Didier Drogba

DYC.

He's barely going to play, if Torres is here still he'll probably even behind him in the pecking order.

He'll be more than of a coach than anything. If he was coming back as merely a player I'd understand the unrest but he'll barely play, if not at all.

He's barely going to play, if Torres is here still he'll probably even behind him in the pecking order.

He'll be more than of a coach than anything. If he was coming back as merely a player I'd understand the unrest but he'll barely play, if not at all.

Can we at least hope with Drogba coming back, Torres will be sent to the youth team and rot there? :cry: :cry:

Can we at least hope with Drogba coming back, Torres will be sent to the youth team and rot there? :cry: :cry:

I wish. Just not going to happen though unfortunately.

In fact, I don't even want him to pollute the youth team with sulky attitude, so let's not even go there. We'll just have to ride these last two years out regarding Torres.

I wish. Just not going to happen though unfortunately.

In fact, I don't even want him to pollute the youth team with sulky attitude, so let's not even go there. We'll just have to ride these last two years out regarding Torres.

Where's AVB when we need him?! :P

Big presence in the dressing room and the type of personality you want the young players to model themselves after. This is more about having a leader in the squad after the loss of Cole and Lamps.

If the rumours are true then we'll have a very strong strike force(assuming Lukaku does not leave.) A player/coach role would be perfect for the young players and the club. The youngsters(again Lukaku) would benefit a lot and Drogba as a player would help us too.

I always wanted to know how he would perform with Oscar and Hazard supplying him passes. Now that we have a better squad,Drogba could be quite lethal for us but his role would be quite minimal as he may take sometime to readapt.

Anyways, I am totally on board with this move. His presence will truly motivate the players and it'll be great to have the Legend back.

Many people commented about Drogba's presence in the dressing room, his leadership skills, etc, and while all of this is true, we need to remember that our squad is different now than it was in 2011. Most of our first team players, especially midfielders and attackers, never even played with Drogba. Would they like being bossed in the dressing room by a player completely unfamiliar to them? I'm not so sure.

That said, of course I want him back for sentimental reasons. But I'm not sure his return would actually improve the atmosphere in the dressing room. Our first team players are mature enough to start developing some leadership skills. We can't rely on the veterans forever. Next year Drogba will be gone, then JT at some point, then what? We need new leaders to emerge now that Cole and Lamps are gone, not to cling to old ones.

Many people commented about Drogba's presence in the dressing room, his leadership skills, etc, and while all of this is true, we need to remember that our squad is different now than it was in 2011. Most of our first team players, especially midfielders and attackers, never even played with Drogba. Would they like being bossed in the dressing room by a player completely unfamiliar to them? I'm not so sure.

That said, of course I want him back for sentimental reasons. But I'm not sure his return would actually improve the atmosphere in the dressing room. Our first team players are mature enough to start developing some leadership skills. We can't rely on the veterans forever. Next year Drogba will be gone, then JT at some point, then what? We need new leaders to emerge now that Cole and Lamps are gone, not to cling to old ones.

I believe Drogba would really improve our squad as Jose would have the luxury of picking from 4 strikers. Having him in the team will make the strike force less riskier and wouldn't affect the 3 strikers we have at the moment. His role as a player would obviously depend upon the situations but something tells me that he'll link up quite well with Hazard,Oscar and the other attacking players.

Also his presence will really help Lukaku and the other young players. I am sure Jose will consider him as a coach first and then player. Its no secret that we are gunning for the title this year so its important that we are well equipped both physically( in terms of players quality and quantity) and mentally( the champions attitude and hunger to win)