for the teams sake...

Alex/Luiz and Terry/ rotating vor de CB position and from while to while Ban too for maybe Terry so billy can grab his chance billy and Ryan are our best full-back-prospects imho... despite many ppl thinking pva was better than ryan, I can assure you... he's not... while pva is a superb LB too, bertrand is much more matured I would love seeing them both taking the LB-Startespot to the wire every week at training...

so we have no real problem before we buy vdw why take that risk and dont promote billy whom has as much talent as vdw?

Billy clifford looks pretty much the solution for our long standing RB-Problem, but as long as we have Luiz/Alex/Terry for IV and Bane all four of them worldclass defenders its hard for me to imagine that billy will get his chance while bane is fit and rareing to play...

would love a bit of rotation for billy and for the teams sake...

Alex/Luiz and Terry/ rotating vor de CB position and from while to while Ban too for maybe Terry so billy can grab his chance billy and Ryan are our best full-back-prospects imho... despite many ppl thinking pva was better than ryan, I can assure you... he's not... while pva is a superb LB too, bertrand is much more matured I would love seeing them both taking the LB-Startespot to the wire every week at training...

so we have no real problem before we buy vdw why take that risk and dont promote billy whom has as much talent as vdw?

Im not sure Billy is quite ready to play first team football regularly, thereason i say this is that if Ivanovic gets injured would we be confident with Billy starting at RB? I dont think so, which is why id rather bring in a young International with maybe some Champions League Experience.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You