La Liga Thread

Steve

I think Mou totally f*cked up yesterday. Ramos at center half? Lass instead of Khdeira? And Ronaldo on the left versus Alves and Puyol? Not that Ronaldo would have done any good yesterday even he was marked by a 5yo; totally rubish, Mourinho shouldn't have kept him more than 20mins on the field let alone keep him for 90.

The substitutions made no sense to me as well. I mean, why take off Ozil real's best player in the first half and the only one in the team who could make a pass. Then taking off Di maria meant that real lost any hope of keeping the ball in the middle and of the two strikers getting any service.

I think Mou totally f*cked up yesterday. Ramos at center half? Lass instead of Khdeira? And Ronaldo on the left versus Alves and Puyol? Not that Ronaldo would have done any good yesterday even he was marked by a 5yo; totally rubish, Mourinho shouldn't have kept him more than 20mins on the field let alone keep him for 90.

The substitutions made no sense to me as well. I mean, why take off Ozil real's best player in the first half and the only one in the team who could make a pass. Then taking off Di maria meant that real lost any hope of keeping the ball in the middle and of the two strikers getting any service.

Mate Ramos has been playing centre back ever since Carvalho got injured and he has been quite excellent at centre back in that time, a far better option than Raul Albiol, I've never been Sergio's biggest fan (always considered him a vastly overrated right back) but he has completely won me over as a centre back. Diarra over Khedira proved to be the right decision, Lass was Madrid's best player on the night, pressed well, covered a lot of ground and made some jawdropping tackles, I like Khedira but for this game Lass was the right choice.

Though I agree Ronaldo was poor, a shame because he has been in such good form this season. Someone as mentally tough as he is will bounce back from this.

Barcelona's 2nd goal was very lucky but they were still far better than Madrid. The pressing and putting pressure on the Barca back 4 worked but it was only going to work up to a certain point. Players will tire very quickly chasing down Barca players like that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wonderful Copa Del Rey game last night between Real Madrid and Malaga. I missed the first half but caught the second half, I can honestly say it was one of the best half's of football I've seen this season. Malaga took a 2-0 lead in the first half, Mourinho dramatically made 3 substitutions at half time, all of them paid off with Khedira and Benzema each grabbing a goal and Mesut Ozil putting in a virtuoso performance. The third goal in particular was vintage Madrid, football at its very best. Malaga played well for their part, got the 2 goal lead, defended well early on in the second half and always looked a threat on the counter, but there are few sides who could possibly keep Madrid out once they got going in the second half. After the dull, bland and unimaginative Man City vs Liverpool game, this one was a breath of fresh air.

Wonderful Copa Del Rey game last night between Real Madrid and Malaga. I missed the first half but caught the second half, I can honestly say it was one of the best half's of football I've seen this season. Malaga took a 2-0 lead in the first half, Mourinho dramatically made 3 substitutions at half time, all of them paid off with Khedira and Benzema each grabbing a goal and Mesut Ozil putting in a virtuoso performance. The third goal in particular was vintage Madrid, football at its very best. Malaga played well for their part, got the 2 goal lead, defended well early on in the second half and always looked a threat on the counter, but there are few sides who could possibly keep Madrid out once they got going in the second half. After the dull, bland and unimaginative Man City vs Liverpool game, this one was a breath of fresh air.

I felt sorry for Pelgrini :lol:

Am i the only one who thinks Madrid have got Barca this season?

They are 5 points clear and yeh i know Barca won at The Bernabeu but they haven't been as good as last year and Madrid seem so hungry to win this and we all know Mourinho has form for stopping teams that look unstoppable (IE Arsenals "invincibles").

On Sergi Roberto :

In the first half, Barça was mainly playing on the left side, so we didn't see too much of him. Though, that's certain he has a good passing and dribbling ability. He has lost the ball which led to Osasuna's goal, although to his defence, he inherited the ball in a difficult situation and was under big pressure. The second half has shown he is also able to score (link to his goal).

So, if our interest in him is genuine, it could be a good sign (even if there's a "Fabregas-esque" risk).

On Sergi Roberto :

In the first half, Barça was mainly playing on the left side, so we didn't see too much of him. Though, that's certain he has a good passing and dribbling ability. He has lost the ball which led to Osasuna's goal, although to his defence, he inherited the ball in a difficult situation and was under big pressure. The second half has shown he is also able to score (link to his goal).

So, if our interest in him is genuine, it could be a good sign (even if there's a "Fabregas-esque" risk).

Don't want another Barca youth player, they will all inevitably want to go back.

On Sergi Roberto :

Well, he sure can finish. That's a very good goal.