• Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Mount (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

36 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Football cliche alert : Score first tonight we're in with a chance they score first I can only see us getting pummelled I'm afraid. Definitely not going to watch the pre match bollocks the amount of times Istanbul and 2005 will be mentioned will be off the scale.

Will they mention the children that had their tickets snatched out of their hands by the dippers?

I would play Pulisic from the start tonight. I think one area we could get some joy is on that right hand side of Liverpool. Salah doesn't track back nearly as much as Mane does on the left, and whilst Alexander-Arnold is an excellent player going forward, I still think his defensive game at times can be raw and suspect.

That means one of Barkley and Mount for the central spot. I think Lampard will probably keep faith with Mount and Abraham tonight. It gives him the perfect opportunity early on to show how much faith and belief he has in the younger players in our squad, despite the criticism's of Mourinho and the usual media bollocks that follows. It should also be huge motivation for both that they have a point to prove that they do belong at this level. 

Despite a trophy on the line for this game, the Leicester game at the weekend has to take priority. This one almost feels like a bit of a free shot to get back on the pitch and start trying to right some of the wrongs from the weekend. As long as I see some progression and improvement on the weaknesses on show on Sunday then I'll be fairly content.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Weirdly im looking forward to this.

The whole world including 95% of our fanbase are expecting us to get hammered, how many times have we been in that situation and actually got hammered? Barely if ever, most recent examples our cup finals last season.

I am actually pretty relax this season. I have no expectation. I consider this season to be a development season. We probably won't finish 4th or go far in UCL. But as long as we are actually playing proper football both defensively and offensively, and developing player, I am good. 

Take united game for example, if we have better striker we probably would have won that game but it was probably not good for long term because defensively we were atrocious. 

Against Liverpool, I want to see better pressing structure and maybe less constant high press. 

12 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Play it loud

Do you know West Brom claim they were the first to play it at they're ground despite on the sleevenotes it says ''Thank you to the players and fans of Chelsea FC for making this a hit'' or words to that effect. Thick Brummie twats.