Sergio Reguilón

NikkiCFC

23 hours ago, Fernando said:

Thanks, but I still will stick with a proven Premier English player. 

I have no doubt we will get at least 5 good years from Chilwell. 

PL proven is a ridiculous thing to say. All of the current top top players in their positions in the PL 90% came from other leagues and were already at good levels so its hardly as if buying from abroad is necessarily a bad thing.

For the price and potential Regulion has to get him for 25-35m euros he would be worth it if he kept improving the way he did this season. People will say he only plays for Sevilla or he didnt play that good v United etc but hes just been voted La Liga LB of the season which when you consider the likes of Marcelo, Alba, Mendy etc play in Spain, all who would probably walk into most PL top teams, that is a mean feat. Even if some maybe had off seasons or whatever, Farlan Mendy had a very good season for Real so for him to have gotten in ahead of him shows he is a good player. 

Also when was the last time we signed a good English player from another PL team? Barkley? Nope. Drinkwater? Nope. Chilwell is a good player but look at the English price addition, Harry Maguire just left Leciester for 80m the previous season. Thats the benchmark for Leicester. I dont think Chilwell really had an oustanding season either to warrant that cash, neither had Maguire when United got him, although BC did play well at times but the difference if there is one between him and Regulion (again from what Ive seen in La Liga and Europa games, Id argue the Spaniard is slightly better) would be very marginal. If at all. But he's English so he will be the preferred choice I would think because we seem to have a hard on for English players at present hence the links with Sancho (warranted bar huge price probably unattainable this summer for us), Chilwell (if he was 30-40m I would say yes go for it if he is number 1 choice), Ben White (no PL experience for over 40m?), Lewis Dunk (please god no), Nick Pope (think hes had a good year but screams Begovic 2.0 so unless hes a number 2... not so sure). Plus people want Kai Havertz right? Weve already spent closer to 100mn on Werner and Ziyech, do they think we are gonna spend 65+ M on a LB, buy Havertz for 80-90m and then buy another top CB and a new GK as well? We should of signed Kieran Tierney before Arsenal. 100% better than both. 25m was a steal. Yet someone would say he played in SPL I suppose but where do they think we got Billy Gilmour from or where Southampton got Wanyama, van Dijk etc? Or where Hull got Andy Robertson who could have played higher than a relegated team if I am completely honest.

Buying from within the PL isnt always necessarily going to assure anything and I am still surprised people have that mentality when you look at how Torres, Barkley and Drinkwater turned out. Fair does Kante and Cahill are opposition to that argument but what top team has signed someone from another PL club where theyve gone on and done very well in the last 10 years? Sadio Mane and van Dijk obvious ones with Liverpool. Kante to us under Conte. Cahill to us with AVB. City with Sterling. Lukaku to Everton then United. Van Persie to United. 

Top clubs are buying from foreign leagues for a reason: much much better value for money. 

also if your spending 65m + on a fullback and only expecting 4 or 5 good seasons, buy someone else. The club will be expecting Chilwell if he does come here to give 7, 8 or 9 seasons at a high level. Or at least I would be. 65m is a lot to invest in a defender. 

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not taking anything away from Davies or Trent but do you think they're massively aided by coming into a team at their absolute peak? Compared to our boys who are coming through together in what was already a flawed inconsistent team anyway. I can't help but feel RJ 10 years older coming into our team with the old guard in their pomp he'd have exploded similarly, Callum aswell.

Odoi probably would, RJ maybe.

So far RJ has been rather overrated. Not that consistent with crossing, given he poped a few long range shots last season; he has done realy bad in that regard this season. Defensively hot and cold, but he is young and will improve. Finaly his attitude is just shit. He is like that kid on high horse, thinking he has done it all, while he should be busting his ass for the team. Its harsh to put it this way, but its quite true.

22 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Odoi probably would, RJ maybe.

So far RJ has been rather overrated. Not that consistent with crossing, given he poped a few long range shots last season; he has done realy bad in that regard this season. Defensively hot and cold, but he is young and will improve. Finaly his attitude is just shit. He is like that kid on high horse, thinking he has done it all, while he should be busting his ass for the team. Its harsh to put it this way, but its quite true.

The bolded part is the most frustrating part about him. He takes things too easy when he should be energetic and showing more urgency to his game. Even to take a throwing takes him 5 minutes, he's never quick in decision making and I don't know any fullback who has ever made it to the top with that kind of laid back attitude. 

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not taking anything away from Davies or Trent but do you think they're massively aided by coming into a team at their absolute peak? Compared to our boys who are coming through together in what was already a flawed inconsistent team anyway. I can't help but feel RJ 10 years older coming into our team with the old guard in their pomp he'd have exploded similarly, Callum aswell.

Davie's physical toolkit is vastly superior to Reece, and he is also technical and has a great footballing brain. There is a massive gulf between the two atm IMHO. Not saying Reece cannot start to narrow it, but it is not even close atm. 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Davie's physical toolkit is vastly superior to Reece, and he is also technical and has a great footballing brain. There is a massive gulf between the two atm IMHO. Not saying Reece cannot start to narrow it, but it is not even close atm. 

Have to agree completely. He has such confidence in his own ability as well which helps but his commitment to learning a new position which much like Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool, was the only place he was realistically only ever gonna get a proper chance to come into their team, has been incredible. Much people talk about him offensively but his defensive play and the recoveries he's made this season have been incredible too in regards to the distances he’s got back from higher up and also his timing.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Tbf Davies came into the Bayern team when they were really struggling with Kovac due to injuries and performed really well. Hasnt looked back and has got better and better since. Reece has got potential undoubtedly but if he perhaps had the same enthusiasm or drive that it would seem Davies has, he would be a better player. In my eyes as well, Davies has undoubtedly transformed that Bayern team as he adds a huge dimension both offensively and defensively, it also allows Alaba to play at CB and they can play a much higher line. Obviously Bayern and Liverpool with TAA are in better nick than us right now but again Trent started playing in a Liverpool side that still had huge flaws until they sorted those at CB and GK and as I said with Bayern, Davies started making an impression with Kovac (although Kovac did drop him to the reserves at one point). 

One thing about Davies though is that he get caught up or beaten, but he is so quick he always recovers. Thats something completely new about fullbacks and it could sort of change the role and type of player wanted for that role. 

There were quick defenders before who could catch opponent, but rarely did anyone take advantage of that like Davies does. Its like a new thing. He is just amazing.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

The bolded part is the most frustrating part about him. He takes things too easy when he should be energetic and showing more urgency to his game. Even to take a throwing takes him 5 minutes, he's never quick in decision making and I don't know any fullback who has ever made it to the top with that kind of laid back attitude. 

we will have to wait and see. He will get his chance, but if he keeps that mentality, hopefuly nothing more. RLC is another one. 

Do these young english players go through fancy schools and pack 50k a week and Lambos since age 16 or what to have that kind of attitude? Where is the fire and grit you expect from them? 

21 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

we will have to wait and see. He will get his chance, but if he keeps that mentality, hopefuly nothing more. RLC is another one. 

Do these young english players go through fancy schools and pack 50k a week and Lambos since age 16 or what to have that kind of attitude? Where is the fire and grit you expect from them? 

RLC is a different case, as I think he can get away with a casual attitude as a midfielder. After all we saw Ozil in his prime dazzle for Madrid. But for Fullbacks, when I see good fullbacks I only imagine energetic, end to end, runners with effort put in every match. To be playing a laid back style as a fullback can never sit well with me. If James doesn't change, he'll be easily replaced.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

RLC is a different case, as I think he can get away with a casual attitude as a midfielder. After all we saw Ozil in his prime dazzle for Madrid. But for Fullbacks, when I see good fullbacks I only imagine energetic, end to end, runners with effort put in every match. To be playing a laid back style as a fullback can never sit well with me. If James doesn't change, he'll be easily replaced.

Yes midfielder can be a little "lazy" and still pull it off. But I certainly dont want an Ozil or Pogba mentality here. That way, RLC might be just a bench option forever at best. Shame because he is realy talented. Kai is similar. It will be interesting how he shows up if he ends here. I saw a couple of Leverkusen games past two years and dude doesnt show any energy even when he scores 😄

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Why is Spanish media always talking about Reguilon to Chelsea, while English media only mentions Chilwell?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Sounds like the work of his agent

46 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I think we will get him and chilwell both and offload alonso and emerson

If we are buying two LB's I'd prefer to buy one of Chilwell and Ruglion and then buy either Gosens or Telles as the second. Tbh, I am ok with Alonso as a LB2 as he provides some plan B options. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You