Alex

DavidEU

As of now, I think Alex needs to stay.

Ivanovic is probably the best RB, (yes, better than Bosingwa defensively). Attacking wise, I think he just needs to improve on his crosses.

Not sure if you guys noticed it but Terry's performance is being on a decline for the past 2 season, his performance is getting inconsistent though his commitment makes up. However having Alex would give so much option to a manager, say Terry is giving so rest to recover we still have Ivanovic/Luiz - Luiz/Ivanovic - Alex - Cole running the show which i feel is still a very very strong backline. Alex is a real talent selling him off would again mean that Chelsea doesnt respect talent.

We wont sell Alex. I know were one of the shittest teams in the transfer market like in history but even this would top the list of idiocy. Alex is at his peak, perfect age and he's so strong. Terry was actually very good last season and Alex hardly played so it can't be judged on last season but JT aint getting any younger. I love Alex, world class defender and a very good footballer in general.

If we get rid of Alex, i'd be gutted.

You only have to look at his last 2 games since he came back from injury- A brilliant second half performance against United including a wonderful off the line clearance and goal-saving tackle and against Newcastle where he scored a goal which could have won us the game.

He is very reliable as well- the only mistakes I have ever seen him make were against Newcastle away (mix up with Cech) and Newcastle home (poor pass, JT has to make bad tackle they score a lucky goal from the free kick)

On the subject of free-kicks he offers something else to Drogba and lets face it, when they go in they are brilliant. I love big 'Al and it would be a horrible decision to let him go.

Id keep him. but Bluelion i have a alex 33 shirt too and most of the time when i just get a shirt the player leaves the next season. so i hope that karma isnt affected here. When as people mentioned above. terry out ivanovic luiz suspended. who are we left with much. Bruma? we already got rid of mancienne. Paulo? Shift someone back there. I think on that thought it would be better to keep alex.

Besides who else apart from Drogba (who also might leave) is going to strike them powerful 30+ yard free kicks.

Selling Mancienne and a loan move for Bruma would reaffirm that we are not selling Alex this summer... at least if we have an ounce of common sense.

Ivanovic should be converted to a full-time RB now, every time he is moved back to his 'natural' position he always seems to be the one caught out. Alex, Luiz and Terry should form our central defence, Ferreira and Ivanovic on the right, Cole and Bertrand (and Zhirkov and Patch) on the left.

• 2 weeks later...

Why? Alex isn't a guaranteed 1st team regular here, and he would be there. I'm think that they'll sign Boateng though.

Well mainly because I rate him, but also because all we've done this transfer window is get rid of people. He's always a good option to have .

Well mainly because I rate him, but also because all we've done this transfer window is get rid of people. He's always a good option to have .

Well you can't say the transfer ain't happening because you "rate" the player. I watched Bayern play last season and they were terrible with their defending, so they'll try to sign a good CB for sure in this transfer period. I do hope it's going to be Boateng though like I said.

I hate to say this but Alex should leave if he won't be guaranteed first team football. how can our best central defender be relegated to the bench as a fringe player. only at chelsea. Alex deserves better and as the saying goes "you don't realise the value of what you have until you lose it"