Chelsea vs Sunderland

BlueLion.

We went into this season under the premise that the players let go would be replaced witjh exceptional young players like Bruma. Ancelotti said a 4th senior central defender was not needed because Bruma can fill in. Well that was a load of sh1t.

That meant a defensive pairing of Branislav Ivanovic and Paulo Ferreira, but Ancelotti did not put the defeat down to personnel, firstly explaining his decision to pick the Portuguese over youngster Jeffrey Bruma in the middle.

'I had more confidence in Ferreira for this game, because I saw him in the training sessions,' he said.

- Ancelotti

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went into this season under the premise that the players let go would be replaced witjh exceptional young players like Bruma. Ancelotti said a 4th senior central defender was not needed because Bruma can fill in. Well that was a load of sh1t.

And so Bruma is to blame because of a poor performance by the whole team on the day?

What the hell is your problem and with the youth? Why do you expect them to just come into the first team and play world class? A player has to be able to play in a world class team before becoming a world class player, and today we were not close to world class, and i know that with only the result!

I guess you want us to re-sign Zola, Poyet, Wise, Wilkins, Desailly and Di Matteo as players and get rid of all the youth right? Hell, why not get Carlo on the feild!

Not seen the game but from the result itself, someone needs to slap those players in the face and to remember how to be the Chelsea that was scoring for fun!

Reading from these comments, i have learnt:

1. Zhrikov is ineffective as midfeilder.

2. Styles doesn't know anything about youth.

3. We need better squad depth come January

4. This team isn't as good without Lamps and Terry.

Like i said, i haven't seen the match as last week also, but the result should speak for itself. It is simply not good enough if we want to win anything this season, and i am hoping the next time i actually get to see Chelsea play, they are the boys that are feared as the mighty lions.

January we need to bring in some players to add depth, be it someone likd Begovic or Aguero/Lukaku. We need to spend the money we haven't been able too.

December is going to be the make it or break it month for us in the league, and i am hoping we can win all our matches from now on.

We are still top of the table, and if we can turn this around, then hopefully we will be at the top and never pushed off as we reach for the crowns. Screw the CL, our any other competition in the future, we need to put all our attention in every game as they come and nothing else.

blue%20scalf.gif Come on Chelsea!

If you havent watched a game then DON't judge

Styles is right about the youth

and you In My Opinion DON't HAVE A Clue

Not seen the game but from the result itself, someone needs to slap those players in the face and to remember how to be the Chelsea that was scoring for fun!

Reading from these comments, i have learnt:

1. Zhrikov is ineffective as midfeilder.

2. Styles doesn't know anything about youth.

3. We need better squad depth come January

4. This team isn't as good without Lamps and Terry.

Like i said, i haven't seen the match as last week also, but the result should speak for itself. It is simply not good enough if we want to win anything this season, and i am hoping the next time i actually get to see Chelsea play, they are the boys that are feared as the mighty lions.

January we need to bring in some players to add depth, be it someone likd Begovic or Aguero/Lukaku. We need to spend the money we haven't been able too.

December is going to be the make it or break it month for us in the league, and i am hoping we can win all our matches from now on.

We are still top of the table, and if we can turn this around, then hopefully we will be at the top and never pushed off as we reach for the crowns. Screw the CL, our any other competition in the future, we need to put all our attention in every game as they come and nothing else.

blue%20scalf.gif Come on Chelsea!

If you havent watched a game then DON't judge

Styles is right about the youth

and you In My Opinion DON't HAVE A Clue

- Ancelotti

That is pretty damning. Paulo has looked nothing short of embarrassing every time he's played at CB. Anybody remember that awful game at Anfield in 07?

Bruma just signed a new 5 year contract hasn't he? LOL. Another useless player on a long contract. Chelsea never learn.

And so Bruma is to blame because of a poor performance by the whole team on the day?

What the hell is your problem and with the youth? Why do you expect them to just come into the first team and play world class? A player has to be able to play in a world class team before becoming a world class player, and today we were not close to world class, and i know that with only the result!

I guess you want us to re-sign Zola, Poyet, Wise, Wilkins, Desailly and Di Matteo as players and get rid of all the youth right? Hell, why not get Carlo on the feild!

Because the senior squad was reduced to its bare bones because apparently we have some very good youngsters. That was a lie, they were just cost-cutting. We're trying to beat Arsenal to that financial prudence title that they have won for 5 years straight :champions:

Desailly would easily be fourth choice. Di Matteo would start ahead of Yuri and Ramires. Could do with Zola, more talent in his little toe than Kalou.

Styles and Kostas grow up.

18 yo player ar unexperienced. And CBs get better with experience.

Styles if you don't know Carlo rates Bruma, he said for UEFA that he is a player with big potential.

No comment
Every player gets better with experience, what's your point?
Styles if you don't know Carlo rates Bruma, he said for UEFA that he is a player with big potential.
Actions speak louder than words.

He has no faith in him. What he says is meaningless nonsense to please the masses.

He's 19 by the way. One year older than Blackburn centre back Phil Jones who is already a very good player and has played 22 games for Blackburn.

Carlo said he wanted to keep ballack, but look what happend.. and so on and so forth.

Why waste words on deaf ears?

Watch as they grow into players if you want, either here or somewhere else. I will let my judgement be ready when the times come, but all i am saying is, if the whole team plays under par then why is it the future (or so called) players be judged for it? To be fair, shouldn't it be the more experienced players that should be the ones who should be blamed if anyone as they have already had the vital experience?

But, i believe that our judgement should be that we had an off day and we should let this be a lesson. For the whole team, and the young players that made a cameo.

Every player gets better with experience, what's your point?

Yes but Brumas problem is he is not that strong. We saw him in pre-season, he was great against Palace, not bad in Germany.

If you watched him play against Ukraine, he was good. Even though Sheva is a bit old but he handled him good.You could have seen what his game is.

He is great at passing from back, IMO beats Ivanovic there, but lacks strength and toughness.

Getting a bit of control now arent we? a defeat against a not bad side and weve condemned Carlo as a shit yes man who got lucky last season, bruma as the worst player today despite being a sub and so on and so forth... it was a bad day but were stilll top so i dont think were in a position to critisize untill that changes..

I am the only one not getting the "we're still top argument" ?

Will you start knee-jerking if we drop to 2nd or 3rd for a short period?

There are obviously some big problems, ignoring them just cause we're still first helps as much as asking for the head of Carlo/Ramires/Zhirkov/Kalou/Roman etc.