Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He IMHO is getting better and better each week.

MOTM displays against Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Bolton, Fullham already, the stick he was getting at the start was a joke, even rival fans are still jumping on that bandwagon.

He is sum player and will be key to our future.

Guest justin_3d

Allow me to clear up, in case I'm being viewed as someone who hates Ramires. I have nothing against him as player, the role he plays, he plays is superbly. He's only 23 and can only get better in that role.

My issue is simple and clear, we don't need him. The type of player we should have bought for £18million is an attacking midfielder, not another Essien/Mikel type player. For £18million we could have signed Ozil.

So once again, nothing against Ramires. I just think we need a more attacking player.

Fair point and I agree. But Ramires i think is sort of the Ballack/Essien replacement. Ballack out and we needed a new player. And Essien gets injured a lot, so that has been very bad for us.So Ramires is a very good player to have bought. But the attacking player is still needed, and should be bought in the summer coming up.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that we overpaid for him. As for the rest,the jury is still out.

Nope good money spend on him. He is worth it.

Overall Ramires is a good player, who should slowly fade out Essien. I think Ramirez, Mikel and Josh are the attack of our future. Essien is of the old guard, yet he still is a very important player that when in form is a great midfield. But Mikel, Josh and Ramires are more creative force then Mikel, Essien.

Nope good money spend on him. He is worth it.

Some old posts you've dug up there.

I stand by that post despite his games recently. Now if he can perform like in the Fulham game against United, City etc I might consider having second thoughts.

Guest justin_3d

Some old posts you've dug up there.

I stand by that post despite his games recently. Now if he can perform like in the Fulham game against United, City etc I might consider having second thoughts.

Face it, you are wrong!

Fair point and I agree. But Ramires i think is sort of the Ballack/Essien replacement. Ballack out and we needed a new player. And Essien gets injured a lot, so that has been very bad for us.So Ramires is a very good player to have bought. But the attacking player is still needed, and should be bought in the summer coming up.

Yeah I still stand by that comment. We could've got a much better player instead. Not knocking Ramires, just thinking tactically.

Ramires has been a bit of a revelation though. He shows passion and intent, a bright spark when the rest of our players are laggy and lethargic. I hope there is a lot more to come from him though.

Guest justin_3d

Yeah I still stand by that comment. We could've got a much better player instead. Not knocking Ramires, just thinking tactically.

Ramires has been a bit of a revelation though. He shows passion and intent, a bright spark when the rest of our players are laggy and lethargic. I hope there is a lot more to come from him though.

No I honestly think Ramires was the best we could have got.

Carlo is building a team, and he started working on the midfield first. That is what he saw what was needed last summer, as Essien was injured a lot. Ramires add that extra pace that we lack with Essien.

Now he has gone and bought a defender to improve our defense.

Torres...i don't think that was a Carlo buy, but Roman buy.

Next he will of course work in the creative force....that's is if Carlo still our coach.

But I hope he stays for a season or two, cause i can see what he is trying to build.

Yossi was a very good player to make a quickly replacement of Deco till he can get a better player or our youth improve. Just pity he got injured.

No I honestly think Ramires was the best we could have got.

Carlo is building a team, and he started working on the midfield first. That is what he saw what was needed last summer, as Essien was injured a lot. Ramires add that extra pace that we lack with Essien.

Now he has gone and bought a defender to improve our defense.

Yeah you could be right, thinking about the start of the season now. We all know how blind management became back then, ignoring the fact we'd lost our sense of creativity :lol: