Alex

DavidEU

If we're to sell one of our centre-backs, it should be Ivanovic. The fact he's been shifted out to right-back means that both Ancelotti and Hiddink preferred Alex, Carvalho and Terry at the time, and yes, his versatility is exceptional, but if we're supposed to be signing van der Wiel - as well as keeping Ferreira - if anyone is now surplus to requirements, its Alex.

Plus, the amount of 'ALEX 33' shirts I have dictates that he should stay.

sell him we dont need him anymore! Van der wiel luiz terry cole! ivanovic as backup!

Luiz will be world class soon, he's definitely on his way. But we still need Alex until this happens.

I agree we need VdW though.

This would decrease our squad depth.We know that every season we have injuries,and leaving only Terry and Luiz fit (considering Ivanovic will play right back) we could be in trouble again.We should just rotate like most big teams do and keep our players happy.

Alex is a machine and i want him to stay and i am sure many supporters do.

This would decrease our squad depth.We know that every season we have injuries,and leaving only Terry and Luiz fit (considering Ivanovic will play right back) we could be in trouble again.We should just rotate like most big teams do and keep our players happy.

Alex is a machine and i want him to stay and i am sure many supporters do.

^ This.

I'm hoping he does not leave. Love the man. Great defender and a great free kick taker. In big games, you need the experience of an experienced man like Alex, and if he leaves we will all no doubt miss him and feel his absence. I'd much rather Alex before Luiz in a game against a team like Barcelona, or Real Madrid.