Right back

milllz

Because Bosingwa is shit and Ivanovic ain't a right back.

You seem to forget that we won the double while having Ivanovic as a right back, and that this season he was one of our best players, if not the best. I don't think he deserves to warm the bench, and as Vincent said, there are not too many right backs around...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to forget that we won the double while having Ivanovic as a right back, and that this season he was one of our best players, if not the best. I don't think he deserves to warm the bench, and as Vincent said, there are not too many right backs around...

Maybe.

But he can't cross, he can't dribble, he is slow. All the contrary of a modern right back. My bigger concern is when he faces pacy winger. Against United and Tottenham, he has shown that he was too slow too handle Bale and Nani.

And at the end of the day, we gotta have a real right back. To play players out of position is a real disease at our club...

ps : don't get me wrong, i ain't saying he's done a poor job for us.

Guest justin_3d

vd Wiel aint really explosive believe me, maybe on the clips you'll find on youtube. But if you watch him for 90 minutes he's not more then a decent player. The last half of the season in the Eredivisie (The Mickey Mouse League) he was even terrible. All Ajax fans will agree that with me. He was tired and didn't come as often up front as he did earlier. He also made more mistakes and I think he's way below Chelsea's standards. The problem is there are not many good right backs only Dani Alves is pretty good, also Ivan is. So why should we change that? We have Ivan as RB with Bosingwa as back-up even PF. Central we have D.Luiz and Terry with Alex as back-up even Bruma. LB we have Cole with Bertrand and v Aanholt. I don't see why we should need another defender. I would go for some creativity on the midfield, and give the youth a chance as back-up. We can't ruin a player like McEachran, can we?

It's funny cause i remember some exact same argument being said about Suarez.

Not sure if it was you or some other guy, that watches the dutch league. But they said the same exact thing you are saying about VDW, and look at him now...

Folks are saying Bran aint a RB even after more than two years at the position for both club and country(has also won RB of the year in the EPL award)

yet are happy to state that Luiz is a CB when he`s only played the position the same amount of time that Bran has played RB.

interesting..

i personally would let Bran keep the spot as his, with Billy Clifford being his understudy..if Billy don`t pan out there are other options that could be tried out already at the club.

if you can`t ever give a kid the chance to become a man then he`s never gonna prove himself to be one...is only a football game we talking about throwing these kids into, not some war where younger kids than these have already been killed. you get 16 weeks training before you go to war,these kids have been training to play just football for 10 years and more.

some folks sound like overprotective mums,when it comes to the youngsters in the academy...yet if Billy Clifford had played like he did last year in a shitty league some of those same people would be saying we should spend millions on getting him i`m sure.

i love Ferriera for his loyalty to the club but i think it`s got to the point now where like with Anelka and Kalou,he`s blocking the path to the future. when his play these days does not warrant it.

i personally would let Bran keep the spot as his, with Billy Clifford being his understudy..if Billy don`t pan out there are other options that could be tried out already at the club.

if you can`t ever give a kid the chance to become a man then he`s never gonna prove himself to be one...is only a football game we talking about throwing these kids into, not some war where younger kids than these have already been killed. you get 16 weeks training before you go to war,these kids have been training to play just football for 10 years and more.

Totally agree with you mate!

Why can't we use Billy as an understudy when we see Dalglish using 18year olds to start as full-backs! It's the most logical decision to have Billy Clifford & Ryan Bertrand as full back under studies now. No need to buy.

Maybe.

But he can't cross, he can't dribble, he is slow. All the contrary of a modern right back. My bigger concern is when he faces pacy winger. Against United and Tottenham, he has shown that he was too slow too handle Bale and Nani.

And at the end of the day, we gotta have a real right back. To play players out of position is a real disease at our club...

I understand what are you trying to say, and I wouldn't object if we bought a right back of Dani Alves' quality, but unfortunately we can't. Van der Wiel had a bad season, and imo Ivanovic can do a better job then him.

Maybe.

Dani Alves and Maicon would be also too slow. If an attacker comes to you at speed you can't stop him by running, because he started earlier and he's on speed. Ivan is fabulous, he has a great tackle and most important the good attitude!

It's funny cause i remember some exact same argument being said about Suarez.

Not sure if it was you or some other guy, that watches the dutch league. But they said the same exact thing you are saying about VDW, and look at him now...

That wasn't me, but i could've been negative about him. I'm more into the real English soccer with good attitude, not the diving and stuff like Neymar, Ronaldo and Suarez.

Guest justin_3d

Dani Alves and Maicon would be also too slow. If an attacker comes to you at speed you can't stop him by running, because he started earlier and he's on speed. Ivan is fabulous, he has a great tackle and most important the good attitude!

That wasn't me, but i could've been negative about him. I'm more into the real English soccer with good attitude, not the diving and stuff like Neymar, Ronaldo and Suarez.

Forgot to mention Drogba there as well!

But Drogba has matured a lot from those days.

Same can happen to these guys.

I've always said that too to so many ppl. It's true he doesn't dive but goes down like he's been sniped when he is touched even minimally. He must be 15 stone ish, he really should bully people much more than he does.

It's acting to get a set-play. They're both forms of cheating/conning the referee.

One's with contact, the other's without contact. Feigning contact is unlawful, exaggerating contact isn't, as proved when these acts don't get reprimands from the ref, while diving does.

One's with contact, the other's without contact. Feigning contact is unlawful, exaggerating contact isn't, as proved when these acts don't get reprimands from the ref, while diving does.

Oh come on Max..

If Drogba didn't play for us we'd all be slaughtering him. Call and apple and apple. He cheats when he does that (which is less frequent now in fairness). He deliberately tries to take an innocent tackle and turn it into a foul with the theatrics in an attempt to stop play so we get the ball.

That's cheating in my book. It's the same intention as diving.

Guest justin_3d

For the last time : Drogba doesn't dive, he exaggerates contact.

Same stuff.

Drogba is still in the categories of those that try to get one over the ref. like those names you mention, like Barcelona team and such.

We have them all over the place. In our team, our opposing team.

Same stuff.

Drogba is still in the categories of those that try to get one over the ref. like those names you mention, like Barcelona team and such.

We have them all over the place. In our team, our opposing team.

He wants the best for the team and wants to win. If that requires to drop on the ground a few times then I won't judge him. It is irritating to the opposition, but I don't hear people complain when we bring 3 points...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You