Didier Drogba

DYC.

Aren't you all doing the same now 'I told you it was a good idea'?? He did nothing special, nothing he should be given that much credit for baring Europa League, he was and still is a cunt.

Yes, but with the slight difference that I wanted the team to do well while some people were actually hoping that Rafa, and hence Chelsea, do badly which was the whole point of that last post of mine.

Nobody knows what would have happened that season. You are trying to make it look like we were in relegation zone under Robbie, where in fact we were 4 points behind City with a game against them coming up at the Bridge. Also everything was made that much harder by having to play Torres week in week out which was obviously not a decision made by the manager.

Yes, and you can't prove that we wouldn't be winning the CL every season if I were the manager!

I really don't wish to revive ancient debates that are now meaningless, but, for me, it was never about the results and I would have said the same had we failed to win the EL, in fact the article I'm referring to was written before we even reached the semis IIRC.

It was about the evolution of the squad as whole and the key players in particular in a direction that ensures that the next manager can, with a few minor adjustments, build a team that can challenge for titles, i.e. what Jose has done. But that was not going to be possible, imo, with the tactically woeful manner the team was playing under Robbie.

I remember certain members who are now being all smartass about RDM, claiming AVB could be our Ferguson at one point. Not to mention the club giving him the sack at 5 AM, that was the biggest embarassment of all.

I completely agree that the club did act embarrassingly with a club legend. He should never have been offered the job in the first place as the board clearly didn't think he was good enough to do it. And let's not open and an even older debate about AVB and how and why he was sacked.

Aren't you all doing the same now 'I told you it was a good idea'?? He did nothing special, nothing he should be given that much credit for baring Europa League, he was and still is a cunt.

Nobody knows what would have happened that season. You are trying to make it look like we were in relegation zone under Robbie, where in fact we were 4 points behind City with a game against them coming up at the Bridge. Also everything was made that much harder by having to play Torres week in week out which was obviously not a decision made by the manager.

I remember certain members who are now being all smartass about RDM, claiming AVB could be our Ferguson at one point. Not to mention the club giving him (RDM) the sack at 5 AM, that was the biggest embarassment of all.

on topic:

Could Didier retire after this season, that is if we win the league? I'd give him a job at the club immediately.

I think that's the plan and I hope it works out that way - Drogba deserves to retire a champ.

Definitely the player who improved the most since the start of the season and he's 36 :blink:

When we signed him back I expected him only to come on for 10 minutes at most all season. Was genuinely very worried when Costa and Remy where out and he would start against ManU; end up scoring a copy of the Munich-header. Our only goal of the match. Three days ago he was the deciding factor in the match against Spurs with a goal and an assist. And today he came on in the last 20 minutes and again he was the most dangerous man on the pitch, scoring our only goal and with a little bit more luck it would've been two.

Amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like some girl just trying to get her name in the limelight lmao, she doesn't even confirm it's him.