Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Think if we dont sign any midfielders in January,Jose should look at Chalobah and give him afew games as he liked what he saw in pre-season,as this loan hasnt progressed him as everybody probly thought it would.

I would agree had his loan reports been very impressive. Like Josh, Nathaniel is not a regular starter and I must put this down to form. I know one can argue he would find it easier to settle in playing with us because of the better players around him but if he wants to earn starts and a place here he has to prove it out on loan first imo. If we bring him back from his loan to not play we are wasting him imo. He needs games and even if he has not been that impressive at Forest, he will know he needs to step up his performances a notch. Sounds harsh but I would not be content with settling with a player to come in midfield for us while he can not get in a Championship team on a consistent basis and I highly doubt Jose will be willing to take that risk.

I would agree had his loan reports been very impressive. Like Josh, Nathaniel is not a regular starter and I must put this down to form. I know one can argue he would find it easier to settle in playing with us because of the better players around him but if he wants to earn starts and a place here he has to prove it out on loan first imo. If we bring him back from his loan to not play we are wasting him imo. He needs games and even if he has not been that impressive at Forest, he will know he needs to step up his performances a notch. Sounds harsh but I would not be content with settling with a player to come in midfield for us while he can not get in a Championship team on a consistent basis and I highly doubt Jose will be willing to take that risk.

Yeah agree with this current loan but sometimes these just dont work out for different reasons,but the watford 1 did work out and we will need some sort of backup in Cm imho from now to end of season

The loan deals for young players are there to get them used to consequential football, not to turn them from academy players into Premier League ones. It time to start easing Chalobah into the first team with games here and there, as was begun with Josh and then abandoned. Barkley never impressed in the Championship either, now look at him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9099162/

Chalobah linked with a move to Middlesbrough and they are, apparently, looking to agree on some loan deals with us.

They want Essien too. I spoke with Mark Proctor yesterday and he confirmed this.

Barkley hardly set the world alight last year look at him now.

yes, maybe, but its probably easier to get in to Everton's team than in to ours. Evereton often dont have the money to spend big on players and so they try to utilize more academy players. we in contraire are a top team and its way harder for a young player to get into it if you arent even expressing yourself at your loan. Me, personally would give him a shot, but I dont think Mou will do it. looking at Madrid, he mostly played Morata (who was one of the best in the Castilla) for example or Nacho (probably the best defender of the Castilla).

Also Mou already said that he will start our best players against Derby, so no chance for the youngsters beside maybe the 2nd half if we have a solid result by then.

He didn't suck last year in the Championship, he's just struggled at Forest this year. Last year he did enough did deserve a chance in my opinion.

He's a terrible defender and has a poor workrate/engine.

I'm not surprised he's getting booed every other game at Forest.