test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NikkiCFC

Sergio Reguilón

Started by NikkiCFC,

164 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

RLC is a different case, as I think he can get away with a casual attitude as a midfielder. After all we saw Ozil in his prime dazzle for Madrid. But for Fullbacks, when I see good fullbacks I only imagine energetic, end to end, runners with effort put in every match. To be playing a laid back style as a fullback can never sit well with me. If James doesn't change, he'll be easily replaced.

Yes midfielder can be a little "lazy" and still pull it off. But I certainly dont want an Ozil or Pogba mentality here. That way, RLC might be just a bench option forever at best. Shame because he is realy talented. Kai is similar. It will be interesting how he shows up if he ends here. I saw a couple of Leverkusen games past two years and dude doesnt show any energy even when he scores 😄

kellzfresh likes this

Nothing too substantial here but...

Why is Spanish media always talking about Reguilon to Chelsea, while English media only mentions Chilwell?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Why is Spanish media always talking about Reguilon to Chelsea, while English media only mentions Chilwell?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Sounds like the work of his agent

I think we will get him and chilwell both and offload alonso and emerson

46 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

If we are buying two LB's I'd prefer to buy one of Chilwell and Ruglion and then buy either Gosens or Telles as the second. Tbh, I am ok with Alonso as a LB2 as he provides some plan B options. 

47 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

they will never agree to that (the players)

they are both starting quality

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

they will never agree to that (the players)

they are both starting quality

Wasnt Reguilon linked with Everton? He would compete with Digne there...

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Wasnt Reguilon linked with Everton? He would compete with Digne there...

Ëverton can say they want him all they want, that doesn't mean he would go

7 hours ago, King Kante said:

If we are buying two LB's I'd prefer to buy one of Chilwell and Ruglion and then buy either Gosens or Telles as the second. Tbh, I am ok with Alonso as a LB2 as he provides some plan B options. 

We are going to have games every 3rd day. so unless we plan to run chilwell/reguilon into the ground or switch to back 3 to accomodate alonso, every 3rd game, we really need a 2nd LB. Given the congestion there will be enough game time for both. But anyways, Alonso, is just not an option.

42 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

We are going to have games every 3rd day. so unless we plan to run chilwell/reguilon into the ground or switch to back 3 to accomodate alonso, every 3rd game, we really need a 2nd LB. Given the congestion there will be enough game time for both. But anyways, Alonso, is just not an option.

chilwell for league and CL, then alonso can play in FA, carling & backup when chilwell injured. no need to have depth with same quality, even TAA and robertson didn't have backup as good as alonso...

We should target both Chilwell and Reguilon, we can sell Alonso and Emerson is on the his way out. We have many games throughout the season, both can get enough games without being burned out. At 25m (if that is the price quoted) he is cheap for the quality and hype that is created around him. 

Puliiszola likes this

28 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

chilwell for league and CL, then alonso can play in FA, carling & backup when chilwell injured. no need to have depth with same quality, even TAA and robertson didn't have backup as good as alonso...

Just because it worked for Liverpool does not mean it will work for us.

City have walker and cancelo, RM have marcelo and mendy. There are plenty of examples. Moreover a "fight" for places is always good.

Forget injuries, what happens if chilwell loses form? Are we back to alonso? What about a 2 month long injury? 

We also have reece and azpi fighting over the RB spot, there is literally no reason to settle for such a pathetic option like alonso when we can easily upgrade over it for literally the same price.

coolhead23 likes this

Alonso is more than good enough to play backup for one more season. Getting two new players for the same position in the same window rarely works out because it's much harder for the other one to settle in with little playing time. Alonso already knows the squad and the manager so it's easier for him to come in the team when needed than it would be for someone who's only just joined the club. Not to mention selling him at a good enough value would not be that easy right now but in 1-2 years shipping him out should be more doable.

And just from the pairs you mentioned Walker & Cancelo doesn't really work. Cancelo is a good player but he hasn't looked anywhere near his best given that he very rarely plays. Real Madrid have Mendy and Marcelo because they're slowly trying to phase out Marcelo who's 32 and suffers from injuries.

With Azpi and James the structure is also good because one is a young talent and the other is older so I'd think it's clear for the both of them that James' playing time will increase as time goes by. Having two 23yo left-backs like Reguilon and Chillwell on the other hand would be completely different because both would expect to be starters and the one who misses out will eventually become unhappy.

blu35_army, kellzfresh, Tomo and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Just because it worked for Liverpool does not mean it will work for us.

City have walker and cancelo, RM have marcelo and mendy. There are plenty of examples. Moreover a "fight" for places is always good.

Forget injuries, what happens if chilwell loses form? Are we back to alonso? What about a 2 month long injury? 

We also have reece and azpi fighting over the RB spot, there is literally no reason to settle for such a pathetic option like alonso when we can easily upgrade over it for literally the same price.

