Didier Drogba

DYC.

I'm as angry as anyone when he play from the start against Schalke at Stamford Bridge, despite we have fit Remy at that time.

But then everything has changed since then. I have to admit, I love to see Drogba playing for our side much more, than seeing him playing for other teams. Regardless whatever he is doing on the pitch, it just make me happy to have him in our squad.

Hopefully he could maintained his performance.

Hahahaha all those know-it-alls banging on about how bad bringing him back, tarnishing his legacy etc etc. Please fuck off. Drogba ain't like anybody else. He could still lead the line for any top European side.

I am still against this signing, we should be moving on from him. Dont get me wrong I love the guy but his just past it and to make it worse he will take a valuable international squad space and reduce minutes for someone like Lukaku or even a Bamford

What do you guys expect from Didier this season?

Obviously he's a legend for the club and he will be great for the lockerroom & the mental aspect.

Hopefully Lukaku stays so he can pick up a lot from him( both mentally as technically).

But what do you still expect from Didier on the pitch? He's 36y old afterall

Dont let your emotions judge on this one, we all love Drogba but his just past it, would be surprised if he manages 5 goals all season

:rolleyes:

I love how people are having a go at the one's who had concerns over his return.

I was one of them and those concerns were valid, outside of the FA and CL latter stages under RDM he wasn't that good for his last two seasons and wasn't blowing the world away with Gala.

Ok i was wrong as a squad player he is quite invaluable in this squad but people really really need to stop confusing constructive concern with disrespect.

I love how people are having a go at the one's who had concerns over his return.

I was one of them and those concerns were valid, outside of the FA and CL latter stages under RDM he wasn't that good for his last two seasons and wasn't blowing the world away with Gala.

Ok i was wrong as a squad player he is quite invaluable in this squad but people really really need to stop confusing constructive concern with disrespect.

Chill man - it just looks like a bit of banter to me :) all harmless :)

Drogba, even at 36, has a significantly better hold up and link up play than Costa. there I said it.

Link up play is not really something you lose over age... Didier was always one of the best in the world in that aspect.

You definiyely dint read what people wrote about him after the schalke game. There was nothing constructive in that criticism AT ALL.

Saying things like - DD is here simply cos of his relationship with Jose is totally asenine specially when jose sold the backbone of his former chelsea team - lamps.

DD was here as a squad player and a presence in the dressing room. A personality to have who can talk to the hazards and oscars of the team. Doubting jose and DD's intentions towards the club is probably the worst slight anyone can ever say. He needed time to adapt, to regain his fitness.

Link up play is not really something you lose over age... Didier was always one of the best in the world in that aspect.

His assists numbers are widely ignored for whatever reason.

Btw, the give-and-go wth Hazard at Old Trafford deserved a goal - I was pissed that didn't go in. :doh: