Birmingham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bit of trepidation about this game and our upcoming fixtures, but I am curious to see how/if our youngsters perform. I don't see any way around putting in Bruma. Though his game against Newcastle in the CC was rather poor, we need to give him a chance as Ferreira was awful at CB against the Mackems.

The last time we had injuries this bad (06/07) it cost us the title. I don't think the same will happen. Whoever wins the title this season will be the team who is literally the least shit out of us, Arsenal, United and City. I say that because this league is so god-damn competitive at the minute! I can see us losing again this weekend.

True and even that we still did a double so hopfully...

Yeh not that optmistic for this game and this was before the injuries.Tough tough fixture,draw or a loss can see...

Horrible dodgy period starts early it seems :S

Have To seriously play a 4-4-2 for this game, We haven't been able to dominate the Mid field lately therefore our front three are getting some horrible service.

Cech

Cole-Bruma-Ivanovic-Bosingwa

Malouda-Obi Mikel-Ramires-Zhirkov

Drogba-Sturridge

( Sturridge been in good Reserve from deserves a start)

Cech

******** - Ivanovic - Alex - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Malouda

Kalou - Drogba - Anelka

So finally we see Malouda in the midfield, the one time Zhirkov can't play. Carlo's contemplating putting Ferreira at right back because Bos played 90mins vs Spain mid-week. Zhirkov has a minor hamstring problem.

I hope Bosingwa is the chosen right-back. Will be a very good squad if he is.

Great to have Alex back in the middle but I think we're playing too many half-fit players in Drogba, Alex, Malouda and Ash. Our midfield will function (slightly) better with Malouda but from what Carlo said it sounded like he'd have played Zhirkov had he been available, can't be happy about that.

Kalou - Drogba - Anelka

Surely it's the other way around?

I'm glad having Malouda in midfield, hope he just restores shape and presence a bit.

Bosingwa better play at RB, rather him than Paolo. Carr will be a threat though and the other guy I can't say his name

ANY WIN WILL DO, 3 POINTS. Would be great

I had a dream where we threw away a 3 - 1 lead though...

FML Paolo starts...ah well, Rambo and Mikel will lock down the right hand side blue%20scalf.gif

Birmingham: Foster, Carr, Johnson, Dann, Ridgewell, Larsson, Ferguson, Bowyer, Fahey, Jerome, Zigic. Subs: Doyle, Phillips, Derbyshire, Michel, Hleb, Beausejour, Jiranek.Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Alex, Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba, Kalou. Subs: Turnbull, Bosingwa, Sturridge, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Kakuta, McEachran.

Referee: Mark Halsey (Lancashire)