Tbh I dont want us to become another city without known starting 11. Its always best to have 11 starters than rotation that city is doing. Because it creates a better chemistry and players give it all. Why would Mahrez give 110% if he knows he will get benched next 2 games? And thats exactly what is killing City in games like Lyon. 

If we plan to buy Chilwell, then stick to him even if he hits the hard run. Support him and let him improve. He cost 65m, he has to be trusted by the board, no? Otherwise why would we pay that if we dont have faith in him. Meanwhile if he hits bad form and we play Reguilon, why would Chilwell give a damn when he returns if we are picking players like its just business. It creates bad chemistry and we should stay away from such tactic.

Chilwell/Reguilon as first option and Alonso as backup is fine.

30 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh I dont want us to become another city without known starting 11. Its always best to have 11 starters than rotation that city is doing. Because it creates a better chemistry and players give it all. Why would Mahrez give 110% if he knows he will get benched next 2 games? And thats exactly what is killing City in games like Lyon. 

If we plan to buy Chilwell, then stick to him even if he hits the hard run. Support him and let him improve. He cost 65m, he has to be trusted by the board, no? Otherwise why would we pay that if we dont have faith in him. Meanwhile if he hits bad form and we play Reguilon, why would Chilwell give a damn when he returns if we are picking players like its just business. It creates bad chemistry and we should stay away from such tactic.

Chilwell/Reguilon as first option and Alonso as backup is fine.

I disagree.

Why would a player put in his best foot forward if there is no real danger of an ax. For some very weird reason, its only NOW, that people/managers want small squads. SAF always had a big squad and used a lot of rotation. We ourselves had 2 players for each position around 2004-10. After which our difference in the first squad and bench was very visible and hence the problems.

There is a difference in supporting Chilwell, and over-using him. We bought torres for 50mil, and kept playing him despite his issues of form, injuries etc etc. WHat happened? Thats so not the way to get the best out of players?

I would be fine with having castillo as backup, but never EVER going to be fine with having Alonso as a back up. The guy is useless. Will disrupt the whole chemistry and the way we play each time he takes the field. No way should he be in our squad next season.

As others have said buying two LB's in one window is troblesome as one of the players will only play 20-30% of the time and struggles to settle. As slow as Alonso is, he isn't completely dire and there have been occasions this season where he has bailed us out. Starting Alonso against the likes of Sheff Utd, WBA, Fulham, Brighton, Newcastle etc is not an issue. For sure, do not start him against City or a Bayern/super quick teams. 

Alonso for me is a flawed player but the way some people go on you would think he is Baka/Batsh*t bad and that just isn't the case. 

PS, we aren't finding anyone to tale on his £100k a week wages, let alone pay us a fee on top. 

51 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As others have said buying two LB's in one window is troblesome as one of the players will only play 20-30% of the time and struggles to settle. As slow as Alonso is, he isn't completely dire and there have been occasions this season where he has bailed us out. Starting Alonso against the likes of Sheff Utd, WBA, Fulham, Brighton, Newcastle etc is not an issue. For sure, do not start him against City or a Bayern/super quick teams. 

Alonso for me is a flawed player but the way some people go on you would think he is Baka/Batsh*t bad and that just isn't the case. 

PS, we aren't finding anyone to tale on his £100k a week wages, let alone pay us a fee on top. 

Same people said that there is no way we would buy kai havertz after already buying ziyech and werner. 

Have you seen the fixture list? It's horrendous. We need depth. And we need quality depth. The likes of alonso have played against sheffield's and Leeds and have screwed us over multiple times with us having to change the formation and way we play. 

As for the last bit, same was being said about

1. Bakayoko - close to 20m € exit to milan (with lyon, Fulham and CP monitoring)

2. Emerson - close to 20m€ exit to inter (with Napoli and Juve in the race too)

3. Batshuayi - linked with 25m£ exit to Leeds

So there will always be takers for players. 

12 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Same people said that there is no way we would buy kai havertz after already buying ziyech and werner. 

Have you seen the fixture list? It's horrendous. We need depth. And we need quality depth. The likes of alonso have played against sheffield's and Leeds and have screwed us over multiple times with us having to change the formation and way we play. 

As for the last bit, same was being said about

1. Bakayoko - close to 20m € exit to milan (with lyon, Fulham and CP monitoring)

2. Emerson - close to 20m€ exit to inter (with Napoli and Juve in the race too)

3. Batshuayi - linked with 25m£ exit to Leeds

So there will always be takers for players.

Even so, do you really consider the second choice LB to be the most pressing concern in the squad? The very first priority should be making the first XI as strong as possible so after singing a new LB (whether it's Chillwell, Reguilon or someone else) the club should focus fully on GK and CB areas before even thinking about the LB position again. And after those two are done I'd say DMF is next on the agenda, unless the defensive signing is Rice who can do both DM and CB.

While I don't think he's good enough, at least for the big games, having Alonso as 2nd choice LB for at least another season should be the least of our problems in the short term.